Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Malice vs rage (again)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Malice vs rage (again) 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 31, 2014 8:43am | Report
I think this subject has come up a lot of times. But I wanted to know what you guys think about the Malice and Rage (with or without death bringer, depending which god etc.)

My own opinion is I like depending on god Rage or Malice more especially since they made it cheaper and removed the attack speed increase on Rage.

Only thing I don't know is when is which of these too better. (searched for it but most of it is out dated).

So yeah what's your opinion on this subject?

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 31, 2014 9:44am | Report
IMO Malice is kind useless unless you have Rage already. And when you have Rage you want DB not Malice. :P

So unless you are going 3 crit items I do not like Malice ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 31, 2014 9:52am | Report
On most hunters, Rage is a better option. But for physical bursty Gods like Merc or Loki Malice is a solid pick. I already finished my Rage vs Malice section on my Loki guide and there it includes the stats and main differences letting you decide which one. Just gotta republish it when I get home tonight. It might help you with the question and it makes a big difference if you get db already my with the item or not comparing them.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » August 31, 2014 10:12am | Report
I'd consider Malice only on Loki and a full damage Hun Batz. And maybe Serqet. Other than that, Rage is the better choice.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 31, 2014 11:05am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

I'd consider Malice only on Loki and a full damage Hun Batz. And maybe Serqet. Other than that, Rage is the better choice.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 31, 2014 11:54am | Report
Basically I see it like this.

Lets assume you are using both rage and malic with death bringer.

If your using rage you have 20 less physical power, but you have increased crit chance than malic meaning you are more likely to crit. With rage and DB your crit chance is 50% without the passive from rage, meaning really your crit chance is above 50% when you have rage and DB.

So with rage, its a item that lets you crit more often but is not as powerful when it crits.

Malic, you only have 40% crit chance with DB, BUT it is more powerful when it crits.

So basically.

Get rage if you want to crit on most hits

Get Malic if you want to do more damage from your crits but will crit less than rage.

Even though rage is weaker the difference is, even though malic is stronger, if you don't crit 2-3 times with it then you didn't do massive damage, where as rage, although it doesn't do as much damage as malic will ensure most of the time you crit to ensure a lot of damage but not to the same level as malice.

Eh, its basically one of those things that you have to nit pick over.

I'd say based on stats, Malice looks on paper to be the better choice, I actually forgot about the item since I use rage a lot but I must say on paper Malic looks better because although it has less crit chance, it gives you more physical power and that passive does more damage when you crit meaning more damage overall when you crit or don't crit.

Rage just ensures that you will crit almost everytime.

Its a nit pick thing.

Its a toss up

Rage will allow you to crit more but do less damage on your crits
Malic will allow you to have more crit damage and damage in general but won't crit as much.

I am saying the damage on those crits are obviously better by a long shot, the only reason rage is even possibly a good choice is because of the crit chance, if malic had the same crit chance as rage malic would be the waaaay better item. It comes down to do you want to take less crit and more power when those crits happen or more crit to ensure you crit more often but less power then malic when you crit.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » August 31, 2014 7:24pm | Report
Rage if you have steroids. Malice if not.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 31, 2014 7:36pm | Report
Talked about it in my updated guide

linked to a specific chapter

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » August 31, 2014 9:31pm | Report
Deathbringer Rage is consistent. 40 percent critical chance with Deathbringer Malice is not.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 1, 2014 1:18am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Rage if you have steroids. Malice if not.

I need to say I'm thinking like this also.

I take Rage sooner if I have mostly something that increases attack speed (my basic example AMC I use Rage on Xba I use Malice (and then if I crit have 950 damage and after that it's like around 700 on the hits that don't crit afterwards for 3 sec.)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }