Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki is Broken

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Loki is Broken 24 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Duotem » April 23, 2018 4:42am | Report
[Essentially I almost never use CC as an argument on a god's balance unless it's on the basis that a god/dess has too much of it.] No offense but this is an extremely dumb statement. You're throwing away entire aspects of abilities and kits because CC hurts everyone? kinda like how base damage hurts everyone?

If the enemy Loki is off god knows where splitpushing then you force a fight on the enemy team 4v5, kill them, and win. If he breaks base he probably can't end and by that point if you haven't countered the split push then you're game is probably over anyway cause you're too far behind.

The point on if Loki's team has coordination you can track relics stands for pretty much every Assassin, most of which can do something else largely more useful than just the blowing people up part.

The only viable reaction CC being noxious fumes is dumb. 99% of cones work fine as well in most cases if you're tracking where he is. Counterbuilding is inherent to playing against certain gods. If Loki is a huge problem as a mage just grab Warlocks and some phys defense or on an ADC grab double lifesteal so you can heal up after living the burst. (And sometimes you won't live through the burst and thats fine
it happens against all characters).

He's a pubstomper thats easy to shut down before he even gets ahead. Are there times where he pops off and carries a game sure. However, if you have a competent team with you then you should be able to make the calls and counterplay for the win. In casual modes like arena or clash I can see being able to snowball super easy to win off the higher gold/xp generation. But I can count on one hand the amount of Conquest/Scrim/Tournament Losses that I've been handed due to a Loki.

Duotem

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 23, 2018 6:24am | Report
Loki is only good at mid/late game, totally dependent of his Assassinate to look like "broken" and this is extremely predictable. Also he is NOT strong in a teamfight and can be easily defeat on it.

Furthermore, a wrong Assassinate can put him seriously risk (I don't mean necessarily miss the skill, but go on a target full of allies around and gods with escape).

So, to counter a Loki it's just group up and he will forced to commit suicide trying to kill someone or will not do anything. Yes, he can be strong in a 1vs1 fight, but it's not broken.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 23, 2018 11:56am | Report
A loki that relies heavily on Assassinate to get stuff done is never going to do much in a game (especially not in teamfights), but if you make good use of the rest of his kit. Stealth and AA cancel with the 3, as well as good bodyblocks with decoy. And just uses assassinate for 1v1s, escapes or picking of someone in the middle of a fight. Then you need to actually try a lot harder to shut him down. It is still fairly easy unless brain is in restmode though.

A loki that engages with Assassinate every fight is almost always going to die for it and is not even going to trade a kill for himself a lot of the time as long as the enemy team is grouped properly.

Pretty sure Estidien talkes about a Loki that knows how to use the entire kit and not just Assassinate :p

Try and play a game where you only use Assassinate to escape or chase (whithout targeting anyobe with it), and see how powerful you actually are.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 23, 2018 12:11pm | Report
I understand your view, but I mean to Loki looks like broken it's because his Assassinate that is not powerful in fact, but it's annoying.

Also if the team work together, group up, don't let him do splitpushes Loki is totally useless in the match.

He is "Broken" if were feed, or let him do splitpushes or/and if the team don't group up trying to fight 1 vs 1.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }