Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Hunters/ADCs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Hunters/ADCs 124 posts - page 8 of 13

Poll Question:

How to Change Cupid?
Drastically Buff his Late Game and Nerf his Early Game to Make Him more like Other ADCs
Slightly Nerf his Early Game and Slightly Buff his Late Game to Preserve his Unique Traits
How Dare You Touch My Baby!
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 30, 2014 7:41pm | Report
Hrmm. Here's another idea:

Enfeeble now reduces defense by 15%, rather than 15.

Its early game power has been virtually removed now, and gives him some focus late game, making him more of a hyper carry now. Note that this is 15% reduction, not 15% penetration, so this will not stack with Titan's Bane.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 30, 2014 7:50pm | Report
I would like to see his early game aggression reduced, by making him a little easier to see coming. My suggestion is to reduce the distance Anhur is able to leap, but compensate by providing a quicker leap. This means he has to be closer in range to his enemy to leap+impale someone, but will perform it quicker. You will be able to see him moving in for aggression. Additionally, it lowers his safety, as his slow AND knockback (arguably worse than Neith's root) AND leap are nasty escape mechanisms. Since he'll perform it quicker, but a shorter distance, it allows a gap closer to catch up while still providing a quick escape if performed well.

Thoughts?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 30, 2014 7:57pm | Report
I'm worried about the slight lowering of counterplay by quickening his leap + impale combo, it feels too much like the post-hit delay reductions to me.

But the idea about reducing his leap distance is sound, and a firm lowering of his kill potential and escape potential.

So yeah, I guess I like it.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 30, 2014 9:46pm | Report
I intend to leave the weakening of Anhur's early game still in discussion, but I think I should move on to another way of nerfing him: Reducing his strength late game.

It's like The Cupid Solution. We plateau his power level flatter. (Grammar-lovers, you may attack now). We approach the balance change from the opposite angle, by mostly leaving his early game intact while nerfing his late game impact.

The reason why his late game is so strong is from one main reason: his pillar-stun combo. Getting +20% damage on his basic attacks is so huge, so insanely strong, it brings him right up to Artemis' level despite being much safer to use and being able to be used more often. The fact that his Desert Fury can deal damage comparable to an Ao Kuang ult is also a problem.

We have several solutions to his problem.

We can make the combo more situational, maybe by increasing cooldowns.

We can directly lower his damage by reducing the bonus damage, reducing the base damage on his Desert Fury, etc.

We can increase counterplay potential by lowering his CC, so that late game his basics aren't impossible to avoid when you are stuck in the Shifting Sands.

Or some other solutions that I ask the community to think of.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 31, 2014 4:55am | Report
I suggest reducing his Desert Fury's base damage from 240/440/640/840/1040 to 200/380/560/740/920. Still very strong, but not a nigh-guaranteed kill anymore, and hopefully this will slightly weaken both his early and late game.

One more thing that is a bit more drastic: I want to change his Shifting Sands to deal additional 5/10/15/20/25% of his physical power per basic attack, instead of simply increasing his damage by a percentage. His critical strike will no longer deal 300% of his Power, instead dealing 275%, and his noncrits will deal 125% of his AD instead of 120%, making this an odd nerf.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 31, 2014 9:21am | Report
Judging by everyone's silence, I guess the current topic has been discussed to death.

Anhur is done, it seems like no one thinks Ah Muzen Cab needs a change, Artemis is done, Cupid is done, Xbalanque is done.

Next up is Neith.

1. Does she need a change?

2. What should be changed?

3. Why?

4. How?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » January 31, 2014 9:28am | Report
I don't think her Backflip needs a drastic change if at all - it's the most obvious and easy to predict jump. A Sobek or a Ra with some brains can easily hit her with Charge Prey and Searing Pain.

Maybe just make the slow a 3 seconds flat, no scaling. But I don't really care for that.

The only real problem I have with her is the radius on her Unravel. Jesus Christ it has the radius of Whirlpool. Make it 15ft radius or 12, something like that. And maybe cause Broken Weave to increase Unravel radius to 20, maybe instead of the healing bonus.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 3, 2014 2:12am | Report
I wish RazeMage or Sunfall or JararoNatsu would comment on this, one has a hate-***** for her and the other made a guide on her.

Hrm. I haven't seen a Neith who kicked my ***, and I'm not very good with her, either. I'll try to play her to get a better feel for her.

Backflip may be easy to predict, but a lot of people complain that she is impossible to kill in lane because of the slow + the leap being a huge gap maker. I think that's why a lot of people want the slow removed altogether. (BTW, your change is a straight buff for most of the game since a lot of Neiths level their backflip last)

I don't think the radius or damage on Unravel are that bad, I think the attack speed debuff is the killer, metaphorically speaking.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 3, 2014 1:40pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

Many, Sir DarkJaw. Many.

Here are the problems that I have with Neith:

1. Backflip has so much going on. A slow, a back flip (duh), damage, and a Weave. Remove the slow and the damage, and I believe that it will be fine.

2. Spirit Arrow should have some of its damage reduced, as well as reduced time on the root.

3. Unravel should not have both a heal as well as a reduced speed debuff. She is the only Carry in the game to have an ability that both heals her and debuffs an enemy. Remove either the heal or the debuff (preferably the debuff) and it will make a good CC initiator for her.

4. She needs more clothes.

Putting this here.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 6, 2014 9:33am | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

Many, Sir DarkJaw. Many.

Here are the problems that I have with Neith:

1. Backflip has so much going on. A slow, a back flip (duh), damage, and a Weave. Remove the slow and the damage, and I believe that it will be fine.

2. Spirit Arrow should have some of its damage reduced, as well as reduced time on the root.

3. Unravel should not have both a heal as well as a reduced speed debuff. She is the only Carry in the game to have an ability that both heals her and debuffs an enemy. Remove either the heal or the debuff (preferably the debuff) and it will make a good CC initiator for her.

4. She needs more clothes.

I think that the backflip should lose it's slow, but still do damage. Or vice versa.

I like the spirit arrow idea.

If we take the debuff off of unravel, then can we get a higher heal scaling? :D

More clothes? Why not less clothes? :P

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }