Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kali - one of the worst gods?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Kali - one of the worst gods? 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ProRules » May 14, 2014 11:25am | Report
Hey guys, well this is my opinion about kali, please tell me what you think.
Kali's damage over time is not so good and baster's much better.
Kali's Damange is a joke! she hits 2-3 times less than any other physical assasin/adc.
Ultimate is good beacause she is unkillable, but her damange is literaly a joke, with full tabi rage and deathbringer, i was criting barely like 100-150 avg, while other gods do 300-400 alrdy.

ProRules

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 14, 2014 11:28am | Report

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 14, 2014 11:28am | Report

Rep for days

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » May 14, 2014 11:29am | Report
Haha, what Nex said.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ProRules » May 14, 2014 11:38am | Report

are you a kid? im being serious, kali's damage is so low, what makes up for that?

ProRules

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 14, 2014 11:54am | Report
ProRules wrote:

are you a kid? im being serious, kali's damage is so low, what makes up for that?

No, I turned 18 last January. Why do you want to know?

The reason I did that is because most people actually find Kalis damage to be too high.

She dose do less damage per basic attack compared to other assassins (mainly because of her lack of steroids like aimed strike or sent of death), however she benefits highly from attack speed. Sure 200 crit might not be that impressive, but when she has the attack speed to land 3 basic attacks before you can even get out of her stun (which by the way is one of the things that make her so good, AoE non ultimate stun) it adds up. And she is an late game assassin.
Bad early game, but amazing late game.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » May 14, 2014 12:12pm | Report
She is a late game hypercarry. Read her ****....

First off she attacks with a pretty powerful chain. I'm pretty sure its like 1,.5,1,.5. Makes Qin's Sais seem pretty powerful doesn't it? This also explains your problem in her crits do half the damage. Which is true, however you do hit 2 times in the same time an enemy god can hit once.

Lets not forget she pretty much is guaranteed 2.5 attack speed. That is more than most gods can get. So I'm still not seeing your point. Now she is literally attacking 4+ times a second, thanks to her swing chain. So lets put 4 qin's procs a second compared to 2 from most other gods. >.>

Now she has a unkillable ultimate. So late game she can just rack up them kills. Ult close to death. Kill target. Go stun someone else. Kill them.

Maybe your problem is that you haven't ever made it full build, but trust me. Once you do. She is extremely powerful. They balance that with the **** early game that you seem to be *****ing about.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 14, 2014 12:35pm | Report
Additionally, she has a built in armor penetration (physical pen) passive that no other assassin has - closest is Bakasura having true damage. This lets Kali not only shred through tanks, but get a HUGE gold bonus after killing them, resulging in a VERY quick snowball.

But neither of these are what makes the passive overpowered, it's the 80% heal.

The biggest problem with assassins right now, is most gib one target - the adc or the mage - and have to leave. Loki, Bastet, even Nemesis, etc; most people that go in, take so much damage doing so, that it's hard to maintain the fight.

Kali is an assassin, BUT she's still a fighter - she can last long amounts of time in fights by bouncing from one of her targets to another, constantly healing 80% of her health. Should she ever get low doing so, she ults until she kills her current target, and if that's still not enough, she can jump to her target and heal 80% of their missing health. If they're low enough, that's BASICALLY her passive, if not more if it's a tank.

Think about if she jumps on a 4k health tank when he's at, say, 25% health. She's healing 2,400 just by jumping on him. That's insane.

I, by the way, completely agree with what's previously been stated, I just didn't want to reiterate what people already said. But she's not JUST overpowered from her immunity ult and nasty swing progression; she's overpowered from her INSANE sustain in long teamfights, which REALLY matters if they have someone who heals like Ra or Hel or Chang'E or the like.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » May 14, 2014 12:54pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Additionally, she has a built in armor penetration (physical pen) passive that no other assassin has - closest is Bakasura having true damage. This lets Kali not only shred through tanks, but get a HUGE gold bonus after killing them, resulging in a VERY quick snowball.

But neither of these are what makes the passive overpowered, it's the 80% heal.

The biggest problem with assassins right now, is most gib one target - the adc or the mage - and have to leave. Loki, Bastet, even Nemesis, etc; most people that go in, take so much damage doing so, that it's hard to maintain the fight.

Kali is an assassin, BUT she's still a fighter - she can last long amounts of time in fights by bouncing from one of her targets to another, constantly healing 80% of her health. Should she ever get low doing so, she ults until she kills her current target, and if that's still not enough, she can jump to her target and heal 80% of their missing health. If they're low enough, that's BASICALLY her passive, if not more if it's a tank.

Think about if she jumps on a 4k health tank when he's at, say, 25% health. She's healing 2,400 just by jumping on him. That's insane.

I, by the way, completely agree with what's previously been stated, I just didn't want to reiterate what people already said. But she's not JUST overpowered from her immunity ult and nasty swing progression; she's overpowered from her INSANE sustain in long teamfights, which REALLY matters if they have someone who heals like Ra or Hel or Chang'E or the like.

I was attempting to say that at the end, but got lazy. Well written.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 14, 2014 1:32pm | Report
Wait for MadDanny's post here about Kali haha

+rep nex

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }