Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Hun Batz bad, or just underrated?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is Hun Batz bad, or just underrated? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kallatine » August 16, 2015 6:57pm | Report
So in all of my time playing, loving, and wrecking (Except you Ao Kuang) as Hun Batz, I have not noticed anyone else playing as him.

I never have tested my ability against an enemy Hun Batz, never have had to grumble because a teammate stole my character- he just seems to be a ghost god.

I find it very odd because not only do I like him, he is easilly one of my best gods.

Am I an oddball or something with him?

Kallatine

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » August 16, 2015 7:03pm | Report
It's cool that you're playing an underrated god, but i think the problem is that he's not a S Tier god in DMBrandon's Tier List so there for he's trash. I personally think Hun Batz is great and still has a devastating presence in the game, but people will always go for the next best thing like Ao Kuang or Ratatoskr and leave those who are still good in the dust to be forgotten for the aforementioned gods.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » August 16, 2015 7:38pm | Report
Hun Batz has still been in and out of the meta though, he's a great pick with some team comps because of his ultimate. When it comes down to it though, people on a casual level listen to tier lists of pros which simply aren't applicable in most cases (some gods are standouts though, like Athena and Bellona being very strong). Most gods that are underrated can very often perform well in casual play, people just avoid them for no real reason.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 16, 2015 8:17pm | Report
The gap between a god who can perform his role competently and the top tier gods, who can perform their role and then some, is too high for some people to accept in certain levels of play.

Batz = can ult to avoid all the focus + chunk single targets with crits + chase with multiple gap closers.

Thor = can ult to avoid all the focus + chunk multiple targets with abilities + can chunk single targets with crits + chase with multiple gap closers + has a long range wall and stun.

Thor's spin-to-win: 225% scalings, 500 base damage, hits in a huge AoE, starts up instantly.

Batz' Overhand Smash: 85% scalings, 295 base damage, hits in a forward cone, and has a decently lengthy cast time.

...yeah. Rep?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 16, 2015 8:42pm | Report
Batz is good. The reason you can't compare Hun Batz and Thor like that is because Thor has a lot of unconfirmed damage on both his hammer and ultimate. Hun Batz's ult is a lot easier to land with a larger radius.

He's not even underrated he's just the jungler you can pick up that you can't go wrong with. Imo, he's strong and always will be. I prefer him over Thor even though I've played Thor much more.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 16, 2015 8:58pm | Report
This is assuming we're all in higher levels of play, where people generally don't miss stuff.

Because, let's face it, you can't dodge a Thor hammer, nor can you dodge a Whirlpool or Frost Breath or Impale. There isn't any bad juking, only bad aiming. The exceptions, like a Ra ult, are VERY far and few.

I'm not saying Batz is bad - just saying Thor's better.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » August 16, 2015 11:06pm | Report
Thor's abilities aren't inherently stronger than Hun Batz, Batz has an insane AOE ult that can turn teamfights around really quickly and is incredible for ganking. The difference is that in the early-mid game Thor can gank really effectively with his ult since it gives him a semi-global presence and any team with good communication can use global presence incredibly well to their advantage. That's why a lot of gods with high mobility ultimates (eg: Janus, Apollo, Athena, Thor and Ratatoskr (sorta)) have been consistently within the pro meta (with the exception of Ratatoskr since he's a recent addition, so it's hard to make judgements on him because of that factor).

HOWEVER in any match where an entire team is not in curse chat, these gods tend to be more lackluster; not used to their fullest potential. This is especially true for Janus and Thor who really need coordination for their ultimates to be used to their greatest effect.

On a side note, @sub: you can juke much of Whirlpool since it actually has about a half a second before the pull takes effect (although it does guarantee some damage and the half-second delay can be canceled out when used in conjunction with Release The Kraken!'s slow) and depending on range you can also juke Thor's hammer unless it's used with his stun.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » August 16, 2015 11:53pm | Report
Hun Batz is definitely underrated. But by no means is he a bad god. In fact if played close to his skill cap he can be quite destructive in the jungle. His ultimate is amazing for ganks and he has great chase and maneuverability potential.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » August 17, 2015 3:35am | Report
Batz never was underrated, he just is in a spot we you sometimes pick him and sometimes dont. If your team is not cc heavy enough for example.

Thor for example is a very good early to mid game jungler that scales in uselessness like Fenrir in late (very bad), meaning you have to be some kind of off-tank to do anything useful. Meanwhile Hun Batz is one of the more usefull damage and cc wise late game jungler, with his crit percentage/teleport/slow/ultimate.

His early and mid game are also pretty good, so dunno, this is the first time i hear somebody say he is underrated.

Also he is the perfect counterpick to all this annoying Janus player.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » August 17, 2015 6:08am | Report
Batz is amazing, he is one of the best jungler a to have on a team in my opinion. He does things different than Thor. Thor is more of a warrior in the lategame as his damage becomes less effective. Batz however has very high basic attack damage after abilities and great dodges with his sacred monkey when used effectively. I would say that fenrir should be built more like an AA warrior with a little less tank because while brutalize damage does fall off I have would argue that when built with an inhand focus any character with a reliable short cooldown stun and a 105 power 52% lifesteal steroid doesn't really fall off as his crits are massive and when you lifesteal 400 per sec you can out trade hunters that don't have Dev gloves most of the time.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }