Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Artemis OP? (Console)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is Artemis OP? (Console) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » April 11, 2016 12:36am | Report
Hello everyone I play SMITE on console and I've been noticing Artemis and her ability and how major of a threat she is to a game when she is running Rage and Death bringer sure it's an OP combo already and anyone one can run that but on an Artemis it just seems to shine a lot better... Is it just me or what's up?

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 11, 2016 12:48am | Report
Artemis has some of (if not THE) best dps late game due to her passive Still Target, and her attack speed steroid Vengeful Assault. Fighting an Artemis late game is extremely hard simply because she can dish out so much damage so quickly, even against tanks.

HOWEVER, she's one of the worst hunters early game, with bad lane clear, no escapes (ie: leaps/dashes) and only one damaging ability that she can reliably hit outside of her ultimate. Basically, in order to beat Artemis, you have to focus her early game and try to win before she can really get online. Regardless, because she's so weak early game, she's actually considered one of the weakest hunters in the game, even with most meta changes. Albeit, she isn't very hard to play so it's probably not too hard to find dominant Artemis's in low level play.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » April 11, 2016 12:50am | Report
Actually Malice and Deathbringer is a much better combo for Artemis. Rage isn't a great item atm.

But no, she's not overpowered at all.
She's a bit like Anubis in that she has a pure offense kit and high dos, but there is essentially nothing else's oher, so she can easily be overwhelmed and shut down, provided you know how, due to her lack of flexibility.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » April 11, 2016 1:10am | Report
True I have noticed in early game the she is pretty easy to beat but this won't stop me from being concerned when I see someone using her their starter item is "Death's toll". Now all that matter's is who is the Artermis player pushing with? Which normally it's a tank.

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » April 11, 2016 1:19am | Report
Really now? I didn't know about that because normally I see that combo and also "Devourer's Gauntlet". But I understand on what you both are saying again guess it's just me and it really doesn't help when my team just feeds her.

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 11, 2016 4:50am | Report
Feeding any god is a bad idea. even feeding a (good) tank player. You won't be able to kill him while meanwhile he and his teammate are killing him.
If fed really well on the right tank they can even kill you XD.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }