Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How did you guys get in SMITE?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How did you guys get in SMITE? 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 29, 2013 1:34pm | Report
I have no idea friend! I magically evolved into Ragingstorm level 35!
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » March 29, 2013 1:48pm | Report

What is the titan quest modding? XD

titan quest is a pc game kinda in the style of diablo and it was modding community forum

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 29, 2013 1:54pm | Report
My friends starting playing it, so I got into it. How they found it could have something to do with the large amount of SMITE advertisements going around the internet.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » March 30, 2013 4:04am | Report
I knew it from SmoshGame's personel, Sohinki. They play good games

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 30, 2013 4:27am | Report
I've actually been around SMITE since they started closed beta back in June.

I've always got my eyes peeled looking for any upcoming games and betas that might pique my interest, and when I heard about SMITE at... can't remember which site it was, I frequent a number of MMO-related sites... basically, I just came across news that they were going to start giving away beta keys. A game where I can play as all of those awesome gods I learned about in books and media? Count me in!

Having already played League of Legends and... sort of losing interest in it at the time, was another thing that pushed me into SMITE, and I was just completely amazed. It takes the base concept of LoL, but it executes it through a different perspective that feels much more fresh and comfortable to those who have played games like WoW, and the game just handled so fluidly for the level of graphical detail put into it. It became an instant favorite for me.

Sadly, I haven't had the same amount of luck getting other people into this game, contrary to my initial reaction. My old friends who I used to play LoL with wanted nothing to do with SMITE, no matter how much I expressed my enthusiam for it (though to be far, most of them never engaged in PvP to begin with -_- carebears....). Other friends I used to play various MMORPGs with showed no interest in MOBAs, and I can only assume it's just the competitive stigma that was to blame. None of them wanted my beta keys.

Several beta keys that never once saw use really disappointed me.

It's like people are incredibly hesistant to move to this game, but from what I've seen here, once they actually start playing it, they really enjoy it! Most people just seem to end up randomly trying it out for the lulz, and find out it's really good.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 31, 2013 4:18am | Report
I got in after WTF is... smite
at that moment I started looking for the key.
I got in to so much later :p
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NeLoDK » March 31, 2013 4:37pm | Report
A long time ago, a youtuber called northernlion made a video, and the game looked sort of ok, but I didn't bother with it. Then a little later on twitch I saw Psiyo play and it looked really fun, but again I didn't bother with it, then a month ago I got burned out with League, and decided to download every single Moba I could find, HoN was not my style. But smite fit me perfectly, I wen't 16-0 in my first game and a week later I bought the ultimate god pack and have been playing since. It's a little over a month ago now.

NeLoDK

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » March 31, 2013 5:09pm | Report
Watched slyfox talk about and decided to cheak it out. It was hard finding a beta key online, but i eventually found one. At first wheni tried it out i didnt like it, i bought zeus first and didnt like him, but then i found out that only his 3 worked when there were charges on an enemy (thought it did damage randomly lol) and i got good at him. Ive been playing back when guan yu was first realesed. Ive loved this game ever since
And yes i tried LOL but i hated the controls and overhead view. Im hoping smite will take LOL out of busniss because its in beta and i like it lot better than lol in full version.
Ice, my favorite element, and looks pretty cool

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnlimitedStrike » April 1, 2013 12:07pm | Report
i was playing TF2, them my friend post the SMITE site, and said "Look this game is awesone"them i look into the site and i was like "that looks nice, i will give a chance" i tried, in the first time i didn't like, but now i can't stop. e.e
the only MOBA game i like :P

UnlimitedStrike

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by edwardlui » April 4, 2013 4:29pm | Report
Saw a youtuber play it and think is really cool. I am a big fan of tf2 too~

edwardlui

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }