Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

HiRez and their dealings with loyal players

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » HiRez and their dealings with loyal players 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by A6R6P6 » August 10, 2013 3:08am | Report
Once upon a time there was a nice indie company called HiRez. It was nice and respectful towards their player base. They had great ideas and always listened to the player community, moreover they even put it as their main motto.

Then Smite comes.The people at the high company levels starts to see the money flow. The popularity of this game rises. They see a big rise in player base.

What a nice milk cow this is. They decide to stop supporting all other games and focus only on Smite. Screw the players there. Now this nice indie company becames dishonest full of biggots and don't care any more for player feedback. Why should they? They have a bigger Smite player base and they dont care for some small minority on forums that give feedback, theorycrafting and suggestions.
"Too much negative feedback, we cant handle this above all we are infallible. What we should do?"

Lets close the forums and throw all community on reddit.
Well let me tell you something: If you try to post on smite reddit a single negative feedback, not trolling or flaming, a simple criticism that doesn't have one adhominem or baiting - it will be DELETED. Asap, and they dont even care. No explanation, nobody knows even who deleted the post. Oh and if you are lucky enough that your post is not deleted the mob on reddit makes sure that your post is put at the bottom and well hidden. You know, nobody likes bad news so kill the messenger. Hang him!!

It is called "tyranny of the majority", yep a pure democracy par excellence.

A6R6P6

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 10, 2013 3:11am | Report
You know they got Feaster Bunny Bakasura and He Bro from the community, right? They are VERY, VERY involved with the community, and HiRezBart does a lot of interactions at different events. Their Reddit is not as toxic as you think.

I think they're very community friendly. Not as much as TF2's Valve, but close. You've just been unfortunate imo. They're still in beta and can't handle just how much they need to change.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by A6R6P6 » August 10, 2013 3:13am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

You know they got Feaster Bunny Bakasura and He Bro from the community, right? They are VERY, VERY involved with the community, and HiRezBart does a lot of interactions at different events. Their Reddit is not as toxic as you think.

I think they're very community friendly. Not as much as TF2's Valve, but close. You've just been unfortunate imo. They're still in beta and can't handle just how much they need to change.

Yes you can downvote me.

... btw nono, Reddit is not even a little toxic. It is ... how should I call it ... practically STERILE. People love so much this kind of environments. Posting hearts, complimenting each others, talking about the weather, getting karma etc. Why should they post a criticism about the game. They will only get downvoted. Let other people think for them, let hirez do all the thinking they are never wrong.

A6R6P6

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 10, 2013 3:17am | Report
A6R6P6 wrote:

Yes you can downvote me.

I didn't downvote you....I just disagreed with you...
I'm not a spiteful person, hell I go around and upvote guides that come out for a new god alongside the ones I make. I just simply don't think what you said is right, heh.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 10, 2013 4:31am | Report
I have had nothing but great dialogues with support etc from I started playing (1 year ago).

And why is it bad that they switch to reddit? It just makes everything easier, instead of having to read both the "official" forum and reddit now they only have to look at one place.. And reddit had a larger amount of users and is easie to use so they switched to that, not a problem IMO.

Just becaus they doesn't reply on your thread doesn't mean that they don't look at it :p

If you got a problem send hirez a support ticket if you don't like getting down voted by ppl who don't like what or how you are wording yourself when you post.
Take this post for instance, I would have down voted it in a heartbeat just because I think it was rude written and I don't agree with it at all.
If there was a majority of players who agreed with you, then the post would have been up voted and that is wh reddit is a good form of way to have a forum IMO. Ppl can say their opinion and ppl vote if they like it or not and hirez can see what is important to implement etc.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by A6R6P6 » August 10, 2013 4:42am | Report

If there was a majority of players who agreed with you, then the post would have been up voted and that is wh reddit is a good form of way to have a forum IMO. Ppl can say their opinion and ppl vote if they like it or not and hirez can see what is important to implement etc.

... and thats the whole point. I am quite sure you don't understand the problem. But nvm most people don't either (starting with big shots at Hirez) why having an opinion and defending it even if it is different than a majority is so important.
Something to think about:
You know that Hitler had a lot of supporters in ww2? You know that people cryed after the Korean dictator died? You know that people knew about concentration camps in Auschwitz and said nothing? .... more and more and more...

ye majority is always right, right? I just hope someday, maybe in distant future, having a separate opinion will be valued. Today majority of people watch soap operas, believe all the news they hear and see never questioning a single bit given to them by the "majority".

"Eppur si muove" my friend. Being a minion may be easy but is never right.

A6R6P6

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » August 10, 2013 4:54am | Report
also the reason your threads are getting deleted is because of the rules if you actually read them

No complaining or bragging.
Any post that solely contains only complaining/BMing or bragging will be removed as it doesn't add any type of constructive discussion to r/Smite. Instead of making this type of post try to give examples or solutions to how you would solve the type of issue you had.

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by A6R6P6 » August 10, 2013 4:56am | Report
loopyman wrote:

also the reason your threads are getting deleted is because of the rules if you actually read them

No complaining or bragging.
Any post that solely contains only complaining/BMing or bragging will be removed as it doesn't add any type of constructive discussion to r/Smite. Instead of making this type of post try to give examples or solutions to how you would solve the type of issue you had.

You didnt read my post. You already know the content without reading? Wow amazing!

A6R6P6

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » August 10, 2013 5:06am | Report
how could i its been deleted

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 10, 2013 5:12am | Report
A6R6P6 wrote:

You know that Hitler had a lot of supporters in ww2?

Well that escalated quickly :p

But yeah, to please everyone is just impossible. If they where going to do that they wouldn't have time to make new content and the game would just die.

Ofc in a perfect world everyone would get what they want and everyone would be heard, but we have to deal with what we got.

Just the fact that they take suggestions in consideration is a great thing for example the new magic item is a product of suggestions from players etc.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }