Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hel: what am i missing?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hel: what am i missing? 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 26, 2019 7:00am | Report
FootFetish wrote:

I'd also recommend you (If you're playing Hel in conquest) to only play her mid. Yes, she can somehow be solo or support, but she's a mage and has no CC, so she is more valuable as a high burst mage than as a tanky playstyle, since her best (And only) CC/utility tool is Hinder / Cleanse, which is only a slow.

I mean it's based around team comp, if your team can make up for the lack of Hard CC from her, then playing her support/solo is fine.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 26, 2019 7:02am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

1) First of all, which role did you pick? If it was mid, I'm sorry but it's extremely normal a Hel Mid feed the enemy. You must know that Hel is mid to late game god but she it EXTREMELY weak early game. All the enemy may do is apply some pressure early game on you and boom, you're dead. Believe or not, hel is a stronger Solo laner than Mid, but even in solo you must take care of yourself early game.

Hel isn't that weak early game, she just has massive mana consumption which is her biggest problem. Her 3 at level 1 can poke quite hard if the enemy tries to get close to the wave, and you can heal your own minion wave too.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 26, 2019 7:09am | Report
that are a lot of answers, thank you very much. I will carefully read more guides and keep practicing.
at the moment, i have a win/lose ratio of roughly 50% which is okay, i just keep training myself. Your Tips are very appreciated, thanks a lot :)

edit:
so, the last two games i won...
i played solo and did 6/5/4
then i played support with 5/4/7

i guess it's a matter of matching too. How strong your friends / enemies are, how well they do.

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 26, 2019 8:56am | Report
I don't know anything about the joust meta tbh apart from the team comp preferably being guardian mage hunter (so the enemy tank will need to focus on building mostly magic prot. for as far as they don;t go dedicated dedicated dual dual etc.)

shell doesn't block executes. Slightly messed that comment up. Meditation will probably also not block executes every time as you still need to get above the treshold.

So still in most scenarios they will provide the same thing, which is the increased ehp pool.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 26, 2019 8:58am | Report
Devampi wrote:

So still in most scenarios they will provide the same thing, which is the increased ehp pool.

Except shell gives temporary "health", while med gives actual health and mana, and Shell is a much better relic when upgraded.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 26, 2019 9:21am | Report
true however the time you use it (apart from med for mana) will be mid fight as an extra burst of survivability. That's why I used ehp

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 26, 2019 9:27am | Report
would the Aegis Amulet also prevent you from a killing blow from a Spell like the Thanatos-Skill?
if timed right. (that's MY biggest Problem to get the Timing. But i guess it's a learning by doing thing)

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 26, 2019 9:36am | Report
Yes. Aegis makes you immune to ANY kind of damage

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 26, 2019 9:49am | Report
CafPow wrote:

would the Aegis Amulet also prevent you from a killing blow from a Spell like the Thanatos-Skill?
if timed right. (that's MY biggest Problem to get the Timing. But i guess it's a learning by doing thing)

Yeah it can prevent Thanatos execute, but it's hard to time right, yes. You would have to see him coming and either 1. Pre use it and hope he dives while your Aegis is active (A good Thanatos player may try to bait out the Aegis though) or, 2. Time it just right when you hear him make the dive sound and quickly activate it before he reaches the ground.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 27, 2019 12:18am | Report
Same goes for the update in the detonate from Zeus. You need insane reaction timing to Aegis Amulet a lot of stuff

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }