Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Evaluation of Tank Supports

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Evaluation of Tank Supports 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 3:55am | Report
Lane Focus: Aggressive Burst.

Team Focus: Protection ( Confound), Engaging ( Preemptive Strike + Confound), Disengage ( Defender of Olympus).

Team Focus: Protection ( Belch of the Gods), Engaging ( Belly Flop and/or Intoxicate), Disengage ( Belch of the Gods).

Lane Focus: Aggressive Burst, Poke? ( Stone Shield).

Team Focus: Protection ( Stone Shield), Engaging ( Cataclysm and/or Roll Out), Disengage ( Roll Out and/or Cataclysm).

Lane Focus: Sustain ( Conviction), Aggressive Burst ( Cavalry Charge).

Team Focus: Engaging ( Cavalry Charge and/or Taolu Assault), Healing ( Conviction), Pick Off ( Taolu Assault).

Lane Focus: Self Sustain ( Sickening Strike), Aggressive Burst.

Team Focus: Pick Off ( Charge Prey), Engage ( Lurking In The Waters), Disengage ( Lurking In The Waters and/or Tail Whip), Protection ( Tail Whip).

Lane Focus: Poke ( The Magic Cudgel), aggressive burst.

Team Focus: Engage ( 72 Transformations), Protection ( Master's Will and/or 72 Transformations), Pick Off 72 Transformations).

Team Focus: Disengage (Everything), Protection (Everything).

Are these accurate? Do you disagree?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 24, 2014 3:58am | Report
Most are pretty accurate. Im missing wukong though he gets picked for support pretty often.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 4:09am | Report
Do you think Healing could count as Protection?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » January 24, 2014 4:26am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Do you think Healing could count as Protection?

I think it Sustain is a more fitting category for healing, but protection works.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 4:35am | Report
Added Wukong. Also, it kind of depresses me, seeing the constant repeats of Aggro Burst. Where is our sustain lanes? Where are our poke lanes? :(

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 24, 2014 4:40am | Report
Geb is aggressive and defensive in lane, easy tower dives, looking for picks etc.

You just leave the lane put Stone Shield on yourself, and use Roll Out either out of the jungle into the lane or even through the enemy tower.

After do that once or twice just the fact that you move into the jungle makes the enemy team forced to retreat, such a great way to zone and give your carry some good farm :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 4:46am | Report
So he's aggro burst. Can he also be considered a poke lane, thanks to his shield creating an opportunity for his hunter to act aggressive before retreating? (Shields Neith, who walks forward safely and backflips.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 24, 2014 5:13am | Report
I think a lot that CAN be aggressive burst are misinterpreted as such.

For example, Sobek is known for his fling initiate, but he's also known as one of the most defensive supports. His tail whip is excessively easy to land, yet the disruption cancels many things that the enemy can do to an ADC. As such, you usually fling, but do NOT immdiately follow it up with a tail whip. You wait for, say, an Arachne Drain Life and use tail whip to knock her off. He has an initiate, but he is a defensive support.

I have to go to class like, NOW, but I'll mention the rest when I get back
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 24, 2014 5:30am | Report
Well, Aggro Burst is a bit of a misnomer. When I mean aggro burst, I mean a god who spends absolutely everything at once to kill an enemy. Maybe I should call it a kill lane.

Comepare that to a poke support, like...okay, not much here, but Nami and Zyra from League are poke supports, and Sona is a hybrid sustain/poke.

Ra would be a pure sustain support, while Hel would be a sustain/kill support. Um, I'm not entire sure about this, but I think Chang'e would be a poke/sustain support, or at least her post-first-nerf-but-otherwise-after-release form was.

I consider Sobek a kill lane because in lane, in a 2v2 duo v duo fight, he just goes all out. His Tail Whip's defensive use is an extension of this, as a measure to prevent the enemy tank from peeling as his own hunter dismembers the other.

As you pointed out, it is good for dealing with offensive threats, but this is strictly between duo lanes.

Oh, and here's a hypothetical one:
Lane Focus: Sustain ( Solar Blessing)

Team Focus: Healing ( Solar Blessing), Protection ( Divine Light), Damage.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 24, 2014 5:41am | Report
Ymir is also an initiator. Don't know how you missed that one out. Frost Breath on multiple people can easily result in a wipe.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }