Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Do you remember your first match?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Do you remember your first match? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » April 12, 2021 2:17am | Report
Hey everyone! :)

I was randomly browsing my Steam library and thinking about old games I've used to play back in the day. I was a big fan of Warcraft III's DotA and signed up for both DotA 2 beta and SMITE beta when it was first announced.

Funnily enough, I've received the SMITE invite first and I gave it a try since it was inspired by DotA. The fact that its playable 'heroes' were actually Gods inspired from various pantheons seemed very cool and worth a try.

My first match was on the same God I've played when I started playing SMITE again last year. You've probably guessed right, it was Ymir. The game felt different in a good way, and I was lucky I had prior experience with DotA and it was pretty easy to adapt.

I remember I also played Hades at some point because of obvious reasons, and his play style was much different from what I initially imagined. I think I played for a few weeks and I tried inviting some friends to join me, since I received around 3 beta invites if I recall, but without success.

A few weeks later I've received an invite for DotA 2 beta and since then I've never touched SMITE until last year, just a short break. :P

Do you remember your first match and experience?

P.S. The first trailers got fewer views in all these years than the new Gods reveals get in a day.
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 12, 2021 8:20am | Report
I 100% don't remember my first SMITE match outside of tutorials and co-op early stuff. Waaaay too far back for me!!!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » April 12, 2021 8:57am | Report
I'm with Bran on this one. What I do remember was that I quickly unlocked Artemis due to the low favor cost and the fact that I really liked her character design. After playing her I was instantly hooked and she's been my main ever since.

That was... sometime in the first half of Season 3 I think, is when I started playing the game. Though if I had to guess I'd say my very first game would've been Neith, simply due to the fact that that was the godess they introduce(d) you to the game with through the tutorials and so had a faint idea of how to play the character.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 12, 2021 9:36am | Report
Wow. I started playing Arena back on Season 3, but I don't remember my first game. I do know that Ares was my first diamond, followed by Ymir. Man how times have changed.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by copyrightnenov » April 12, 2021 12:50pm | Report
Yeah, my first game ever was kuku on arena. I played only kuku out of fear for feeding and getting reported. This was like summer 2014 i spammed kuku nonstop for days, eventually i got bored and quit the game all together partly bc i was playing league at the time. Came back years later

copyrightnenov

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » April 12, 2021 4:55pm | Report
Pretty sure mine was Ares sometime in season 5, and I was absolutely terrible...He is one of my top gods now, though..

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }