Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Do u think that a majority of the gods in smite are too easy to play!?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Do u think that a majority of the gods in smite are too easy to play!? 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zoltan205 » February 9, 2016 8:33pm | Report
This is a topic I wanted to talk about for a while, dont get me wrong I love smite and also play league of legends. Ive been playing smite since beta on pc and currently play on xbox. But do u guys think the gods in smite are too easy to play or just have a small skill cap?!

For instance, Anubis, Fenrir, Loki, Ah Puch, Ra do a tremendous amount of dmg and scale very well throughout the game but do you think they are 2 easy to play??

In my opinion, even though a third person view can be a restriction on developing unique mechanics, do you think theyre should be very high skill capped gods to make a variety in the game... as in league of legends, lee sin, anivia and elise are made for those matters.

Tell me what u think, I would be glad to discuss this with you.

And dont hate on me for saying all this, this is just a thought.
Zoltan205 (XB1) - Zoltan2205 (PC)

Zoltan205

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 9, 2016 10:03pm | Report
Not at all; there're really hard gods to play/learn such as Awilix, Osiris, Ravana, Ah Muzen Cab, Ullr, Guan Yu, Nu Wa, Ah Puch, etc.

Let's 1st establish the points you've made

Anubis - Has no escape/can easily be shut down. Although, I do admit he should be given more base health/defense & less damage scaling.

Fenrir - He's pretty easy to play although you'll still need to check bead cooldowns, when to lock on, successful ganks, etc.

Loki - He's just some annoying god that usually demolishes the lower levels. I've easily countered Loki plenty of times. Trust me; Loki's overrated

Ah Puch - One of the hardest gods to play & one of the most annoying gods to play against. Ah Puch isn't that easy to play since his abilities are weird/hard to aim if they're right in front if ya. Ah Puch is easily countered by aa assassins that build Frostbound Hammer. He'll most likely be the prime target during rotations & team fights.

Ra - Playing Ra on a competitive level is actually somewhat difficult since you'll have to go in & blind them & actually hit your 1+ult. In Ranked, he's extremely hard to use because his abilities are so easy to dodge. Ra usually secure kills when peeps are backing, when you kill someone with your ult/1 while hiding behind some terrain/walls, when you execute your blind & hit your 1+ult, etc.

Z's Daily Message - Not the Bees

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » February 10, 2016 1:44am | Report
Some good points made by Zelvios, but thought I'd clarify something. Smite, like many games has characters with high and low skill floors and ceilings.

To clarify what that is: a character's skill floor is the amount of skill necessary to play a character decently (ie: well enough to play successfully in mid-range play) while a character's skill ceiling is the amount of skill needed to play a character to their maximum potential.

This can be somewhat deceiving as on first glance, many players confuse what appears to be a low skill ceiling for what is actually a character's skill floor. Lets take Fenrir for example since Zelvios mentioned him. Fenrir is a god with a very low skill floor, he has a good initiate, great jungle clear, an easy lock-on damage ability with Brutalize and a fantastic, easy to use ultimate. This makes him very easy to play at a low level. However, once you start becoming more skilled with Fenrir it's easy to find that he actually has quite a high skill ceiling. You have to manage your passive runes, decide which ability you want for it (usually your stun), learn to level up which abilities when (usually leveling up your Brutalize and leap before your ultimate which isn't what you do for most gods), timing your ultimate with other god's CC immunity through abilities and purification, and builds since you can play bruiser, power or even tank Fenrir and do well.

Meanwhile, some gods are the complete opposite, having higher skill floors but relatively low skill ceilings. Let's take Scylla for example. Scylla is often difficult to play for beginners due to her reliance on skillshots with her Sic 'Em and ultimate, her passive giving all her abilities an extra feature, her weak early game and her squishy nature. However, at a high skill level, she's really not all that complicated. You almost always build straight power unless in extreme circumstances, her level order is relatively obvious, and you have a CC immune ultimate and free escape if you're in a sticky situation. Of course there are a few neat tricks you can do with Scylla here and there, but compared to other gods her skill ceiling is relatively low.

Of course there are gods that have both low skill floors and ceilings (eg: Poseidon) and high skill floors and ceilings (eg: Ullr), but most are a mix of the two. As someone who's mastered all the gods, I can assure you that most of their skill ceilings are much higher than their skill floors, so don't worry too much about all the characters being too easy ;)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zoltan205 » February 10, 2016 7:23am | Report
But do u guys think their should be a higher skill capped gods, cuz the only high difficulty gods are awilix, ah puch and Sylvanus.

Thx for ur opinions, its of great help, but with the higher skill capped gods, do u think that would create more variety in the game?

Zoltan205

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 10, 2016 1:56pm | Report
I'm going to agree with zilby and zelv.

I don't know how manny people you playyed but most gods aren't really easy to play. in your last comment you mentioned Sylvanus which is a lot easier to play (as comboíng his abilities is really easy).

Also you say they do good amount of damage etc. in your first comment. You know that any god in that class/archetype does that.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zoltan205 » February 10, 2016 4:03pm | Report
I totally understand ur statement, if they are not easy to play, I just find that the majority of gods are not all low skill capped, but are easy to get into just takes some time to master... do u think their should be gods in the future that are higher skill cap and take much more time to get into and play.

This is just me though, I love playing the highest difficulty on any game and love to challenge myself, for instance playing lee sin and elise on league of legends were my "challenging and high skill capped champs to get good at" but would love to see what hi rez can create if they wanted to exceed and make higher skill capped gods.

Zoltan205

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 11, 2016 11:22am | Report
Nothing wrong with gettin easy into a god, that is actually a good thing. More Skillshots doesn´t make that much of a difference for good players anyways, they have the mechanics for it. Obviously skill shots still should be the majority in a game like Smite, Adc for example won´t need just skillshots since their autos are already harder to hit than in other Mobas.

Zhong Kui is the best example for no skill required to play, but much of mechanics required to play him on a high level.

Ao is btw. imo far to easy to play, you can outmechanic and be far better than him, and he still gonna oneshot you, but he is just op as Guan used to be, and it will change hopefully.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 12, 2016 12:40pm | Report
Setolino wrote:

no skill required to play

Just see what I posted to duck last time.

Skill cap isn't the best word that's why skill ceiling and skill floor is used.

Also Characters like Lee Sin and Elise are pretty overloaded. Makes them strong and also harder to play

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BlackDragon1032 » March 10, 2016 6:40am | Report
I mostly choose gods that I like to play with or gods who are just interesting for me.
The difficulty is there are so many gods and they are so balanced out among each other it's hard to be good with one type of god because there is another one that can kill you instantly.

I'm pretty good with Ymir but I can be killed fast by another skilled player(s).
Semper Fidelis

BlackDragon1032

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Novaultima » March 30, 2016 5:01am | Report
I don´t think every god or majority is easy to play. But there are many gods who are unbalanced or OP.

How easy or hard they are doesn´t matter at all, everyone get´s better with his god sooner or later. But many gods are just too strong on diverse aspects.

The game is not balanced well, but this factor makes some games, including Smite even more fun to play imo.

A too balanced game tends to get boring usually.

Novaultima

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }