Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Do u think that a majority of the gods in smite are too easy to play!?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Do u think that a majority of the gods in smite are too easy to play!? 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » March 30, 2016 5:04am | Report
just noticed this thread lol.

Smite is a fairly balanced game, meaning there is counterplay to a lot of certain strategies, but there is depth to (almost) any god, meaning: achieving perfect timing will require a lot of time on most gods,

So there are not much gods that are hard to grasp in the low level, but mastering the god is hard as hell lol
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » March 30, 2016 5:10am | Report
Devampi wrote:

Just see what I posted to duck last time.

Skill cap isn't the best word that's why skill ceiling and skill floor is used.

Also Characters like Lee Sin and Elise are pretty overloaded. Makes them strong and also harder to play

in which i replied, it doesn't require skill, it requires knowledge, two different terms.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Novaultima » March 30, 2016 5:11am | Report
I can tell you enough better balanced games which are focused on PvP or include PvP. But about the rest I can agree on ;p

Novaultima

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » March 30, 2016 5:15am | Report
Novaultima wrote:

I can tell you enough better balanced games which are focused on PvP or include PvP. But about the rest I can agree on ;p

sigh, most things have counterplay, the fact that you can't see it doesn't mean the game isn't balanced.

Smite is a bit more balanced then LoL right now IMO, but dota out balances both.

just keep advancing and watch some videos, I stand by my point.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » March 30, 2016 8:50am | Report
DucksRock wrote:

Smite is a bit more balanced then LoL right now IMO, but dota out balances both.

Idk what's been going on since my hiatus, but last time I checked claiming smite is more balanced than LoL in these forums would have incited riots. (Not that I disagree, I don't even play LoL)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » March 30, 2016 9:23am | Report
Zilby wrote:

Idk what's been going on since my hiatus, but last time I checked claiming smite is more balanced than LoL in these forums would have incited riots. (Not that I disagree, I don't even play LoL)

Because now LoL is actually way more unbalanced and just less fair for the most part, even their champion designes are unique but they are trying way too hard.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 31, 2016 12:33am | Report
all new champions are getting overloaded in LoL to make them unique

Also Ducks my reply on your reply (which I think you already heard once)

skill is made out of 2 parts:
-mechanical skill: differs per god and is the ability you can practise on. (things like fast button pressing for combos. even last hitting)

-knowledge: global only you won't use you whole knowledge every game (as well you don't need to know the combo of an Odin while there is none in the game). And several gods require less knowledge to play them on a basic lvl.

the difference is that in early stages mechnical skill is more important but if those would be around the same or a bit lower, then knowledge would come into play a lot. When you would have more knowledge then your opponent you can easily win a bad matchups.

Anyway you will also use some "skill" every game. (I don't want to need to post a full blog about this word here. or even a vid)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }