Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dat He Bo Remodel

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Dat He Bo Remodel 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 13, 2013 2:29am | Report
He Bo, is looking more Chinese now. It's either to just make him fit his pantheon, which I think is great or we are looking at the influence from Tencent and how every god is going to look like in the future, don't think it is but who knows :P

When it comes to the notes:

Only 3 wards are allowed at any given time per player. The oldest ward is destroyed when placing the 4th ward.

WTF HiRez?!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 13, 2013 2:39am | Report
Why was He Bos old skin better?
He was a old man in robes with some water covering his legs, THATS IT.

His new appearance is much more lore friendly. They ditched the old and wise man look and went with a old-but-can-still-kick-your-***-look (like Zeus) with I prefer. His arms look like that because he is sometimes represented as a dragon so they sneaked that in and it looks pretty sick. The scroll is sweet and the way it integrates in to his three is nice.

And for those that think he looks less wise because he looks younger, I fought it was common knowledge that wisdom has very little too do with age?

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 13, 2013 6:14am | Report
Hey, they took my advice on the Merc 2. Cool.
I like the He Bo changes overall, but I don't care for what they did with his hands. I preferred the robed look on the old ones, the spikes just seem weird, even if it fits his 'representation' its completely out of place with everything else. Also I hope he gets a slight voice change. Something like Father Mulan would be awesome.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 13, 2013 8:25am | Report
THEY DIDNT CHANGE HIS FREAKING VOICE?! IT DOESN'T EVEN MATCH NOW!!!
But I like how his scroll ties in with his 2
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 13, 2013 10:38am | Report
Can't say the new he Bo looks bad , on the contrary , but I like the old one more .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » November 13, 2013 11:17am | Report
glad that they nerfed AMC. He'll probably get another set of minor nerfs with the next patch. The rest looks like general fixing for Gods not caring about walls

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 13, 2013 1:11pm | Report
I already miss the old He Bo! Anyway, the Re Bo looks sweet. Good that they didn't change his voice.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 13, 2013 1:32pm | Report
I like how when you use his river it places a scroll down.
I think its cool because it makes it look like he did some naruto **** or some magical ****.
Like he places a scroll down that makes a river come out.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devinatiol » November 18, 2013 7:25pm | Report
I like the new He bo, sleek design and more geared towards where HiRez is taking their art style, however I like the uniqueness of the old He bo, a character who didn't have to look like some badass, why must every character look so intense, I feel the simplicity and vulnerability of the old design spoke a lot about the character without needing a story.

P.S. I am glad to know why his arms look the way they do, it helps me understand them a little but I still am not a fan of them, they are too large and the spikes look like thorns and are really out of place in the rest of his them, I wish they made his hands smaller with narrower claw like fingers with no actual claws, while the arms smoothly transitioned into the water with some smaller water textured ripples and spikes coming out as part of the idol animation or just make the ripples have an animated water texture over them and blend into the hands more.

Devinatiol

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BlueZam » November 18, 2013 7:37pm | Report
I like the new He Bo... But I just don't like that his 2 is a scroll. >:I
Pimp slap that hoe

BlueZam

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }