Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Countering Ares Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Countering Ares Help 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 31, 2013 4:03am | Report

am I crazy or is every1 forgetting that Ares' cripple is a hard counter to Fenrir? You are simply not supposed to engage and just run as soon as you spot him. Also, buy aegis and beads to counter both his ult and his chains. Ares is very hard to kill so only try to kill him last or if you outnumber him (2v4 or so)
Yes this ^^^^^

Ares is one of the few gods I don't fight when I see him.

I either think of a few things when I see ares and I am alone.

A: he is tanky and will probably not even die so there is no point of me wasting over 20 seconds trying to kill him by then his team will come to help him

B: He has chains which will ruin your day if they hit you and you won't be able to use any ability

C: He takes forever to die

D: You might be able to kill him but again he will take along time to die.

F: He takes along time to die

When I see him I usually just look at him and pass him. I don't even care about him, I just act like his not even in the game because I don't even fight him. It takes long to fight him and its annoying to fight him.

I'd rather just go after someone who is squishy and will die.

The probably is only ares chains really but being hes a tank it makes it annoying.
If he misses his chains then you can probably kill him although it will take a while since he will buff himself.

If he hits you with the chains then hes going to do alot of damage and the problem is you will take more damage then you are dishing out. You may have more damage but he can damage you and tank your damage and btw you won't be attacking him when he has crippled your sorry ***.

So basically if think you can just take him out go for it, but most of the time I see him as a distraction wanting me to fight him so I don't kill the easier targets on his team.

Just run past him and ignore him.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » July 31, 2013 10:47am | Report
I played against an Ares and Neith with Fenrir(me) and He Bo(my friend). I know this is a bad lane combo, but we both just want to play those gods. Anyways, every time I got close to Neith she would backflip, then leave me to deal with Ares, or she would stun, and let Ares unload three shackles on me. My friend is new to He Bo, so whenever I retreated or died, they would focus him and kill him every time. By the time I could react and get void blade, they were already too fed and the game was over. They were premade and had a very good strategy and combo.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 31, 2013 10:57am | Report
here let me put it to you simple.

There is no guide for getting out played. If you get out played you get out played.

You said it yourself your friend sucks.

You got out played there is no counter to getting out played.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by rwac » July 31, 2013 3:20pm | Report
magi's blessing. nuffsaid.

rwac

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 31, 2013 5:02pm | Report
Beads or Aegis to counter the ulty and stay safe. If you get cought out of position and Ares hits you with a chain or three you are pretty much ****ed :p

Remember abilities like Anhur/Fenrir ulty etc. Which gives cc immunity ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » July 31, 2013 9:13pm | Report
Maybe use beads before the jump? I don't know. I play ares a lot but never fought fenrir lol
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » August 1, 2013 5:59pm | Report
On average, Fenrir is mismatched against Ares. Most melee fighters are. If your stuck in a lane with him, bob and weave around his chains and focus more on killing the lane mobs. The best strategy is to have a ranged god poke him for a good bit till he's low enough for you to jump in for the kill.

Yet be careful, seeing that Ares on average should never be solo in a lane. Not to say that it can't be done; I unfortunately have done it on many occasions while our jungler jungled.

Just don't be expecting to bang with him cause he can take what your dealing and dish it out a lot harder; especially if he's stacking auras. Beads and Aegis are your friends against Ares' Ult. One if not both should be bought if facing an Ares; unless your Chang'e.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » August 9, 2013 11:48am | Report
I agree. His shackles are the fifth most damaging ability n the game with the chains landed at the right time. And the cripple on such a damaging move when combined with his 3 just means that if he gets you, you're screwed. He's just too flipping tanky for that much dmg.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rynoth » August 23, 2013 11:04am | Report
Ares IS his chains, and nothing shuts down Fenrir quicker than cripple. Bait the chains and/or wait for them to go on cooldown, then have at him. If you get chained, you're already fighting a losing battle.

Rynoth

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }