Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chaac is Broken

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Chaac is Broken 27 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 26, 2013 12:15pm | Report
Actually, I'm going to have to agree with All4 here. If we accept Ghraf's definition of broken, then I will say he's overpowered, rather than broken.

None of his game mechanics 'break' the game, they just give him a complete unfair advantage. We already have teleports, and Chaac's is way weaker than combat blink. There are also more gods who can easily heal themselves to full, such as Ra. Protection-gaining is also not unheard of, like with Zhong Kui. And invincibility is annoying but it's still here, in the form of Aegis Pendant.

The problem is that he has all of them in one kit in one god. Massively overpowered, yes, broken, no.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shyzer » December 26, 2013 12:19pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

Example vulcan.

Well, Vulcan wasn't broken. His kit just wasn't proactive enough and didn't fit the "tank" role. So they gave him a stronger cc. And then they decided to make him a Mage because he started to look like a bastardized version of a mage-tank hybrid.

Same for kali. She wasn't broken, just power creeped. Actually, her kit was a bit underpowered in comparison to other assassins' and so they have her a gap closer and a strong cc. So in Kali's case, she had her kit reworked (broken? Not broken.) and buffed (OP? Not OP).

Just an FYI, don't push your definitions too far and don't call people out on their vocabulary just because it doesn't match up with yours. And instead of using OP, the term "imbalanced" is more inclusive because a fix to term "OP" is a "tweaking of values", but that same tweaking can go for underpowered gods as well.

Shyzer

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shyzer » December 26, 2013 12:29pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

The problem is that he has all of them in one kit in one god. Massively overpowered, yes, broken, no.

If we do go by All4's definition of 'OP' and change the values of Chaac's kit, then he'll just be a Jack of all trades, and master of none. I predict that the additional effects that his skills give him will be so ineffective that it won't make a great difference. This is why Guan is a good god, he has a gap closer, protections buff, a heal for himself and his allies, and a time lengthy cc-immune ult with a stun.

I feel that Chaac would do well as a tank (which this game kinda needs) or as a support Mage. He currently has a great sustain and an ult similar to Bacchus; the idea of Chaac being a Mage shouldn't be too far fetched because his abilities are not exactly "physical", except for his basic attacks and 2. His passive would also work well with both role propositions.

Shyzer

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 26, 2013 7:18pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Actually, I'm going to have to agree with All4 here. If we accept Ghraf's definition of broken, then I will say he's overpowered, rather than broken.

None of his game mechanics 'break' the game, they just give him a complete unfair advantage. We already have teleports, and Chaac's is way weaker than combat blink. There are also more gods who can easily heal themselves to full, such as Ra. Protection-gaining is also not unheard of, like with Zhong Kui. And invincibility is annoying but it's still here, in the form of Aegis Pendant.

His 1 breaks the mechanics, you don't have to be in the ring or target area to be hit by it. It's the only skillshot AOE in the game that works that way, and I would say that's broken, because the mechanic is supposed to be if you're not in the AOE, you don't get hit. But, even if you leave the AOE, you still get hit by it.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 26, 2013 11:17pm | Report
@gharf
It's still not broken though because that is how the skill was programmed. Axe lands,no damage. Aoe circle appears and lightning strikes those who were in the circle when it lands.

It's poor design choice but it works like how it should.

@shyzar
Welcome to smitefire. :D

May the discussions commence.

About vulcan.
I should have clarified him better. I used him for an example of the part where i said that some kit's just don't fit in the game because the game mechanics which "breaks" that god in a different way. In these cases a rework is needed to adjust that god to the game.

Vulcan became a mage ment that he didn't get the health and protections from leveling anymore like real tanks get, instead he got better scalings on his new skills. Everyone build him mage anyway so it didn't really mather that much.

Kali had no form of cc and no escape and didn't get any late game assassination tools. Power creep did have a hand in it but it was more that kali was badly design for an assassin which is understandeble since she was an early goddess and hirez didn't have that much experience in designing gods.

As for my differnce between OP and broken.
I still stand by it. Broken breaks game or gods. OP is to powerfull compared to it's possible variations or other choice's.
In smite most cases of broken are gods that just don't fuction well in smite, wrather that makes them strong or weak doesn't mather.

Broken means doesn't fuction. That can go a few ways. One of them is that something breaks the game by stopping the game from fuctioning as it should, like the old jump exploit. It could stop you from getting flipped by herc and a number of other things eventhough it was purely cosmetic so it stopped the game from fuctioning as it should.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » December 27, 2013 2:59am | Report
At this point, broken and overpowered are kind of one in the same in the case of Chaac. He is so powerful that the game could end up being overcentralized around him.

Two teams fight, and the one that has a remotely decent Chaac on it wins.
Two teams with Chaac fight, and the one with the better Chaac wins.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Brainbugz » December 27, 2013 4:32am | Report
Was currently playing as Vamana against Chaac solo lane...His zoning potential and sustain is just insane. I ended up staying in tower range but with his huge aoe he hits me even there and still has more mana than me.
Without my ult a 1vs1 was just senseless...His heal/invincibility/silence/slow is just too hard.
Even after getting support from Jungle Thanatos it was quite hard to pressure him back.

My suggestions:

- Decrease the heal to a level compared to Guan Yu
- Just erase this GodMode from his ult
- Decrease the AOE Radius of all his abilities but especially his 1
- Rethink his passive...just too stronk in Solo lane

Brainbugz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 27, 2013 6:00am | Report
I disagree with making it guan level heal, just take it's %scaling off and maybe give his level scaling a nerf.
Making his 1 smaller would whipe any chance's he has at wave clear. Instead take of some rangs.
Take the invincability off of his ult and it would be fine.

Passive is fine. Most players already know how to manage their mana and blue buff remove's any early problem's
For all gods.

Chaac is very easely fixable with some nerf's.

@sunfall

Yes if the game starts to be made aroind chaac something is very wrong and hirez needs to insta nerf his OP ***, holiday break or not. I do not know if this has already happend since i have been off for a week though.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by James1613 » December 27, 2013 7:15am | Report
Its not a hard fix. His 1 just needs to have a aoe nerf, along with the healing nerf.

James1613

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shyzer » December 27, 2013 11:57am | Report
Hmmm. I was thinking that Chaac's 1 could just be a linear projectile that stops at target location. It passes through all enemies and damages them. His wave clear is still present, it just reduces the range on his ability as a whole.

Shyzer

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }