Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chaac is Broken

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Chaac is Broken 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 25, 2013 10:05pm | Report
Yes, he is.

1. His ultimate.

What is broken: Invincibility period. He essentially has Aegis Pendant for free. And if you use the Aegis glitch, he has three 2-second period of complete invincibility. I suggest simply removing this invincibility period. He's already a ridiculous assassin, this will force him to play more like a bruiser.

What isn't broken: The silence and damage. The first is counterable and the second is also counterable.

But his ultimate shows an unacceptable lack of counterplay potential. No one can counter a free Aegis.

2. His Axe.

What is broken: The range.

A lot of people would say "oh, it's a placebo, the range is fine, it's just lag." I will vouch my reputation to say that I have been hit outside of it's range. I may have a ****ty connection, but I swear it's range is way bigger than it has to be. Even if it is a glitch, it wouldn't cost HiRez anything to simply change it to an instant-damage nuke instead of the weird delayed damage it has now.

What isn't broken: Damage. It's fine.

3. His Rain Dance.

What is broken: The healing and attack speed debuff.

That healing is just ridiculous. It's as strong as Ra's Solar Blessing (actually a tiny bit stronger, since Chaac can have it in two places at once, unconfirmed if he can double-heal) but lacks all the counterplay options. The fact that it's fixed to Chaac's location negates any attempts to knock him out of it, and that is a huge factor. Ra might have to run against certain threats, while Chaac can stay confident that he will keep healing no matter where he goes. I suggest lowering the amount healed.

The attack speed debuff is ridiculous because his ultimate already makes him a huge counter to mages/tanks/Neith, and he doesn't need another bloated skill that covers his only weakness. I suggest removing it.

What isn't broken: The slow.

4. His Torrent.

What is broken: The stupid amount of protections he can gain from it. I saw a Chaac dive into my team, instantly gain 80 protections, and murder the living **** out of everyone. Mixed metaphors there. I suggest simply putting a cap at three gods.

What isn't broken: The high damage. It's fairly telegraphed, if annoying.

That's why I think Chaac is broken.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 25, 2013 10:56pm | Report
Subzero i expected better from you. Yes he is brutally OP but broken?NO!

Broken is when a god is beyond repair. Seeing as he was the latest release that isn't really possible yet.

His axe was just poor design choice on hirez his part. It is not you why you get hit outside the aoe, it is how the skill is supposed to work. If you pay close attention you will see the axe sending out lightning bolts who come after a short delay when the axe lands. Those can hit you out side the aoe and hit anything that was inside the aoe when the the axe landed.

The out line of the aoe also apear after the same delay of the lighting so you may be out side the aoe when the circle appears but you where in side it so the lightning strike's you.

In short the skill works like it's supposed to and it is supposed to looks buggy though it was not hirez's intention
Though it can use a range nerf

The ult aegis just needs to be removed. You're cc immume that's enough

His rain heal needs to be nerfed yes and his protections need to not get up to 100.

But that's it. Not broken and easy fix's can do it.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 25, 2013 11:54pm | Report
I know about the way his Axe throw works. And I stand by my claim.

Also, what's the difference between "Brutally OP" and broken?

But I'm glad you agree with my other points.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 26, 2013 12:13am | Report
Let me put it into contrast. Release guan was on the highest level of OP and not broken because they could just fix him with nerfs.
Broken is when a god has been buffed/nerfed so much that a kit rework is needed. Alternativy you could refert the buffs/nerfs back to the god's reveal and start again ala back to the drawing board, but this may not work if the kit was not fixable from start with out swiching skills because he doesn't fit in the game.

Example vulcan.

Chaac is OP and needs nerfs but he ain't broken.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 26, 2013 12:23am | Report
Okay. You have a point.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 26, 2013 2:07am | Report
Hmm, I just played a couple games with Chaac (ya me!) and I found him a little underwhelming. I know I was obviously playing him wrong or off a little, but the axe is balanced by it's speed, so its easy to dodge. The rain I didn't find to be that effectI've. And his ultimate, well I didn't realize it was an aegis, I just thought it was a free Purification Beads. So I may have an off opinion, but I didn't find him too bad.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 26, 2013 8:31am | Report
To recap: Literally everything I mentioned in my "review" thread. I've already said all this and it's already been discussed, but I agree with you, obviously.

And "broken" can mean that something just so outclasses everything else that it has no discernible or real weakness besides dumping all the **** you have on him and hoping he goes down (Obviously Chaac, pre-nerf Chang'e, Bacchus at full drunk-o-meter, etc). OP things have weaknesses because "overpowered" means they're very strongly specialized to one area, to the point that they make others in the same class irrelevant (see: Mercury, Fenrir, Bakasura).

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 26, 2013 8:34am | Report
Almost but not quiet everything since we establised the difference between OP and broken here to. :)P

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 26, 2013 8:36am | Report
All4Games wrote:

Almost but not quiet everything since we establised the difference between OP and broken here to. :)P

Broken/OP is not specific to Smite. So, no, the little community pow-wow on "what is Broken and OP" doesn't make it fact, and no, it wasn't correct. For instance, when I played Rift, Mages using elemental/necro burst specs were considered "broken", because their burst damage was so insanely high in PvP that you could 100-0 someone in a matter of seconds, even a tank. They were invulnerable in 1v1s because of the fact that they instant cast every spell and had a defensive shield on top of that, plus CC and slow. They did not need an entire kit rework, only a nerf to the damage on a very specific pet spell, and they would have been fine, but their all-encompassing ability to outclass every other damage build and also absorb insane amounts of damage made them broken.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=broken

1. (General) Something/Someone that is so good in a particular context that it eclipses saecond place.

2. (Games) A game object or facility that is too good to exist. It is so powerful that it is unbalancing and hence breaks the game. Every winning player has to use this to be competitive.

Entymology: The power cards from Magic The Gathering (Black Lotus, Time Walk, Ancestral Recall, all Moxen, etc) were so powerful and unbalancing that they were eventually banned from tournament play because they BROKE the game.
Bobby Fisher is a completely broken chess player.

"Overpowered" means the same thing, to an extent, however, it does not defy/break the mechanics of the game.

Simply put: Broken defies the mechanics of the game and makes established rules be thrown out the window (i.e. Chaac just walks into the lane and heals himself to almost full, can teleport, gains so much protections he's basically a tank, doesn't even have to land his 1 to hurt people, is invincible [a broken mechanic in itself] during his ult, etc).

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 26, 2013 9:20am | Report
I think broken are someone that need a lot of thought to be changed mostly to be either buffed or nerfed (old hel, chang'e, old heimdinger, old sivir) while OP are someone that need a bit tweak here and there (release guan yu, release fenrir, release ne zha, pre-nerf ahri, pre-nerf fizz, pre-nerf zed)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }