Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can We Just Remove Teleport to Towers?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Can We Just Remove Teleport to Towers? 32 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 11, 2013 9:46pm | Report
I've been playing solo for a while now, and I hate this item.

This item just ruins solo. It just becomes a recall war. Two smart players can just farm all of early game, and there's almost no point in playing aggressively. It is boring, and removes a lot of skill. You can literally return within 5 seconds, without losing a single drop of farm.

Seriously, if you don't have Teleport to Towers/ Shielded Teleport, you are going to lose the solo lane, period. I thought active items weren't supposed to be 100% necessary.

Won't the game be improved if these items didn't exist?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 11, 2013 9:51pm | Report
I think the only thing that would balance teleport is if they added a really long cooldown to it. Let's say... 3 minutes. That means that if they choose to teleport, this is the enemies chance to be aggressive and harass them down, as they can't immediately come back. Alternatively, make it an active and only an active (not consumable), so you'll have to give up one of your coveted active slots for it.

However, I think solo laning was in a healthier state when teleports weren't implemented yet.

EDIT: Oh, and your proposition works well as well.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 11, 2013 10:06pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

I think the only thing that would balance teleport is if they added a really long cooldown to it. Let's say... 3 minutes. That means that if they choose to teleport, this is the enemies chance to be aggressive and harass them down, as they can't immediately come back. Alternatively, make it an active and only an active (not consumable), so you'll have to give up one of your coveted active slots for it.

However, I think solo laning was in a healthier state when teleports weren't implemented yet.

EDIT: Oh, and your proposition works well as well.

I think I like your idea of a longer cooldown better. I mean, the concept isn't bad, but the fact that you can teleport every 60 seconds is ridiculous. In League, it's five minutes, but they have only one 'rank' of summoner spell anyway. (Maybe 300 seconds/240 seconds/180?)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 12, 2013 12:06am | Report
IMO just return to when it was just for recalling, and a tier 3 that can tp to wards and towers with like a 4 min cd or something.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bierathlet » December 12, 2013 12:35am | Report
Removing it would be ******** since this game is filled with a ton of highly mobile and fast waveclearing splitpushers and sometimes you can't rotate fast enough due to having skirmishes on other places on the map. A fast teleport to that turret that is going to be melted down by that Apollo is the only way to deal with it.

An increased cooldown however would indeed by more beneficial since then it get's a more tactical decision rather than having global pressure available all the time. This also allows counterplay for the enemy team to make aggressive plays while teleports are down.

Bierathlet

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 12, 2013 12:48am | Report
Yeah, the solution is pretty obvious here; increase its CD and everyone's happy. It fits in the game as far as actives go and adds a good amount of tactical decision making, so I'm not a fan of taking it out. 60s CD is silly though, and it's bad how long it's been at 60s. It shouldn't be 4 minutes or anything like that because nothing in this game is like that, but 120 should be enough to make the solo lane laning phase actually matter, as well as giving a bigger reward to baiting out the teleport.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 12, 2013 1:52am | Report
TBH, you can buy them too, so I don't see anything wrong with it. You don't have to have it if you're already outlaning the other guy. Push him into his tower so he loses his gold/exp bonus. Keep him pressed back and getting back into his lane faster isn't going to do **** for him. And if he dies, he still has to wait on the respawn counter anyways.

Personally, I use Shielded Teleport a LOT to carry bad solo queue matches, so I'd rather it not be changed. There's so much you can do with Eye of Providence and Shielded Teleport against bads.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 12, 2013 7:30am | Report
I miss spoke, make it 3 min cd not 4. Combat Blink
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 12, 2013 7:39am | Report
In League it's 5 minutes and even there it's a really good choice. I would crank it up to at least 4 minutes here.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 12, 2013 7:39am | Report
Phil725 wrote:

Yeah, the solution is pretty obvious here; increase its CD and everyone's happy. It fits in the game as far as actives go and adds a good amount of tactical decision making, so I'm not a fan of taking it out. 60s CD is silly though, and it's bad how long it's been at 60s. It shouldn't be 4 minutes or anything like that because nothing in this game is like that, but 120 should be enough to make the solo lane laning phase actually matter, as well as giving a bigger reward to baiting out the teleport.

Combat Blink?

And it's still too easy to stall for 2 minutes. Maybe 5/4/3 minutes, or 3.5/3/2.5.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }