Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best matchups.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best matchups. 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Anarchy5partan » March 14, 2016 7:38am | Report
If you had taken any hints from the title. I was wondering what combinations of god seem to work well for you. Whether it be an entire team in arena, or just the support and carry, what's your favorite. One that get's me is Nemesis plus Hades or Ares. Or Ares plus Zeus so long as the other team doesn't have beads. What is your favorite to use, or the one you hate playing against most?
~ Fabulous

Anarchy5partan

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 14, 2016 10:27am | Report
You're talking about 'Team Composition' rather than matchups. Matchups is how different gods fare directly against each other, for example the Artemis-Bellona matchup falls in Bell's favour as she can easily shut Arty down.

Anyways, one team comp I hate going against in joust is Athena, Odin, Zeus. It's just pure cheese and if you don't have a leap to escape ring of spears then you're guaranteed a pretty horrible game

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 15, 2016 11:17am | Report
Cake a team comp is full team.

for duo lane it can be called matchups (if the right gods are used) this mostly refers to main points of several gods like an aggressive duo lane or defensive duo lane

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 15, 2016 11:20am | Report
Devampi wrote:

Cake a team comp is full team.

for duo lane it can be called matchups (if the right gods are used) this mostly refers to main points of several gods like an aggressive duo lane or defensive duo lane

Wait so matchups now means 2 things?

I've always recognised matchups as how characters fare against each other. This is confusing

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » March 15, 2016 2:15pm | Report
I, too, thought that a matchup was used to designate a god you are facing against.

For a god you are laning with, as a teammate, I would rather use "synergy" than "matchup".

For example, Odin and Zeus do have good synergy, while Hades and Anhur don't.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 15, 2016 3:39pm | Report
It can be that I'm wrong or/and worded it a bit wrong.
However from all the LoL vids (and other stuff I'm used to) they refer to match ups during the laning phase/start game only. For duo lane the matchup is a 2v2 instead of a 1v1. It's used as an indication of how hard your lane is gonna be (like if you are playing against a counter).

Only in LoL for bot lane you have several champions that synergize in their play style making the matchup there e.g. an all in comp one vs a poke comp.

For a boxing match during an game the term matchup can also be used.

This is how I remember/learned these terms.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » March 15, 2016 3:53pm | Report
The generally understood term for matchup is exactly referring to one vs. another. It's essentially an abbreviated term for "how does X match up against Y?"

Anarchy meant synergies between gods on the same team. Synergy is a perfect word, or in the broader full-team form, would just be "best team composition."
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }