Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ares - still viable?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ares - still viable? 28 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » March 2, 2013 4:06pm | Report
it always did damage with beads

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 2, 2013 7:34pm | Report
His ult has always done damage through Beads. Beads is not damage reduction, its CC Immunity. But I do agree he needs a new nerf with the new Cripple effect that stacks with his slow on shackles.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 3, 2013 8:48am | Report

Not really, when I come up aginst an ares or a hades I try to counter them with these items and you can make them worthless. If you really wanna play him and/or enjoy him that is fine and I recommend you play him, but you won't do as well as with an other god that can't be countered at least this way (all gods have counters =P)

Edit: Ares was a pretty good god before the patch but now he is kinda broken

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 3, 2013 9:40am | Report
Nope. I still think he's pretty damaging. I killed someone easily with three shackles and fire.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » March 3, 2013 5:48pm | Report
Ares not viable at all. I've done several matches playing with and against Ares, and if the other team uses both Purification Beads and Aegis Amulet then Ares's ult is useless.

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 3, 2013 6:36pm | Report
I don't think so. It's not just his Ultimate that does damage. His shackles flames combo does incredible damage as well. That ultimate in my opinion's just icing on the cake. Plus with the now increased time on aegis and purification beads, there's much more of a chance now. A good ares player realizes to seize this time advantage.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » March 4, 2013 6:52am | Report
Ragingstorm wrote:

I don't think so. It's not just his Ultimate that does damage. His shackles flames combo does incredible damage as well. That ultimate in my opinion's just icing on the cake. Plus with the now increased time on aegis and purification beads, there's much more of a chance now. A good ares player realizes to seize this time advantage.

I have yet to be hit with Ares' ultimate since using beads and aegis against him. The whole point of his ultimate is to setup for Hades, Zeus, Poseidon, Ra, and Ao Kuang just to name a few. If you ask me that's too many Gods with their main initiator disabled. What good is a God without an ultimate, aside from Hel.

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » March 7, 2013 7:36am | Report
Honestly, i never realized you still did damage through a Beads. That's good to know.

Glad I'm not the only one still loving Ares. I suck at tanks in general, but Ares feels less like a tank and more like just a beefy damage dealer. Getting good at chains skill-shot is essential. If you can't hit chains, you are missing the most important side of him, I think.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 7, 2013 8:16pm | Report
Here... is the solution: Remove the tankiness, and leave him as a magic bruiser. Simple and beautiful.

No no, I'm kidding, although that would be interesting. He needs a nerf, but I can't quite see where Hi-Rez could chip away at his damage.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by saxonturner » April 10, 2013 1:15pm | Report
i started out using ares at low level and dominated up until level 15 where people now buy both beads and ageis and now his ult is basically useless. its a shame as he is such a good lane partner i think the fact his ult is two forms of cc (pull and stun) then beads should only effect one type at a time say just the stun and allow the pull. at the end of the day 1 item worth 250 gold should never make a god useless.

saxonturner

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }