Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ares - still viable?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ares - still viable? 28 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » February 28, 2013 9:10am | Report
I recently learned the joys of playing Ares. But, so often I hear in games that he becomes next to worthless as soon as the opponents buy Beads / Aegis. And, I've heard that in the better games against better players, most of them quickly buy Beads / Aegis.

Is Ares sort of nullified at this point?

Is he still worth taking in the higher level matches?

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 28, 2013 9:55am | Report
Not really, when I come up aginst an ares or a hades I try to counter them with these items and you can make them worthless. If you really wanna play him and/or enjoy him that is fine and I recommend you play him, but you won't do as well as with an other god that can't be countered at least this way (all gods have counters =P)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 28, 2013 10:06am | Report
Ares can still do high damage. All of his abilities can do massive damage with the proper build. His ultimate is usable now that the aegis and purification beads will be in CD once that happens.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » February 28, 2013 11:12am | Report
Ares superviable now
with the added crippel to his chains he can be a very good lane partner for someone without gap closer
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 28, 2013 11:52am | Report
Especially Poseidon. I'd like to see Poseidon, Zeus, Ares and Hades In a game with some high Burst psychical god. This Would be so awesome.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » February 28, 2013 5:55pm | Report
Just saw the patch notes about longer cooldown on Beads / Amulet. Plus the slight bump to chains. That could be a very good thing for fans of Ares.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 28, 2013 6:02pm | Report
Especially to you melonjoe. Especially to you.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KingScuba » March 1, 2013 5:59am | Report
"viable"? more like op. I outdamage my entire team on a regular basis building straight tank. His ult is adorable, but you don't need to rely on it. It either works or it doesn't. It's his 1 and 3 that make him THE damage tank. Sobek and herc can setup kills better, but it's hard to outdamage and survive longer than an ares. Hirez made a perfect god of war, Massive damage and Indestructibility.

KingScuba

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 1, 2013 6:57am | Report
Yeah. I think KingScuba is emphasizing him. Although he's good with 1-3 and an defensive 2. His ultimate can even used to low off beads or aegis. Even better, his ultimate might catch them when aegis is on Cooldown.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nozferatu7 » March 2, 2013 3:25pm | Report
His ult damages now even if you use beads. This god is in need of a serious nurf imo, I've been getting my butt kicked for days playing against Ares even when I get out of every single one of his ults. /rant

Nozferatu7

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }