Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ares Jungle - Possible?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ares Jungle - Possible? 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 16, 2013 2:21am | Report
I know how Ares is really meant to be played against enemy gods. I know that he sucks in the jungle, yadda yadda. But what about Mage Ares? Ares can stack up a lot of magical power with his passive.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 16, 2013 2:25am | Report
It's not possible because his main damage only goes trough minions and not sticks to them like it does to gods. His flames don't do enough to kill the minions and take a long time cast.

His ganks aren't great since there is beads and after 1 ares gank the will buy it.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 16, 2013 2:26am | Report
Why not you try it?

Just to enrage your teammates some more. :D
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » October 16, 2013 2:32am | Report
The main problem is cleaning a camp would take forever since Searing Flesh is pretty much his only skill he can use to kill minions (yes Shackles dose damage to minions but I dose barley an against them). Though he is a great ganker, but you can also exploit that by laneing and focusing on harassing and let your teammate kill minions, then when you are 5+ (and you're winning the lane) you can start ganking.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 16, 2013 3:52am | Report
Well, I think Searing Flesh still deals % damage to minions. Combine that with a high power build, Polynomicon, and lowered cooldowns, and I think he'd do okay.

(And certainly better than Bacchus, who I still have nightmares about)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pulimuli » October 16, 2013 5:49am | Report
He probably could do good when he has alot of auras, the problem is getting there with pretty much the slowest jungle clearing time in the game...

you'll be level 5 when the others are 10

Pulimuli

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BrotherMonkey » October 16, 2013 6:02am | Report
Not best possible idea. He needs long time to kill monsters in jungle and he is only effective until enemies buy Purification Beads. After that he can only help with his auras.

BrotherMonkey

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zackeryss » October 16, 2013 12:46pm | Report
I think it can, just grab a Mystical Mark for some damage and phys defense, maybe a void stone for power, then pound them. I've been able to jungle as ares, though it is very close to death xD

Zackeryss

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Grimskull » October 16, 2013 1:46pm | Report
Nah, Ares just doesn't kill minions fast enough and his mobility is pretty impaired as well. Your best bet would be to go to lane with your carry (unoriginal i know :D) and if you get the upper hand you can go pull off some nice ganks. Just don't try it in higher lvl games cause people will buy beads to counter your ultimate and going full cooldown Ares just isn't viable in a conquest game.

And don't get me started about Bacchus jungling, that's the most horrifying thing I've ever heard :D
Check out my Bacchus guide:

Check out my BB coding skills

Grimskull

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 16, 2013 4:30pm | Report
Guys, here's an update. I did one random conquest match with Ares jungle. I got mask + HoG + Shoes of Focus + Polynomicon + Spear + void stone.

Yes, farming sucked at early levels. So it did for Art and Anubis.

But I began to snowball after I killed the foolish Mercury who attempted to take the mid furies. Hitting with shackles is pretty much an instant death sentence for junglers like Fenrir and Mercury and Bastet.

Long story short, jungling with Ares worked, or at least for that one match.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }