Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Are there useless Gods?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Are there useless Gods? 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » June 29, 2020 3:26pm | Report
IDNeon wrote:

Do any passives count as auras? The way some people talk about them in the ares guide makes me wonder...

Not in regards to Ares' passive, he only gets that extra power from completed aura items. Gauntlet of Thebes counts as one when it's evolved, so that can also be a good pickup depending upon where you play him.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 29, 2020 3:32pm | Report
I think some like Talisman and Tyrannical might. Easiest way to see is just check the aura items tab in game.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » June 29, 2020 4:01pm | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

Not in regards to Ares' passive, he only gets that extra power from completed aura items. Gauntlet of Thebes counts as one when it's evolved, so that can also be a good pickup depending upon where you play him.

Oh wow that is good!

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Big Damage » June 29, 2020 10:06pm | Report
No, I'll give you 2 examples to show the difference between a passive and an aura.

Void Stone has a passive aura of 10% reduced magical protections in an area. This is an aura that affects all enemies near to you.

Stone of Binding has a passive that when you hit an enemy with crowd control it reduces their protections by 10.

Normal passives just effect you, or they effect enemies when you attack them. Auras effect enemies by just being near to you.

Big Damage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 30, 2020 12:52am | Report
To answer your question in the title: No every got has its purposes. The only reason to become useless is getting nerfed in the ground even harder than Loki or falling far behind in the game (although this has a duration usually). In some cases, team comp also influences this.

For Ares he is very reliant on staying ahead. His early game pressure helps him a lot with it (good use of shackles can easily be half someone's hp on lvl 1). The problem is that he loses this pressure if you fall behind (and as the game goes on). In this case, he transitions more into an ult bot (and aura bot). if you don't manage to adapt and keep playing this high pressure you will feel the gap closing quickly.

In this case, you will start to take more of an initiator role. Trying to initiate with your ult and then try to keep enemies in place with the cripple from shackles and providing port with your 2 aura (and the effect of item effects)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }