Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anyone Have an Effective Nu Wa Strategy Yet?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anyone Have an Effective Nu Wa Strategy Yet? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 6, 2013 6:41am | Report
I'm curious; has anyone managed to have a successful time as Nu Wa? If so, what strategy did you choose?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 6, 2013 6:54am | Report
She is epic at pushing towers, just place the 2 so that they tank the tower for you minion wave, and when they die you stun the tower to keep your minions safe and kill the enemy minions with for and splash damage basic attacks :)

Just played her once though :P

Like the Fenrir combo though, so troll >_<
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 6, 2013 6:59am | Report
I havn't had the chance to play Nu Wa yet, but a friend who plays in the level 30 qeue's said he destroyed everything, including other Nu Wa's as a solo lane Nu Wa based around her auto-attack damage. Look up the player stats (on smitegame.com) for Porz21. Although he has a couple of losses apparenatly, he was extremely convinced with auto-attack Nu Wa.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 6, 2013 7:24am | Report
Thiel wrote:

he was extremely convinced with auto-attack Nu Wa.

Yeah that is the best way to play IMO as well, she is kind of a mix of release Poseidon and Chronos :P

Getting that Telkhines Ring early is just so stupid ^_^

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 6, 2013 7:44am | Report
I think she's a little overrated at pushing towers. Sure she can drop minions to tank for 8 seconds, but you could also just wait a second for real minions in a lot of scenarios, or just have a tanky player tank it, or have a tower shredder like Merc kill it instantly. She's not a good split pusher either because she can't escape once someone comes to stop her. Give me Mercury over Nu Wa any day if we're talking killing towers. She has a gimmick for it, but it's just a gimmick. The minions are more useful for jungle camps.

I'm not a fan of auto-attacking with her either, Chronos and Freya are both better at that role in my opinion.

Where I think she really shines is in a late game role like Eset; she has an amazing team fight. She does a lot of damage while setting up stuns, she can zone an entire area or hit an entire team with a super Squall slow. Oh yeah, and team perma-stealth.

I have no idea what to do with her early game, but if you can get her late with a mage build, she's awesome.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 6, 2013 7:58am | Report
I might just re-buy the god pack just so I can try her out as jungle. Altho my experience won't nearly cover a level 30/ranked game experience, since I'm currently back to level 11, but it does sound like she has a fun kit for jungling.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 6, 2013 8:07am | Report
Phil725 wrote:

I think she's a little overrated at pushing towers. Sure she can drop minions to tank for 8 seconds, but you could also just wait a second for real minions in a lot of scenarios, or just have a tanky player tank it, or have a tower shredder like Merc kill it instantly.

The idea is that you use the 2 to tank instead of your minions (so that they do tons of damage before they get killed). At lvl 10 with the ring all you need is one minion wave (without being interrupted) for a tower, and you got the fog to get away with (but you need to know where ppl are ofc, you can't just ult out when they rotate) :P

Ofc Merc, Apollo etc are a lot better, but her push is strong for sure.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 6, 2013 8:23am | Report
Good push for a mage would be a good way to put it I guess. I don't put much value in her push from a team comp perspective though. A good team isn't going to give you a full wave of creeps dying to tower worth of time, and if they do, anyone can kill towers.

I haven't looked at how much damage the clay minions specifically do, but it isn't much, is it? They do a flat 20 damage all game, and literally 0 to anyone with armor. Regular minions definitely help chunk a tower though, so keeping them alive for an extra 8 seconds is nice.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 6, 2013 8:43am | Report
Like they tank for 8 sec, so you get a full minion wave for 8 (9 with the stun) sec that is pretty much damage.

And you are completely right about it not being a focus for a team comp, but it makes her strong in the solo lane :)

Combo her with Fenrir and its a free kill with the ults :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 6, 2013 10:57am | Report
It's very easy to be effective with her if you know what you're doing. While most people agree she isn't overpowered, a good Nu Wa will not make mistakes or die easily whatsoever.

First, maxing CDR is necessary. Her only reliable damage is fire, which also is her CC, so it needs to be short (I think it reaches 7.2 CDR, shorter than the gem length, if I remember correctly). Additionally, the short CDR makes her stealth/water crystal basically never fall off.

Past that, build a few AA-based items (Poly is very good, along with possibly Telkhine's (sp?) or Demonic Grasp). Since her metal and fire gems are so based around the AA, take advantage of it.

Additionally, many people argue it's easy to find out where you are in the stealth. That may be correct, but the stealth plus the movement speed bonus makes you VERY hard to hit by skillshots. Dance around well.

Additionally, her stealth cancels targetted abilities. Drain Life, World Weaver, etc cannot hit you. It also counters Loki pretty hard - he has ONE chance to hit you from stealth, so he risks getting a hit (and still not seeing you), or dying from unstealthing. For this reason, Nu Wa counters assassins in general pretty hard.

A final note, learn how to use earth minions to block. It's a bad idea against people like Ne Zha or Zeus who can chain off them, but they're very good auto attack/skillshot tanks.

Those are my suggestions anyway.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }