Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anyone else running into these problems? (Conquest)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anyone else running into these problems? (Conquest) 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by lmmortal Rogue » December 28, 2015 3:32am | Report
So, there's been miscommunication with the teams I've been with all day. Reading the guides and forums, I understand that certain gods fill certain roles. But these things always happen when I pick a role to fill:

Solo - Someone else comes to my lane without my consent, leading the enemy solo laner to level up quicker and kill us both.

Support - Nobody in the Duo lane to support, leading the enemy duo laners to push the lane quicker.

Mid - Two other people join me, leading to a lane being empty or missing a person. (I know the jungler rotates between lanes to get XP)

Carry - No Support in the Duo lane (Or at least someone else to help me push), leading the opposing duo laners to push the lane quicker.

Jungler - The rest of the team is overall bad so I have to do everything myself(I had to push all three lanes with Ratatoskr the other day.)

I only won 3 of the 8 games i played, two of them because I had to push 2 or more lanes by myself

It seems like when I'm a support or carry, people only join the Duo lane when they see an easy kill or when the tower is being attacked.

I really hope I don't run into these problems when i get to league games.

lmmortal Rogue

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 28, 2015 4:23am | Report
Not sure if you're level 30 or not yet. Generally once you begin to advance in the game you get paired with more competent players. It's very rare that I encounter any games like you're describing.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 28, 2015 1:24pm | Report
the things you mention sound like pre lvl 10-15

normally this will become better around lvl 20+ if not sooner.

Also don't go into ranked immediately when you hit lvl 30 (and the mastery lvl you need) as you still won't have enough experience.

if I would just take the relevant requirements most people advise for joining ranked (on LoL/Dota 2 too):
-make sure to have played every god once (so you know what they can do so against can count to, however played gives a better feel IMO.)
-have at least 500 games is what people recommend (as in these 500 you learn roles, items, gods etc.)
-most importantly have a main role with 2-3 or more gods and an alternative role with 2-3 (this meaning have 2 roles you have "specialized" in and can play very well)
-have at least 2 gods a role (and play the other roles decently)

(If you would look at LoL you will also see runes popping up)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by lmmortal Rogue » December 28, 2015 2:15pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

the things you mention sound like pre lvl 10-15

normally this will become better around lvl 20+ if not sooner.

Also don't go into ranked immediately when you hit lvl 30 (and the mastery lvl you need) as you still won't have enough experience.

if I would just take the relevant requirements most people advise for joining ranked (on LoL/Dota 2 too):
-make sure to have played every god once (so you know what they can do so against can count to, however played gives a better feel IMO.)
-have at least 500 games is what people recommend (as in these 500 you learn roles, items, gods etc.)
-most importantly have a main role with 2-3 or more gods and an alternative role with 2-3 (this meaning have 2 roles you have "specialized" in and can play very well)
-have at least 2 gods a role (and play the other roles decently)

(If you would look at LoL you will also see runes popping up)

I'm actually level 21 while this is happening

-I'm a good mid with Agni, he was the first god i unlocked so I have the most experience with him
-I'm still learning Sylvanus, but I can be a good support provided I have someone to support
-I think I'm a decent jungler, but some games there's a lane completely empty so I have to enter with Nemesis or Ratatoskr
-Still not familiar with Hunters or Warriors, so I'm not the greatest carry or solo, but I've picked up Anhur and Osiris as a start

500 games?! That's a long way from now... maybe in that time i'll start to get better teammates and learn how to play hunters and warriors

lmmortal Rogue

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » December 28, 2015 3:28pm | Report
I would recommend having over 60 gods mastered before you play ranked as this will allow you to trade for almost any God anyone wants to trade for and trust me you want to get placed as high as possible cause climbing out of bronze can be nearly impossible due to terrible teamates.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by lmmortal Rogue » December 28, 2015 4:03pm | Report
Diomedes232 wrote:

I would recommend having over 60 gods mastered before you play ranked as this will allow you to trade for almost any God anyone wants to trade for and trust me you want to get placed as high as possible cause climbing out of bronze can be nearly impossible due to terrible teamates.

I only have 8 so far, Agni, Anhur, Nemesis, Cupid, Chang'e, Aphrodite, Sylvanus, and Ratatoskr

lmmortal Rogue

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 28, 2015 4:09pm | Report
You probably don't need 60 gods mastered to start ranked, but having at least 40 is definitely a solid place to start. Honestly though I wouldn't worry about ranked all that much, once you hit level 30 the quality of casual conquest games goes up dramatically and you can have fun competitive matches.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » December 28, 2015 4:23pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

You probably don't need 60 gods mastered to start ranked, but having at least 40 is definitely a solid place to start. Honestly though I wouldn't worry about ranked all that much, once you hit level 30 the quality of casual conquest games goes up dramatically and you can have fun competitive matches.

......dont expect too much though in casuals.

Ranked only gets better when you get beyond bronze, the beginning can be such a struggle (people suck).

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » December 28, 2015 6:41pm | Report
Rogue, if you need a group, add us ! My IGN is ThePerfectPrism and Im sure with us u wont have the same problems ! ( also if u think 500 games is a big think, I have 2200+ atm and Im stuck on Silver 4
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }