Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ah Muzen Cab (AMC) Competitive discussion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ah Muzen Cab (AMC) Competitive discussion 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by rockubot » March 29, 2014 5:48pm | Report
Hey guy, I've been looking around and I've seen a lot of negative discussion about AMC. I've been playing him a lot lately, and I've noticed despite the fact he has no CC or escape, I'm able to make up for it.

For anyone who doesn't know him well, he has an amazing damage output, with (i think) the fastest AA in the game, an ok 2nd ability, and ulty that if it kills reduces cooldown time, and hives to give him boosted attack speed and small health gen.

Anyways, to get over the CC there is a simple soluton; duo lane. AMC is viable as a solo, but is much better with a duo. Someone with him who has any CC can help get him kills or sometimes defend from large ganks, making up for his lack of any CC.

As for escaping, all I can really do is buy sentry wards for the jungle, and again stick in a duo lane for a higher survival rate.

Anyways, what do you guys think? I think even with the nerf AMC can be a very viable character. I could even see him in the pros being played against less aggresive teams, in which he dominates games.

rockubot

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 29, 2014 6:18pm | Report
Now. What is your competitive AMC experience?

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 30, 2014 6:23am | Report
Well he was used in the Launch Tournament a couple of times over the past two days, sooo...

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 30, 2014 7:14am | Report

Well he was used in the Launch Tournament a couple of times over the past two days, sooo...

Yeah he owened in the tournament so I gues he's pretty viable lol

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 30, 2014 7:57am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Yeah he owened in the tournament so I gues he's pretty viable lol

It was great to see Aphrodite, too ! She's one of my favourite Goddesses in the game.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 30, 2014 10:13am | Report
Top tier adc in ranked are AMC, Apollo and Xbalanque so he is viable for sure ;)

If you are thinking competitive as in tournaments pretty much anything goes, but AMC and Apollo are probably a bit above the other hunters.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 30, 2014 10:19am | Report
I wouldn't say Xbalanque over Neith or Anhur, but yeah Apollo and AMC are seeing a LOT of play recently. Oddly, more than before his recent nerf.

And I wouldn't say anything goes when they're competing for 200k dollars...I think they pick what they think is good xD
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Keari » March 30, 2014 10:41am | Report
Well considering both cognitive and dignitas picked AMC today, I would say he is pretty much viable. :)

Keari

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » March 31, 2014 11:08am | Report
I don't care for competitive myself, but AMC is truely an amazing god. Great poke and waveclear, and is extremely difficult to chase when in his hives. Take Artemis' steroid and put it on a deployable hive and add some more movement speed, and you get Ah Muzen Cab.

He works astonishingly well when laning with a Sobek teammate, after he hits level 5. Sobek rushes at the enemy, flips them behind him, where AMC is waiting to launch his ultimate.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 31, 2014 1:57pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

And I wouldn't say anything goes when they're competing for 200k dollars...I think they pick what they think is good xD

Not thinking exclusively for the 200k tournament, all of the hunter players at that tournament can play any hunter pretty much just as good. So then you ofc go for the best ones, who are AMC and Apollo (most likely)
But if you have someone who plays a insane Anhur for example (Youngbae *cough* *cough*) you might want to pick that over Apollo or AMC even though they are considered better picks and with less experienced players you would see more of this. If I where to play hunter for example I would do a million times better with Anhur than AMC even though AMC is a better hunter :P

And on top of that teamcomps and synergy have a lot more to do in tournaments than in normal ranked games, where the gods who are selfsuficient (high DPS and survivability) are what you want.
So therefore stuff like Neith (yes Neith has a lot of survivability, but she lacks DPS) is a lot better in tournaments than in ranked and Xbalanque (late game Xbalanque just kills everything) is a lot better in ranked than in tournaments.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }