Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aegis and Fixing Anubis Discussion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Aegis and Fixing Anubis Discussion 36 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 10, 2013 1:25pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

Snip

The Aegis Pendant (one which lets you move) would be worse, since you will be helpless once wrapped.

Also, about poking, what of it? You do realize that when you Mummify/ Grasping Hands someone, you cannot farm? Yeah, I'm sure Ao Kuang will be perfectly happy to drop a tornado when you use locusts. Poking as Anubis is a self-destructive strategy. He doesn't have a poke, because poking isn't supposed to cost two abilities and your waveclear.

You are also severely overestimating Anubis' damage. Tell me, how often do you play Anubis? "One or two ticks?" Really?

I never said Anubis uses all 4 of his abilities to be effective, I said he needed to use all of his non-ultimate abilities.

Your assessment was not faulty, he can be considered a "melee" mage. That's the problem.

There are two components to this problem.

A. Anubis must stand still to deal damage

B. He is squishy as ****.

C. Combine those two, and playing Anubis is kill-or-be-killed.

To avoid being killed by B, you have to have the highest DPS possible or enemies kill you. That is why it is absolutely necessary to use all of your non-ultimate skills. And that, as I have mentioned, is precisely the problem.

That's why I changed the Locusts to a skillshot, since that allows him to actually move, he can afford to hang back a bit. He can afford to spread his damage apart, and depend less on a single combo, because he doesn't have to take enormous risks to get a kill. (Also, if you actually read he original post, you'd see that I said it wouldn't be a single nuke, it would be like swarm or flame strike.)

And about your point concerning Agni; Again, your logic falls apart. Agni can maximize his damage that way, but he doesn't need to. He can still be effective without using all of his abilities. Anubis can't.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 10, 2013 1:43pm | Report
@ ICEN
They will probably buff Beads somehow.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 10, 2013 4:06pm | Report
You can't really counter Agni :D His ults will continue to come back

There are some gods which have no "real counter"

But CC counters every god (unless they use active)

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 10, 2013 7:19pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

they must want to destroy beads or something, beads still has its place but the way they are going with aegis is going to make beads look like **** in the future

Beads reduces the cooldown of all your abilities by 5 seconds (on use) now, so there's that. Plus tier 3 beads still have a short cooldown and make you immune to CC while also allowing you to move. Neither of the Aegis items allow you to be immune to CC and move at the same time (the Pendant makes you vulnerable to CC but immune to damage).

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 10, 2013 7:31pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

The Aegis Pendant (one which lets you move) would be worse, since you will be helpless once wrapped.

Also, about poking, what of it? You do realize that when you Mummify/ Grasping Hands someone, you cannot farm? Yeah, I'm sure Ao Kuang will be perfectly happy to drop a tornado when you use locusts. Poking as Anubis is a self-destructive strategy. He doesn't have a poke, because poking isn't supposed to cost two abilities and your waveclear.

You are also severely overestimating Anubis' damage. Tell me, how often do you play Anubis? "One or two ticks?" Really?

I never said Anubis uses all 4 of his abilities to be effective, I said he needed to use all of his non-ultimate abilities.

Your assessment was not faulty, he can be considered a "melee" mage. That's the problem.

There are two components to this problem.

A. Anubis must stand still to deal damage

B. He is squishy as ****.

C. Combine those two, and playing Anubis is kill-or-be-killed.

To avoid being killed by B, you have to have the highest DPS possible or enemies kill you. That is why it is absolutely necessary to use all of your non-ultimate skills. And that, as I have mentioned, is precisely the problem.

That's why I changed the Locusts to a skillshot, since that allows him to actually move, he can afford to hang back a bit. He can afford to spread his damage apart, and depend less on a single combo, because he doesn't have to take enormous risks to get a kill. (Also, if you actually read he original post, you'd see that I said it wouldn't be a single nuke, it would be like swarm or flame strike.)

And about your point concerning Agni; Again, your logic falls apart. Agni can maximize his damage that way, but he doesn't need to. He can still be effective without using all of his abilities. Anubis can't.

Your thinking is absolutely set and arbitrary, which is why you don't understand any of the points I'm making.

No, you aren't without a lane clear if you poke. You can use Grasping Hands more than once, there's no rule that says, "You must only use one lane clear ability per minion wave, ever". I can clear the lane, let it come off cooldown in a few seconds and poke, because in lane phase nearly no one (bar maybe Agni) has an instant lane clear. Not even Torandoes will kill every minion in one DoT if it's not maxed, you still have to last hit with basics. On the other hand, Grapsing Hands usually is an instant clear if you are good at placing it. You might say, "But the manas!" and that's why you get Vampiric Shroud.

And I play Anubis fairly often in mid and know that when I use him, the ticks are easily in excess of 300-400 damage. I don't know of many mages that have the health to sustain that even if they're above half (but not full). If I force them out of lane and make them RTB, then just as good as a kill. I don't have to kill them.

About Agni, yes, he can just use Flame Wave or Rain Fire to get damage in when he wants. But so can Anubis just use Grasping Hands or Mummify to help out teammates and be just as effective. Agni isn't OHKing people with his regular skills. Neither is Anubis. By your logic, this makes them useless because they aren't getting kills without using all of their abilities at once (which Agni usually has to do as much as Anubis).

Finally, the point about the moving Aegis is to use it after Mummify has worn off, since you keep saying that Grasping Hands + Plague of Locusts can't kill someone, which I assure you it can. If you use the pendant after Mummify is off, you have 2 seconds of invulnerability to have your way with Anubis if he hasn't ran away yet. If you use the non-moving Aegis, you can break Mummify but you also let Anubis escape because he'll just leave once he sees you rooted to the ground being invulnerable.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 12, 2013 1:16pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

Your thinking is absolutely set and arbitrary, which is why you don't understand any of the points I'm making.

No, you aren't without a lane clear if you poke. You can use Grasping Hands more than once, there's no rule that says, "You must only use one lane clear ability per minion wave, ever". I can clear the lane, let it come off cooldown in a few seconds and poke, because in lane phase nearly no one (bar maybe Agni) has an instant lane clear. Not even Torandoes will kill every minion in one DoT if it's not maxed, you still have to last hit with basics. On the other hand, Grapsing Hands usually is an instant clear if you are good at placing it. You might say, "But the manas!" and that's why you get Vampiric Shroud.

And I play Anubis fairly often in mid and know that when I use him, the ticks are easily in excess of 300-400 damage. I don't know of many mages that have the health to sustain that even if they're above half (but not full). If I force them out of lane and make them RTB, then just as good as a kill. I don't have to kill them.

About Agni, yes, he can just use Flame Wave or Rain Fire to get damage in when he wants. But so can Anubis just use Grasping Hands or Mummify to help out teammates and be just as effective. Agni isn't OHKing people with his regular skills. Neither is Anubis. By your logic, this makes them useless because they aren't getting kills without using all of their abilities at once (which Agni usually has to do as much as Anubis).

Finally, the point about the moving Aegis is to use it after Mummify has worn off, since you keep saying that Grasping Hands + Plague of Locusts can't kill someone, which I assure you it can. If you use the pendant after Mummify is off, you have 2 seconds of invulnerability to have your way with Anubis if he hasn't ran away yet. If you use the non-moving Aegis, you can break Mummify but you also let Anubis escape because he'll just leave once he sees you rooted to the ground being invulnerable.

You clearly misread my post. I said Plague of Locusts isn't enough, not Locusts + Grasp.

You know what? Since you keep forcing me to repeat myself, because you're too good to read what I've been posting over and over again, I declare this discussion over. I'm not going to bother arguing with you when you can't even respond to my comments properly.

If you want to really continue this argument, then call up a third party, one who has experience with Anubis. Honestly, I don't think you'll do it.

We're done.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }