Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aegis and Fixing Anubis Discussion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Aegis and Fixing Anubis Discussion 36 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 10, 2013 5:22am | Report

You know Subzero008 is mad at you when he goes all Phoenix Wright on your ***!

Not mad...okay, a bit mad. I'm trying to get a point across, but they just pretend my words don't exist. Kind of like how ICEN still hasn't realized you can Aegis while under CC.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 10, 2013 5:45am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Not mad...okay, a bit mad. I'm trying to get a point across, but they just pretend my words don't exist. Kind of like how ICEN still hasn't realized you can Aegis while under CC.
Since when the F does Aegis let you get out of CC?????
So you are saying that if I use Aegis while I am CC'd it will take me out of CC and make me invincible?

Because I know I sure an hell tried it with regular Aeigs before and it didn't take me out of CC and I didn't use the new Aegis but the new Aegis says "CC STILL APPLIES"

Anyways explain how you waste 4 abilites on aegis when no smart anubis waste 4 skills on a person using aegis. Hey look he has aegis I think I will waste my ult on him!!!

Maybe you should rename the thread "aegis counters noobs who play Anubis" not Aegis counters all of Anubis. I bet once your pretty aegis is on cooldown your get wrapped up again... Anubis don't care he has PLENTY of mummify left to do even if you were to aegis twice in a row. Would that be stupid yep, but the fact is nubs who use aegis only PROLONG THEIR DEATH.

I am not saying using aegis is nub, I am literally saying that when I see a nub aka someone who I think I can beat use aegis all that goes in my mind is "cool aegis bro your still going to die"

You act like aegis counters no other god
Poseidon - you keep saying aegis only counters kraken as if all Poseidon only use kraken by itself. Smart Poseidon's ALWAYS use whirl pool before they use the kraken. So he is left with a wave that I don't care about and his 2 which I don't care about. As long as I took away his kraken and whirl pool that is 1000% fine by me

Ao Kuang - aegis his ult, he will only have a tornado because I don't give a **** about his turd 1 or his lame 2. Really nobody fears a squall I will GLADLY take his ult away or a nado away and leave him with 1 million squalls that can't clear waves

ahprodite - I don't fear her even with all abilities so I don't care she can run around for all I care

Chronos - has no ult so I don't care to dodge it! Can aegis his 3 into 1 leaving him with his 2. Cool he probably has scrub aim with it anyways.

freya - counters ult, I'm not to afraid of a freya that has no ult so I don't care because gods I play with can counter her even when she uses her 1 + 2 ect

Hebo - has gay 2 second spam so don't play on countering it any time soon but you can counter his ult. But hebo is always gay as hell because 2 water cannons in 4 seconds is like an ult so it doesn't matter if he has no ult he will just gatling splash you.

ra - aegis counter ult he only has heal which I don't give 2 ***** about and a 1 beam that is so slow I can dodge it by crawling and a slow that nobody ever uses because they camp with him.

Zeus - hes a gaybo too, only thing you are doing is prolonging your stun by aegising a stun, because zeus has stuns out the ***.

ANUBIS - aegis counters HOWEVER MANY ABILITIES HE CHOOSES to throw at you. What if he only throws grasping hands? are you going to sit there and eat it??? What if he mummifies you then plague of locust are you going to eat it???? **** NO you are going to aegis when your about to die even if he is only using 2 skills on you.

My point is that aegis works based on HOW MANY THINGS are being thrown at you. Not all ******s will throw all skills at you 24/7 like a nub and let you waste their ult. I have yet to see someone face me in 3v3 who hasn't died in a game to anubis even with beads or aegis.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 10, 2013 5:55am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Since when the F does Aegis let you get out of CC?????
So you are saying that if I use Aegis while I am CC'd it will take me out of CC and make me invincible?

Because I know I sure an hell tried it with regular Aeigs before and it didn't take me out of CC and I didn't use the new Aegis but the new Aegis says "CC STILL APPLIES"

Anyways explain how you waste 4 abilites on aegis when no smart anubis waste 4 skills on a person using aegis. Hey look he has aegis I think I will waste my ult on him!!!

Maybe you should rename the thread "aegis counters noobs who play Anubis" not Aegis counters all of Anubis. I bet once your pretty aegis is on cooldown your get wrapped up again... Anubis don't care he has PLENTY of mummify left to do even if you were to aegis twice in a row. Would that be stupid yep, but the fact is nubs who use aegis only PROLONG THEIR DEATH.

I am not saying using aegis is nub, I am literally saying that when I see a nub aka someone who I think I can beat use aegis all that goes in my mind is "cool aegis bro your still going to die"

The new Aegis, Aegis Amulet let's you use it even when under CC, I quote from the Smite Wiki:
Quoted:
"Makes you invulnerable to damage for 2s, preventing you from taking action. After the invulnerability fades, you gain a 20% damage reduction buff for 4s. This can be used even while under the effects of Crowd Control."

Now the thing is and what Subzero probably meant, your average Anubis works by mummifying and using your AoE immideatly after to maximize damage output. Sometimes an Anubis also uses hit ultimate immideatly after a Mummify to maximize damage dealt.

The thing is, even if you are a clever Anubis, and you wait a little before ultimating after you mummified, you can use Aegis Amulet whenever you feel like it, so as soon as Anubis ultimates, you just pop Aegis Amulet. Only noobs use Aegis immideatly after being mummified, because mummification itself is no threat, not now that we have Aegis Amulet. Before you had to guard yourself from Mummify because you couldn't use Aegis while wrapped. But now, you just take the mummification and use Aegis Amulet as soon as you pop out your Death Gaze. And that breaks Anubis.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 10, 2013 6:08am | Report
Thiel wrote:

The new Aegis, Aegis Amulet let's you use it even when under CC, I quote from the Smite Wiki:

Now the thing is and what Subzero probably meant, your average Anubis works by mummifying and using your AoE immideatly after to maximize damage output. Sometimes an Anubis also uses hit ultimate immideatly after a Mummify to maximize damage dealt.

The thing is, even if you are a clever Anubis, and you wait a little before ultimating after you mummified, you can use Aegis Amulet whenever you feel like it, so as soon as Anubis ultimates, you just pop Aegis Amulet. Only noobs use Aegis immideatly after being mummified, because mummification itself is no threat, not now that we have Aegis Amulet. Before you had to guard yourself from Mummify because you couldn't use Aegis while wrapped. But now, you just take the mummification and use Aegis Amulet as soon as you pop out your Death Gaze. And that breaks Anubis.
I like how I was reading the new aegis say "CC can still be applied" I guess the dumbo who wrote that type the description wrong because who ever wrote it put "CC still applies" basically.

Well either way let me explain what happens when I play Anubis out of all the matches I have played.

- I use grasping hands + mummify (90% of people quickly beads out even when I don't use my ult)
this already just made me make them waste beads/and or now aegis 90% of the people are dumb and will use their active at the sight of getting mummified.

- Okay so what if you DON'T USE Aegis when I use grasping hands + mummify??? So your telling me that you are willing to sit in my grasping hands and eat damage with every mummify? Hey that is FINE by me I want you to stay in my damage so I win either way.

Sooner or later you will have to use aegis to prevent yourself from dying by Anubis because I never seen a dumbo who sits in Anubis plaque of locust and grasping hands all because they want to counter an Anubis ult. Ya thats fine and dandy that Anubis ult does alot of damage but hey if you sit in my grasping hands and don't aegis while you are stunned for about 2 seconds IF YOU END UP DEAD DON'T WONDER WHY.

My point is I win either way
- I am not going to ult you until you don't have beads/aegis or already used it and its on cd
- if you choose NOT to ever use your active item thats also fine by me because I am good with the skill shot and will continue to grasping hands you until you die by that or plague of locust.

**** I might even just ult for fun so that I waste your aegis early and get my ult back before your aegis so I can kill you.

I see subzero's point but he still doesn't understand that aegis ONLY SAVES YOU ONCE and the cooldown time in between is called "your time in which you will die if you **** with anubis"

so yea you can live once big yay to all of you but thats only 1-2 seconds of gameplay you still have 45 minutes left in your match to get anally raped by Anubis so you are not safe by any means

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 10, 2013 6:22am | Report
ICEN wrote:

I like how I was reading the new aegis say "CC can still be applied" I guess the dumbo who wrote that type the description wrong because who ever wrote it put "CC still applies" basically.

Well either way let me explain what happens when I play Anubis out of all the matches I have played.

- I use grasping hands + mummify (90% of people quickly beads out even when I don't use my ult)
this already just made me make them waste beads/and or now aegis 90% of the people are dumb and will use their active at the sight of getting mummified.

- Okay so what if you DON'T USE Aegis when I use grasping hands + mummify??? So your telling me that you are willing to sit in my grasping hands and eat damage with every mummify? Hey that is FINE by me I want you to stay in my damage so I win either way.

Sooner or later you will have to use aegis to prevent yourself from dying by Anubis because I never seen a dumbo who sits in Anubis plaque of locust and grasping hands all because they want to counter an Anubis ult. Ya thats fine and dandy that Anubis ult does alot of damage but hey if you sit in my grasping hands and don't aegis while you are stunned for about 2 seconds IF YOU END UP DEAD DON'T WONDER WHY.

My point is I win either way
- I am not going to ult you until you don't have beads/aegis or already used it and its on cd
- if you choose NOT to ever use your active item thats also fine by me because I am good with the skill shot and will continue to grasping hands you until you die by that or plague of locust.

**** I might even just ult for fun so that I waste your aegis early and get my ult back before your aegis so I can kill you.

I see subzero's point but he still doesn't understand that aegis ONLY SAVES YOU ONCE and the cooldown time in between is called "your time in which you will die if you **** with anubis"

so yea you can live once big yay to all of you but thats only 1-2 seconds of gameplay you still have 45 minutes left in your match to get anally raped by Anubis so you are not safe by any means

Yup, your method woul be the ideal way to handle Anubis. Not unexpected since Anubis really seems to be your forte.

The way you make it sound is as is Anubis is invincible, I know you know he's not, but you forget that after you use your Mummify and Grasping Hands you are open to alot of damage. And nearly all good (note: <10% of the entire community) players would take the chance to engage, considering on your god a good decision or not so good decision. Ao Kuang for example would put a tornado on your face when you're ulting, your last means of defense, and a dragon on top to ensure quick death without taking too much damage himself. And Anhur would just wreck, but that's because I'm biased as **** towards Anhur.

Anyway, the Aegis Amulet defnitly doesn't break Anubis if you play it well like ICEN does, but it does add another brick to what might make Anubis lesser tier-ed. Considering Aegis was never Anubis' concern before, but is now.
That's just my 2 cents.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 10, 2013 6:36am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wall of text

One thing I'm going to say to all of that: theoretical scenarios. This could be solo 1v1, with multiple gods involved, with the enemy initiating the attack, Anubis initiating the attack, etc, etc. So, basically all of this discussion is moot given the nature of a fluid battlefield, but, anyways..

To your suggestion on Plague of Locusts, if you make it a skillshot nuke for all of the damage (from every tick), it would be one-shotting people so hard they'd probably ragequit.

If I get to use my 1 and 3 on someone and they don't Aegis, they're dead. If they Aegis, I walk away, because the version of Aegis that can be used during CC is the one that roots you. Simple as that. There's no arbitrary rule that says, "every god that attempts to fight must fight to the death".

If they even let themselves take ticks from Grasping Hands or Plague of Locusts (at all), then there's enough damage done that I can probably nuke them with Death Gaze and kill them in two ticks or less (unless it's Chang'e, **** Chang'e), so movement really isn't an issue.

Besides the fact that if they decide to commit to the fight, I can drop the hammer and Death Gaze makes me CC immune, so they have to make the decision to either eat the damage (at the point when one or two ticks can be deadly) and risk dying or be forced to run away so I can also get away from them myself. And this is all assuming that they even hung around in the first place to try to retaliate, which people usually don't.

Also, there's no arbitrary rule that says, "ye must use all four of your skills at the same time, four being the number of skills used, no more, no less, the number four, whilst playing the Bus of Anoo". Sometimes I Mummify people just for ***** and giggles and drop Grasping Hands on them. It's called poking. If I poke someone enough, or scare them bad enough, there's a decent chance they're going to blow their Aegis on a poke. Every mid pokes, you never go for a kill on someone with full health, at least I wouldn't ever risk it. There's a certain health threshold where you know you can get a kill, if you're any good. If you're stupid, you might go balls deep into mid to try to get the other person while they have full health, then they aegis, and you might be screwed. But no one does that.

Your point on Anubis having no real ability to survive if he's forced to go all out is taken, but so is any other mage. If you put yourself in a bad spot, you're going to die. Stay out of bad spots.

For instance, it could be said about Agni. To effectively get the most out of his skill rotation, you Path of Flame through the enemy, drop Noxious Fumes on them, then Flame Wave or Rain Fire. Now, you've used all of your skills. Including your escape. You got the most out of your damage, probably got the kill, but of course you're out of escape options. This is the trade off for being offensive. The same can be said about Anubis blowing all of his skills offensively and being left with nothing else. The comparison is a bit off, since Agni does have a real escape skill and Anubis doesn't, but the point is still there. On the other hand, you have Ao Kuang who has Slither that is purely a chase/escape skill. It works for him because his damage is limited to pretty much only a (very powerful) DoT and a slow. He has no instant nuke like Anubis or Agni, besides Spirit's Tempest, so he needs a pure escape skill to balance things out.

And now we come to balance, the reason why Anubis's famous whambo can be countered. He's fine the way he is, he needs a counter that isn't dependent on what god you pick, just like every other god. A good Anubis can still roll face all over town regardless.

All that being said, the new Aegis that allows movement would actually be more deadly to Anubis than the one that breaks CC, given they make it out of Mummify without dying.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 10, 2013 6:54am | Report
And now, a post for ICEN:

It's a double tier 3 item now. One immobilizes you but can be used during CC, the other lets you run around with invulnerability, but can be CCed.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 10, 2013 12:27pm | Report
Other mages like hebo hebo doesn't have escapes (good ones)

I think the new aegis is kind of *********.
I didn't use it much so I don't know if it does anything else but from what I been hearing its just like normal aegis except you get to move around and doesn't it cost the same gold?

If this is all true its a pretty cheap *** item and why the hell would anyone pick regular aegis when you can just stand still even with the moving aegis.

Edit: okay so wait... could the regular aegis always be used in CC BEFORE THAT PATCH???

Well anyways I was reading it and the one that makes you stands still can be used inn CC and the one that makes you move you can't use when CC'd because I was going to call major ********* on that item if it let you move around and escape CC.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 10, 2013 12:50pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

Other mages like hebo hebo doesn't have escapes (good ones)

I think the new aegis is kind of *********.
I didn't use it much so I don't know if it does anything else but from what I been hearing its just like normal aegis except you get to move around and doesn't it cost the same gold?

If this is all true its a pretty cheap *** item and why the hell would anyone pick regular aegis when you can just stand still even with the moving aegis.

Edit: okay so wait... could the regular aegis always be used in CC BEFORE THAT PATCH???

Well anyways I was reading it and the one that makes you stands still can be used inn CC and the one that makes you move you can't use when CC'd because I was going to call major ********* on that item if it let you move around and escape CC.

No, the old Aegis did not let you use it during CC.

Seems like you really missed out on the information on the new Aegiss
You see, just like most other items, Aegis now splits into 2 new Aegis forms at rank 3.

Here they are:

Aegis Amulet: Makes you invulnerable to damage for 2s, preventing you from taking action. After the invulnerability fades, you gain a 20% damage reduction buff for 4s. This can be used even while under the effects of Crowd Control.

Aegis Pendant: Makes you invulnerable to damage for 2s, preventing you from attacking but allowing you to move. Crowd control effects will still apply. After the invulnerability fades, you gain a 20% damage reduction buff for 4s.

So in short:
Aegis Amulet is usable even when you are under CC. But you can't move.
Aegis Pendant is not usable under CC. But you can move.
That's just my 2 cents.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 10, 2013 1:11pm | Report
they must want to destroy beads or something, beads still has its place but the way they are going with aegis is going to make beads look like **** in the future

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }