Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aegis and Fixing Anubis Discussion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Aegis and Fixing Anubis Discussion 36 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 9, 2013 11:14am | Report
Alright, with the addition of the new and improved Aegis Amulet, I feel that certain gods like Anubis have gotten really shafted.

You might be saying, "But Sub, Anubis has a lot of burst and can repeat his stun!"

The problem is in the way Anubis works. In order for his playstyle to succeed, you have to use all of your abilities at once. No other mage, no, no other god is like this.

Which means unlike every other mage, when you Aegis out of his stun, that Anubis is screwed, because he has literally nothing to fight back with for 8+ seconds. Agni can dash away, other mages can use their escape abilities, but Anubis is helpless. Completely. Helpless.

If the problem is rooted with Anubis' core design, then he will need a rework. How? That is the point of this thread.

My Idea

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 9, 2013 11:49am | Report
Meh. I don't agree with this at all. Aegis is a counter to everything for a small time - thats the point.

BUT

1) It's actually pretty rare that multiple people will buy aegis
2) Cooldown on aegis is significantly higher than on anubis's cooldowns
3) You can mummify, force an aegis without ulting, and then re-engage within a minute to counter play
4) There NEEDS to be a counter to anubis's ridiculous burst.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 9, 2013 12:08pm | Report
I disagree with some of your points. Yes, Anubis needs a rework kit-wise. He is way too much reliant on his combo, but some of your proposals aren't, in my opinion, that could fix Anubis.

Your change proposals aren't what Anubis needs. Changing his Plague of Locusts like that will morph him into something similar to Ao Kuang.

What Anubis needs is more mobility. The fact that two of his abilities makes him stationary hurts him A LOT. If he could move while using Plague of Locusts, but with a reduced movement speed, could be a huge buff.

Here's the my idea:

Make his Mummify into an AoE stun, with no damage and reduced time. Reduce the damage done by Grasping Hands, and maybe change his ultimate into something else. If you want to move his stun, then change his ultimate( it's literally IMPOSSIBLE to hit someone without the stun using only the ultimate).

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 9, 2013 12:19pm | Report
Counter 1: Aegis is meant to be a counter, but NOT for everything, or else no one would buy other actives.

Counter 2: Go into a ranked match, pick Noobis, and watch them buy Aegis.

Counter 3: I already wrote this; it doesn't matter when you can just kill Anubis.

Counter 4: Smart players wait for the Grasping Hands to start.

Counter 5: Yes, a counter. Not an item that makes him completely helpless and useless.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 9, 2013 12:22pm | Report
Aegis doesn't really counter Anubis that much? IMO Beads counters him more than aegis does.

Aegis can't be used when you are stunned so if you are wrapped up by Anubis then you have to use beads. Yes aegis can counter an Anubis ult and some damage if you are not stunned and yes beads can get out of a stun but a smart Anubis still shouldn't be too worried. Also you will need rank 2-3 aegis to counter Anubis damage, getting rank 1 aegis isn't enough to survive

A smart Anubis uses his grasping hands along with mummify then waits to use his ult if they have beads. Most Anubis players just ult right away but if I known they have beads I won't ult when I stun them because 8/10 times they will use beads assuming they are going to get ulted. So if someone has beads I just wait until they waste it and if they don't waste it they are still going to take alot of damage especially if you are close enough to use plague of locusts on them.

Now with , I am not afraid of aegis because like I said it only counters out of stun damage and they will need a rank 2-3 aegis to counter ticking damage.

Like darkjaw said I think Anubis should be able to move with plague of locust, I don't think his ult should change yet but letting his plague of locust mobile while keeping it a non knockback skill would be okay.

Note : Good Anubis players do not use mummify first then grasping hands, good Anubis players use grasping hands first then mummify.

One last thing : Anubis does not need to use all his combos to kill someone, although its easier to kill them with and puts you in less danger Anubis's Plague of locusts does a TON of damage by itself

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 9, 2013 12:28pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

snip

Actually, you can. Recent Aegis buff.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 9, 2013 12:29pm | Report
:D **** I forgot about that new Aegis.

But either way even the new Aegis can't be used when stunned... at least I hope and the reason why I personally don't care too too much is because they will go on cooldown so even if it saves someone from a 1-2 second death in my eyes they just prolong their already dead *** and I will get them when they come back for round 2.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 9, 2013 12:33pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

I disagree with some of your points. Yes, Anubis needs a rework kit-wise. He is way too much reliant on his combo, but some of your proposals aren't, in my opinion, that could fix Anubis.

Your change proposals aren't what Anubis needs. Changing his Plague of Locusts like that will morph him into something similar to Ao Kuang.

What Anubis needs is more mobility. The fact that two of his abilities makes him stationary hurts him A LOT. If he could move while using Plague of Locusts, but with a reduced movement speed, could be a huge buff.

Here's the my idea:

Make his Mummify into an AoE stun, with no damage and reduced time. Reduce the damage done by Grasping Hands, and maybe change his ultimate into something else. If you want to move his stun, then change his ultimate( it's literally IMPOSSIBLE to hit someone without the stun using only the ultimate).

Even if his Mummify is an AoE stun, that doesn't change how you must still use the combo. I mean, all you proposed was an AoE stun and a different ultimate; doesn't change his combo in any way.

Also, Anubis' mobility isn't the problem. There are plenty of mages who lack escapes and can be focused to death, and allowing him to reposition himself while Locust-ing won't change that fact, nor will it change the Aegis problem.

Let's say Anubis does get a movement buff. He can move full speed while Locusting, and also during his ultimate. Still doesn't change how Aegis can nullify him completely, as well as making him helpless for 8+ seconds. I mean, even at full movement speed, he won't be able to juke skillshots (since players are so good at hitting with them already).

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 9, 2013 1:01pm | Report
So, what you're saying is that Anubis needs to keep his 1shot combo without having a way to avoid it?

Most gods DON'T have a 1 shot kill combo. Anubis NEEDS the combo to one shot things, but he still can poke the enemy and do some serious damage in teamfights without that.

It's not about killing everything with a combo that CANNOT be destroyed. Of course aegis stops him, as it stops kuang's tornadoes+ult. Aegis is meant to save your sorry *** if needed, and you need to know when to waste it. You chose to be saved from anubis ult combo? Now you'll be screwed by whatever comes behind it. You used aegis to be saved from ne zha's ult? now anubis will destroy you with his combo.

That's why you need teammates and that's why you need to fake out the combo. Fake out the combo to make them waste aegis, and your next shot will be a clear K.O. It's like saying:

Beads destroy Ares ult wich is what he's best at. He needs an item that does't destroy him!

Just buy cdr or wait till they burn their beads or something. That's how it works.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 9, 2013 1:19pm | Report
Shavul wrote:

So, what you're saying is that Anubis needs to keep his 1shot combo without having a way to avoid it?

Most gods DON'T have a 1 shot kill combo. Anubis NEEDS the combo to one shot things, but he still can poke the enemy and do some serious damage in teamfights without that.

It's not about killing everything with a combo that CANNOT be destroyed. Of course aegis stops him, as it stops kuang's tornadoes+ult. Aegis is meant to save your sorry *** if needed, and you need to know when to waste it. You chose to be saved from anubis ult combo? Now you'll be screwed by whatever comes behind it. You used aegis to be saved from ne zha's ult? now anubis will destroy you with his combo.

That's why you need teammates and that's why you need to fake out the combo. Fake out the combo to make them waste aegis, and your next shot will be a clear K.O. It's like saying:

Beads destroy Ares ult wich is what he's best at. He needs an item that does't destroy him!

Just buy cdr or wait till they burn their beads or something. That's how it works.

Calm down.

The entire point of my proposed changes is to keep the combo, keep the counter Aegis, but stop the Aegis from making Anubis completely useless, as well as making Anubis decent tier.

You can certainly Aegis Ao's Ultimate. But he still has his other abilities. You can Aegis his tornadoes (but you'll be stupid for doing so), but he can still slither and squall away.

Doesn't matter if its in a teamfight or a duel. Anubis is still helpless, i.e. a liability to his team if he screws up his combo, which is why he's considered really, really bad.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }