Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A Rant

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » A Rant 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TangoDownY3k » September 6, 2020 4:08pm | Report
Incorrectly named chests/falsely advertised chests have been in the game for so long. But yes, they do really suck. Although with constant events, odysseys, daily/weekly deals, and battle passes, I find myself almost never purchasing chests anymore.

I honestly don't think chests are gonna be in the game for very much longer. Their popularity has severely declined, and loot box monetization methods are starting to seriously be frowned upon. Games like Rocket League have abolished that system already, and legal action is being taken against companies like EA for their reliance on "surprise" gambling mechanics. Even world governments are starting to bring these monetization methods into question.

I truly don't believe that Smite could have survived this long without it, but I think the game is in a state now where it can. We'll see, anyway.

TangoDownY3k
<Savior>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » September 6, 2020 4:15pm | Report
EA is in a worse spot though cause their lootboxes in multiple games offered gameplay advantages.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by S7evin424 » September 7, 2020 5:41pm | Report
I feel like some skins have small advantages on Smite. Some of them have really weird animations that make it hard to see stuff. I think there's a Nox skin that makes her AoE hard to judge where the edges are. And that Anubis skin that makes his ultimate way easier to see. Not like crazy advantageous.

S7evin424

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TangoDownY3k » September 7, 2020 6:21pm | Report
A lot of skins are banned in SPL because of reasons similar to that. The intensity of audio cues, visual effects, and particle effects on skins all go into determining if it provides a competitive advantage.

Here's a full list of banned skins in season 7.

TangoDownY3k
<Savior>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by S7evin424 » September 7, 2020 8:57pm | Report
Ah yeah I figured that's why I haven't seen them. Pup Patrol is my favorite Cerb skin wonder what's wrong with that one.

And of course them being banned for "advantages" means everyone buys them cause they think it will give them an edge. *cough* marketing *cough*

S7evin424

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » September 8, 2020 6:10am | Report
TangoDownY3k wrote:

A lot of skins are banned in SPL because of reasons similar to that. The intensity of audio cues, visual effects, and particle effects on skins all go into determining if it provides a competitive advantage.

Here's a full list of banned skins in season 7.

That's an interesting fact, while some of them I can clearly know why they are banned, other I have no clue, like Cerberus Pup Patrol.

I remember Curious Creature was banned because the ulti sound used to be lower and softer than the other skins, making hard to identify when Ratatoskr is landing just by listening it.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Big Damage » September 8, 2020 9:08am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

That's an interesting fact, while some of them I can clearly know why they are banned, other I have no clue, like Cerberus Pup Patrol.

I remember Curious Creature was banned because the ulti sound used to be lower and softer than the other skins, making hard to identify when Ratatoskr is landing just by listening it.

I think for Pup Patrol it might be the VGX where he "bum shuffles".

Big Damage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » September 8, 2020 9:24am | Report
Big Damage wrote:

I think for Pup Patrol it might be the VGX where he "bum shuffles".

That's the best part of his skin. You always have to use it to show you are the Alpha and intimidate the enemies.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }