Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

2014-03-12 Item Patch Notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 2014-03-12 Item Patch Notes 43 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 11, 2014 6:24pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wut. Zhong Kui, whenever he was picked, usually destroyed. He's either banned, or picked, from my end.

Nah, Geb's still very strong. Firstly, 650 health at level 20 at max rank isn't quite the level of insanity as before, but it's still a decent number, and his ultimate is still hands-down the strongest initiation in the game, damage or not. In fact, I wish they reduced the stun, not the damage.

He'll still be picked purely for his ridiculous initiation, mobility for rotations, ganking potential, and having a cleanse.

Oops, I may have had something to do with this...anyway, AMC has a slgiht problem of winning every laning phase by sheer waveclear, having insane burst on top of sustain on top of poke, and being a ridiculous snowballer if you can use your ultimate right.

Still does, actually, considering it still does high damage and the minions are cleared in less than 4 seconds anyway. So the only kind of nerf he got was to his zoning and slow, which is okay, but not the real problem, IMO.

Zhong Kui may be picked in normals, or *maybe* banned at low tiers, but he's far from good against remotely smart opponents. He's got sustain and damage in lane - what most people end up losing to - but he has no range. This should be, and can be, taken advantage by even the most average of foes, and this leads to him actually being very bad. The fact that he now has to not only get in range, but also ONLY use his ult, makes his damage really bad, and leaving him open to being bursted down instantly, compared to his Fiddlesticks-like power before. Now he's FORCED to go magical bruiser to last long enough to matter, which ruins his scaling.

I know Geb will be picked, but he's just becoming a CC dump with nothing else to him. It's disappointing.

As for amc...so? He's a lane bully, that's what he does. He has no escapes which can EASILY be taken advantage of, and the only other immobile ADC - Artemis - has a stun that AMC does not, meaning no hard CC to save himself. He's ruined in teamfights if he's targetted, making him the Anubis of hunters. You removed his harass and zoning, but that's what made him, him. You're removing what was important to the god in the guise of balance, and I dislike that. Instead of taking away their strengths - every god is supposed to have a uniqueness about them - focus on making them balanced. There's a difference, and this once is heavily disappointing for a hunter that already is mediocre against smart people - only certain pros could REALLY pull AMC off.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 11, 2014 6:54pm | Report
Uh, I'm pretty sure gold league isn't low tier. :*(

I'm just speaking from my own experiences, and from my own experiences, Zhong Kui is really instaban material. As a mid, he is stupidly ungankable, has a strong chasing and peeling ability, and can make himself immune to CC for five seconds straight. The protections means he'll be tankier than the tank for early game, and no other mage beats him for sheer area damage thanks to his ultimate. You can avoid tornadoes and aegis spirit's tempest, but you can't do either to Recall Demons.

Eh, AMC's lack of an escape isn't really a problem anymore, ever since they made Sprint so cheap. He's overpowered, IMO, because he can clear the wave and poke with one ability, while having the best poke and waveclear of all hunters. And as Artemis proves, a lack of an escape doesn't mean your teamfight ability is ruined. My problem with him is his laning phase, where he can do pretty much everything.

Edit: And even if only pros can pull him off, that's no excuse to leave a balance problem unchecked.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 11, 2014 6:57pm | Report
arka222 wrote:

Geb has an ineffective basic attack, shield is such an OP skill that it will always be his USP no matter how much its nerfed. His ulti damage reduction is not godd bcz only build possible for him now is a tank build after which nobody gonna engage him and waste his energy.

Edit: to fix zhong kui after current nerf: he must be granted 1 stack every 30s so that he become viable in assault too and becomes less dependent on minions and get a self healing mechanism

EDIT: biggest advantage of amc is his movement speed gain whenever he want tat's wy he doesn't need any escape.(in ans. to raventhor)

Um...of course his basic attacks are weak; yeah, tanks builds will be the only viable build; ZK is still insanely strong in assault and doesn't need times stacks because he has good sustain and teamfight presence; AMC is too strong.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 11, 2014 7:26pm | Report
Sub, we got it all wrong. He is definitely in need of a buff. I'm thinking 600/1200/1800/2400/3000(2000%) on his ult. Hits every. .00000001 seconds. For a global radius. And it has no cooldown, affects towers, phoenix's, minions, jungle minions, and the titan. It also needs the CC immunity, granting you and your team 5500HP/5. I think that would at least balance him. :P

But no seriously, I think a nerf was okay on him.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » March 11, 2014 7:33pm | Report
Can I ask? Neith or AMC wave clear, which is better?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 11, 2014 7:35pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Can I ask? Neith or AMC wave clear, which is better?

I think this would depend on how much mana you are willing to use. xD

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 11, 2014 7:48pm | Report
Best balance patch imo. The Geb nerf is a little too rough, but if his ult was going to d othat much damage and is just a quick burst, the nerf to damage was the route to go. THANK GOD on the Zhong nerf, I don't have problems with him until late game but that ult is broken and cheap when he is cc immune for that long and can cast a ton of nasty skills. The Hun Batz auto attack prevented me from playing him cause I love his design and skills but that auto attack is so weird and just wonky to me. Did they get rid of the ward noise pings? I didn't see it in the patch notes. I hope they get rid of it because it just ****s over the jungler big time and just makes it so people never look at the map even more -_-
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » March 11, 2014 7:55pm | Report
Raven...I dunno where you play but in Gold league Zhong is banned out in nearly every game. Im not saying this means hes OP or needs a nerf but it clearly means people don't want to deal with him.

The same goes for geb.

Likewise, AMC is not banned but is often picked. My guess is their stats show him played more than other hunters and so they nerf a little to bring them into balance. Their goal would be to see each hunger played equally (i would imagine)

Chiulin...the Anubis change will make it a little more fine tuned. Im not sure if its a buff or nerf but it'll tick damage more often requiring you to be more precise at keeping the beam on people.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 11, 2014 7:55pm | Report
AMC's clear is better by far.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 11, 2014 8:07pm | Report
Ah Muzen Cab: Didn't really feel he needed a nerf on his Honey too much, but then it's not going to destroy him, so oh well.

Geb: I guess his shield change is an alright compromise. 650 as a max is still pretty good. I don't think his ult needed a nerf, though. Not sure of the reasoning behind that.

Hun Batz: Pretty good to see that.

Isis: Love this buff on her.

Zhong Kui: He was hit hard with a nerf, and I'm honestly a little split on it. On the one hand, his ult right now is deadly as hell. Completely CC immune, and even without using any other attacks, it hits like a truck and can't really be avoided outside of just getting the hell away from him as fast as you can before he launches too many ghosts at you. But at the same time, I also found it fair considering he has to work harder to get his ult ready than arguably any god in the game. Sure, others like Bakasura ideally should build up a bit for their ult as well, but Zhong is required to wait and build to make his ult effective, and while it's not torture setting it up ('dem heals on his Exorcism are nice) it's not like he has a lot of range to do so. He has to get up pretty close to accomplish this and, since some people were talking about it, that can hurt in modes like Assault if you get caught, especially since, unlike Bakasura, you lose your stacks upon death.

So, like I said, I'm a bit split on it. Though, I don't think it will kill his usefulness entirely considering his ult still hurts on its own, and me personally, when I play him, most of my kills end up coming from his hard hitting 1+2 combo, anyway.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }