Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Old Items/Finding Items for Guides

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Database » Old Items/Finding Items for Guides 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » August 14, 2015 7:04pm | Report
So about these items.

Half of these items I do not even see in Smite. They have been removed completely, erased. So why do we still have them? We should get rid of them to get rid of confusion of newer players. And finding items for guides that you are creating should be a bit easier to find. Maybe like a search box to make it easier. If it is hard to do (or plain impossible) maybe other ideas would help. And other ideas if you do not want to erase these old items.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » August 14, 2015 7:11pm | Report
I would like to see a sorting option when making builds (eg: physical power, cdr, magical penetration) in maybe a dropbox or something. While alphabetical is good, if you forget the exact name of an item it can be a pain to scroll through all the item images. A search function would also be awesome, (especially seeing as we have the capabilities with the search bar up top).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 14, 2015 11:01pm | Report
Eh, I see value in these old items for archival purposes.

New Old Gauntlet of Thebes was hilarious: +600 health, and its passive gave...15% max health, I think? You could literally reach over 5000 health with this item. It was literally 13.5% damage reduction (inverted 115/100), if you think of health that way, by the passive alone. When you calculated the bonus health, in relation to the max health of other gods (and the effect of its own passive on itself)...

( 2000 (rough minimum max health) + 600 ) x 1.15 = 2990 health. It is basically 33% damage reduction, for the squishiest champions in the game. So you can imagine how utterly broken it was on bruisers, who were turned utterly unkillable.

What made this item broken?

The fact that is was 15% max health, NOT bonus health. This meant that you could get the most out of this item with minimum investment, and was absurdly powerful on gods with higher base health.

It also gave plenty of base health on its own, relative to the cost - 600 health for only 1850 gold? That was INSANE. Your max health could spike from 1000 to 1840 health with just one item...that's almost doubling your health.

And no, Qin's Sais/Blades did not help, because the sheer amount of health this thing gave was literally THAT stupid.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 15, 2015 2:57am | Report
They are still in the database if someone decides to reference to them.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » August 15, 2015 11:35am | Report
Zilby wrote:

I would like to see a sorting option when making builds (eg: physical power, cdr, magical penetration) in maybe a dropbox or something. While alphabetical is good, if you forget the exact name of an item it can be a pain to scroll through all the item images. A search function would also be awesome, (especially seeing as we have the capabilities with the search bar up top).

I would really like seeing this implemented into making builds.

Sorta like the store to buy items with, except no recommended items and just the little boxes to check off to find your item.

And if the old items are not gonna get erased, fine by me. Maybe indications to say which is not in the game or not? Cause I know that when I went on SmiteFire all new, I got REALLY confused.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 15, 2015 11:53am | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

I would really like seeing this implemented into making builds.

Sorta like the store to buy items with, except no recommended items and just the little boxes to check off to find your item.

And if the old items are not gonna get erased, fine by me. Maybe indications to say which is not in the game or not? Cause I know that when I went on SmiteFire all new, I got REALLY confused.

well on the old items they at least doesn't get referenced any more when typing (talking about Shoes of the Magi and other items with similar names) and they aren't shown in the database itself or when building a god (old guides do have them but I believe a lot of them are archived or getting archived)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }