Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mask Tree

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Mask Tree 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » August 1, 2019 9:46pm | Report
How viable are these masks in Conquest? I really want to use it. Or is it very specific God related.

Why would an assassin/hunter/mage ever get LONOs Mask? Unless trolling, haha

I can see Warriors/Guardians using Rangdas Mask in solo. Maybe jungle. Mid and Duo are always high risk to be ganked so sounds bad.

Bumba's mask, feels like a supped up "speed boots" and is great for rotations. But is it worth the price? How soon should you get it? I forgo boots for this item. Especially for Gods who move like zzzZZ (jorm... Cabra cause his passive) The 10% DMG done and received doesn't seem so fun for a jungler or bruisers. Tanks are fine imo.

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 2, 2019 1:21am | Report
Bumba's Mask was somewhat popular for a time. Pros always say MS is OP. It was something Junglers would get mid-build, I think, but I don't remember.

Lono's Mask was very popular for specific Assassins (or Mages) playing Support, like Ne Zha before he got nerfed a lot. Yes, you trade a lot of damage potential, but that 20% mitigation is insane. Keep in mind, mitigation applies to all damage...magical, physical, true. It's the strongest form of protection, pound for pound.

Rangda's Mask is perhaps the trolliest, though Bumba's is right up there. It's for when you want to be a Guardian Jungler or something. I haven't seen anyone purchase in any game for a while. It's definitely not for solo.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » August 2, 2019 1:55am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:
Keep in mind, mitigation applies to all damage...magical, physical, true.

Oww.. I didn't realize that. Makes sense, then Oni Garb is really good! So that support asasin never build dmg then? What's the point though =/ ? I guess cause NeZha has lots of CC (slow, stun, knockup ult)?

So, would you advise against using Bumba during laning phase? When ganking you USUALLY have the # advantage, so it should be OK, no?

An Ares jungle w/ Rangda would be fun I guess. Blink, ULT, multi chain, flame. Or split pushing ADCs like Apollo. Push faster, ult away so you don't get wrecked.

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » August 2, 2019 4:52am | Report
Lono’s: Mage/Assassin supports, Rangda’s: Warrior/Guardian jungle, Bumba’s: Anyone (haven’t seen it built on hunter’s though).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » August 2, 2019 10:34am | Report
Masks originally were made to help people get some character out of their main role and put then on another roles (if I'm not wrong, it's what they said when they introduced the masks on the patch notes show).

For example, Lono's Mask when released was used a lot to make Fenrir go to solo and specially support (that later brought some nerfs to the mask and fenrir).

Rangda's Mask was used to bring some warriors and guardians to the jungle, since they are naturally more tank than other classes but even if they have decent damage, their damage fall a bit (or a lot) in some moment, so the mask helps keep them strong glass cannon as much assassins are.

And for last, Bumba's Mask was the most unknown propose. It gives you movespeed, that some characters appreciate like The Morrigan (an almost melee mage due her 1st skill), but this item was used a lot, then suddenly nobody is building it anymore.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 2, 2019 10:40am | Report
GaseousClay wrote:

Oww.. I didn't realize that. Makes sense, then Oni Garb is really good! So that support asasin never build dmg then? What's the point though =/ ? I guess cause NeZha has lots of CC (slow, stun, knockup ult)?

Oni Hunter's Garb is a very solid item, and has been popularly used for a long time, because it's solid. But keep in mind, it's also only 9% mitigation max (when 3 enemies are close), which makes it better as a teamfight item in the mid/late portions of a build. (Doesn't stop some people from building it early though...its stats are still pretty good outside of the passive)

This also should make you consider Spirit Robe. That has up to 15% mitigation, but it's for a brief time and only when activated by certain CC. But that's part of what makes that item appealing too.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » August 2, 2019 10:38pm | Report
Oh yeah, if enemy has multiple stuns I almost always get Spirit Robe on Tanks.
I haven't normally got Oni's cause of Genji's

I want to do Guardian/Warrior Jungle w/ Rangda's mask but the +25% DMG taken scares me away, haha.
I can see be aggro, get in, dump abilities , get kill and reset. Get fed and sell it before teamfights
Wish we could run it on Nem, haha. Maybe I will run Bumba's on her cause the 10% DMG taken should help w/ the shields.

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » August 4, 2019 11:26pm | Report
I've been getting Bumba's mask on my supports instead of boots, since I am not looking to do DMG.
Especially when my ADC is bad after I dish my kit it helps me run away instead off dying w/ him.

Thoughts? Would you still get boots for even more MS?

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » August 5, 2019 3:23am | Report
Getting bumba’s Over boots is a bit of a bad decision. Boots are cheap and efficient, and if you want more movement speed you can still get traveller’s.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » August 5, 2019 9:03pm | Report
true, would both be overkill? Thinking yes, cause I could use that money into other items.

GaseousClay

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }