This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Hey everyone, it's lustygrouper again with my second Smite guide, but this time we will be taking a look at Ymir, Father of the Frost Giants. This will be a less than conventional build as you can see from the item purchases.
The point of this is to take full advantage of Ymir's passive. His passive, Frostbite, makes his auto attacks do 50% more damage when you hit an enemy with one of your skills, and it lasts for a few seconds.
This build will focus around physical power, health and some movement and attack speed. The point is to boost his auto attack damage as high as you can while still maintaining some sort of tankiness.
- I like to start with this item and max it first. This is because it gives you speed which Ymir really needs, and it also gives you the physical power stacks. Early game it can prove to be very well against the squishy gods.
- I also start with these because it gives you the extra movement speed, physical power, crit and attack speed. A nice early game pick up to boost your stats. I max this item second.
- This will be your tank item that in the end gains you some decent physical power which I will explain with the next item. The health bonus and health regen with all the stacks is great for helping you survive.
- This item has perfect synergy with the . This is because it gives you extra damage based off your health. End game with all of these items you should have just about 4000 health. This gives you attack speed, health and a bump in physical power.
- These will give you another bump in health, attack speed, physical power, and a great passive to boot! All the things we are looking for in this build.
- I like to finish off with this because of the extra physical power, crit chance and crit damage. Makes those late game fights that much easier.
- This is a must have item on Ymir because he is a bit slow and his skills take some ramp up time. Great to stay on the enemies and give them no escape.
- I threw this in there just in case the game drags on and you want to buy another ability. It isn't neccessary but it is nice to have on Ymir.
So basically the skills are for applying your passive and doing insane damage to your enemies. But, they are also very useful in ganks, team fights and just general 1 v 1 play.
- His passive, the whole reason why I created this build and enjoy it so much. It causes your auto attacks to do 50% more damage to your enemies you hit with your skills for a few seconds.
- One of the better skills for team fights and for this build. Great for blocking enemies from running away or from joining a fight.
- This move will add some damage, slow the enemy and reapply your passive for that extra damage you're looking for. I max this last.
- This is our bread and butter. Freeze your enemies and apply the passive, they are stunned for 2.5s and you start hacking away.
- This is Ymir's ultimate. Not really a big part of this built because of the ramp up time. But, it can be used to deal some heavy damage quick if in a bad spot, and it will also apply his passive.
Overall, you will want to start with Frost Breath, then Glacial Strike then Ice Wall. Then start hacking away at them. Try to trap them in an area where their only option is to go past you to get to safety. Body blocking and continuing to auto attack is key.
- Great damage mid to late game
- Higher survivability than most physical damage gods
- Works great with most gods in the game.
- Surprise the other team with this build
- Not very useful early game
- Cooldowns are quite long
- Little to range at all
In my opinion Ymir works best with God's that also have a stun of a slow. I myself usually pair with my friend who plays an Anhur. This combo is INSANE and spells death for anyone caught out alone of overextends their lane. But really most God's will do the trick.
His stun makes his a great team player along with his wall. You could lane with an Anubis, or an Artemis or really anyone.
When in a 5 v 5 team battle try to wall out their dangerous God's and pick off their weaker ones. Then, try to gang up and destroy their more powerful/fed God's. If played well, this build will fit in with almost any lineup.
If anyone has any insights for me, or any questions please don't hesitate to ask. This is a very unorthodox build and if you're not very good I wouldn't suggest trying it. But, if you want to have some fun, smash some faces and kick major ***, then give a shot!
All feedback welcome! Thanks for reading everyone, once again this is lustygrouper and I hope you enjoyed this guide of Ymir.
P.S. My two best gameplays with this so far are: 20 9 16 and 8 3 18. Let me know how you all do!
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved