This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
This is a fun build that I love using when I play Ra. I've been playing him for quite a while now. In my opinion he is the optimal mage to have on any team. He has a pure damage ability, an ability with a pretty phenomenal slow and blind, a very powerful group healer and group damager ability, and finally a powerful and satisfying ult with a good base cool down.
Great all around God
Very good lane clear and pushing
good base cool down rate
deal a good amount of burst damage
Susceptible to stuns
ODIN IS EXTREMELY HARD COUNTER!
can't engage multiple gods at close range
Celestial Beam - This ability is a strait up damage ability (up to 335 at max level with 70% of your magical power added to it). It deals damage in a line, but it takes time for it to get from point A to B. And thus it does take a bit of skill to aim it. Excellent minion wave clearing.
Divine Light - This ability is best known for its slow and the blinding effect that it has on other enemies. The important thing to note here is that the percentage of the slow is 5% per stack of your passive. Aside from the useful movement speed Ra gains from his passive this is the other most important part of his passive. Divine Light also deals 220 damage at max level plus 50% of your magical power. So this still does a decent amount of damage.
Solar Blessing - This is a personal favorite of mine (especially in the solo lane). This ability will last for a total 6 seconds and has multiple functions in battle. It can deal up to 408 damage plus 120% of your magical power to enemies over the course of that time (although you will never be able to get them trapped in it for that amount of time). It can also heal you AND your allies for up to 360 health plus 90% of your magical power. This ability is partially why RA is so dangerous in a fight both by himself and with team members.
Searing Pain - This ability is exactly what it sounds like. A ton of damage!!! This ability does take about 1-1.5 seconds to fire after activation. During that time after activation you can not move so aiming it is very hard. However, should you hit your target this Ult will do 700 damage at max level plus 100% of your magical power. This ult can easily do over 1200 damage provided you have the right penetration and items. What makes this ult even more deadly is that at max level your cool down time is 50 seconds! Most high damage ultimates like this one take between 60-90 seconds to cool down. So having a lot CDR makes this Ult very powerful
- Dont get caught up with consistently spamming ra's abilities. You will be come very predictable! And that means enemies can avoid your harder hit abilities like Celestial Beam and Searing Pain.
- Anticipation is key when playing Ra. Being good at guessing where your enemy is going to be will help with hitting your abilities and dealing max damage in team fights.
- REMEMBER! Your abilities can go through walls. This is useful when ganking or entering a fighting situation. You can deal a bunch of damage to an enemy before they even realize where you are.
- Ra's slow from his Divine Light is excellent for keeping people in his Solar Blessing. Two ways I use this combo:
1. One is in a more defensive/sustain situation where I know I'm going to be attacked and I quickly pop my Solar Blessing and Immediately set off my Divine Light. I'll hide under my heal while my opponent attacks me. It heals me and damages them. If you have Celestial Beam ready use it then too. Ra's burst of damage often scares off the opponent because of how much damage he took in such little time. This however, is only gonna keep you alive if your facing one to two enemies, anymore enemies and you should be using your slow and heal to help you escape. Ra DOES NOT DO WELL WHEN HE IS ENGAGED WITH MULTIPLE CLOSE RANGED ENEMIES!
2. The second way to use this is to use it to attack. You're going to want to come at your enemy hard (Don't be dumb and use this method when you're out numbered, ra is still better at long range.). Lead with a Celestial Beam for some initial damage and then get in close and pop your Divine Light followed by a well place Solar Blessing. Try to contain the enemy the best you can inside your Solar Blessing but he's probably going to escape pretty quick and that's okay because he'll turn his back and run out and that gives you the best opportunity for you to hit him with your Searing Pain. If that hasn't killed him yet you'll have Celestial Beam ready most likely and you can chase him down and hit him with that for the final blow.
- Don't be a heal-hog! Heal your team because there success is your success. Keeping each other alive is more important than chasing after a possible kill.
- In team fights try to build up those stacks for your passive. Then use divine light and combo it with your solar blessing. Your slow is very helpful in team fights.
- If you are a person who worries about wasting abilities or burning through mana, don't be. When you are in need a quick escape, use your first 3 abilities to help build up those passive stacks which give you an increased movement speed. Make sure to use Divine Light last. You may not hit any thing with those abilities but you'll be alive and thats most important.
Thats about all the tips that I have found useful when playing ra.
Solo Ra for me is a different ability tree *** opposed to different items. In the solo lane, it has been my experience that you will get bombarded by junglers and multiple enemies in your lane. You will often find yourself without help from your jungler. Instead of raging like a 12 year old COD player because your jungler can't be everywhere at once, focus your ability upgrades on your Solar Blessing. That is going to be the key to your survival when you are getting ganked hardcore.
As for a mid lane Ra, you are going to want to up your Celestial Beam instead of Solar Blessing. Lane clear in mid is most important. You also won't have the mana buff from solo lane to help you so you may want to invest in a meditation.
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved