This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Hi there fellow Smiters ,
I have played Freya for over 10 ranks now and I thought I'd share my experience with her here .
Now , this is my first guide (hopefully not the last) so excuse me if I will forget to mention some stuff or , on the contrary , wrote too much useless stuff ,also , any criticism is welcome and I encourage you guys to tell me if there is anything wrong here .
I will try to keep this as short as possible , no one wants to read a wall of text but I don't want to skip on stuff I find interesting to mention on Freya .
Freya is labeled as "Melee , magical" but her abilities make her a mostly ranged god .
She has insane damage and late game few gods will not turn around and run at the very sight of you if you will build and play her right .
She is very squishy though and you will die very fast if you do not pay attention to what's happening around you .
These being said , let's go to the actual guide here .
Passive : Brisingamen's Blessing
- I really love this passive , 15% lifesteal is awesome to start with , combine that with the 15% from Polynomicon later on makes it 30% lifesteal .Enemies won't stand a chance !
- This skill is so very useful for taking down the buff camps .
- It increases the damage of Pulse is used in combo , however the damage of Irradiate itself is halved .
- Only use this alone if there is only one enemy facing you .
- This is your most useful skill , it does tons of damage , is used alone it also slows the enemy , if used in combo with Irradiate it will not slow the enemy but will do even more damage but you will run out of mana quickly .
- You should only use 1 + 2 combo if the enemy is stunned/snared or slowed already or you might miss some shots(especially early-game) and he may get away .
- This is your one and only escape & chase (except your ultimate) / way to help chased team mates .
- Always save it for the worst moments , it WILL do the difference between a Loki getting a kill on you or you killing Loki with a huge smile on your face after you'll banish him .
- Don't banish enemies with no reason unless they are trying to escape or to kill a team mate , you will give that enemy a free Aegis Amulet and they'll sure thank you for that .I know it happened to me when enemy Freyas saved me from Grasping Hands or Whirlpool .
- If a melee god is after you , just place Banish where you are and re-position yourself to finish him with Pulse or eventually + Irradiate . A smart enemy will turn back and run , if not ,you got yourself a kill .
4. Valkyrie's Discretion
- This is the best "finisher" ultimate in the game in my opinion . You are immune to everything while in the air (except you've got some over-time damage like Ao Kuang's tornadoesin which case you will die .
- The range is more than decent and you may kill a fleeing enemy hiding between his team mates .
- This is also your best bet on getting kills early game .
Shoes of the Magi
- A great started item , it provides the mana needed to last longer in battle instead of always coming back to the fountain as well as 50 magical power .
- Oh , that attack speed will make you much more effective in battle , you will throw more pulses at enemies and at this point you should be a moderate threat to the enemy team .
- I absolutely love this new item . That 30% attack speed will make you a ...pulse machine .
-Remember that Pulse counts as basic attack , which works great with Hastened Fatalis's passive , removing the speed debuff IF the attack hits an enemy .
-This will allow you to keep up with an enemy while throwing pulses at him .
-After finishing this item you should have no worry about always fighting with Irradiate + Pulse combo because you will be fast even when attacking .
-Some called me a "newbie" for using Fatalis and more recently Hastened Fatalis on Freya but I find that attack speed AND 10% movement speed a MUST .
-First , you gain no speed buff when using your ultimate and Fatalis made me get an enemy in my range which otherwise I would've missed .
-You also have no dash or ability to buff your ground speed and that 10% speed from Fatalis will prove incredibly useful when chasing or being chased , engaging or disengaging from a battle .
-This really makes Freya hurt so bad .
-After completing this item I change my tactics just a bit : if I have an enemy banished I activate Pulse , throw 2-3 pulses at the enemy , THEN , if the enemy is still standing (this means the enemy is not an assassin or mage) activate Irradiate .Make full use of Polynomicon's passive .
-Don't throw pulses at the enemy if the enemy is banished , try not to miss that first shot , it will do a lot of damage comparing to the rest of your pulses not "blessed" by Polynomicon .
Rod of Tahuti
-This is must on every damage-built mage and Freya makes no exception .125 magical power and 25% inceased magical power as passive is pretty amazing .It's costy , but it's worth it .
-The reason why I use this is because I enjoy taking down tanks .
-It provides 70 Magical power AND 33% Magical penetration .This will make tanks fear you .Will go in detail later on .
Why didn't I mentioned gem of isolation/binding here ? I don't use it .It's expensive and I already have a slow with my Pulse alone if I need it .I went for cheap items so that I may get actives more early after finishing my build .
-This active has saved my life so many times , I usualy get it first after finishing my build or earlier on if Odin is part of the enemy team as I sometimes have my ultimate down .
-I will get this early game right after my Shoes of the Magi are completed in case the enemy team has some hard crowd control like Ares , Athena , Ymir or Anubis .It's a very good item against Mercury too , but Mercury players rarely get to me because I am so cautious .It's good to have in any match though .
Your role in every arena match is to do most of the damage and eventually finish someone with your ultimate .
-At match start you should go for the speed buff for 2 reasons :
- You will love that extra speed especially with your ultimate since Hastened Fatalis isn't even started .
- 10% attack speed until you will build Demonic Grip and Hastened Fatalis will prove very useful .
-Don't initiate , never initiate , not even late game or you will die if the enemy team is smart enough .
-You will love 1 vs 1 fights , keep an eye out for enemies going for buffs and go for him if their team mates are far away from him .
-Save Banish for the same reasons I mentioned in the "Abilities" section .
-Don't roam around with less than 60% or greedy enemies will find their way to you .
-Make full use of that 15% and later on 30% magical lifesteal , recharge your life with a few pulses on minions .
-Don't hesitate to use your ultimate as an escape , 10/0 will always look better than 11/1 .
-Try not to use your basic attack or Irradiate alone unless the enemy is on your turf .
-Aim for enemies with very low hp so that 2 or max 3 shot will be enough to kill him with Valkyrie's Discretion, this way you will still have some time to retreat while being immune and in the air .
-You will get focused a lot in team fights so try to always stay between your team mates .
-Don't underestimate your damage if an assassin is after you , by the time he will get close to you he will be dead if you turn back and fight by keeping your distance in this time .
Note: This is the way I play , my main purpose is NOT dying , you are free to play as you will , enjoy your play .:)
I don't know what else to add here , I feel it's already too long and I hope at least someone reads it all to this point .
These being said (or written) here I put an end to this first guide of mine , I hope someone will find it useful in any way .Enjoy your time in the game and destroy everyone with Freya , THE Queen of the Arena .
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved