Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Videos & Streams F.A.Q.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » Videos & Streams F.A.Q. 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » November 28, 2016 6:03am | Report
How do I post a video or stream in a thread?

To post a video or stream in a thread / comment, and have it show up as a clickable box, you will need to use the [embed] bbcode. This is easily used by clicking the video reel icon at the top of the editing box and entering the url of the video. You can obtain the url of the video or stream by right clicking it and choosing the "Copy Video URL" option. It will then be copied to your clipboard and you can use paste or ctrl+v to paste the link.

If you need to do it manually, simply put [embed]your video / stream link goes here[/embed]

How do I add my video to SmiteFire's video database?

Just go to https://www.smitefire.com/edit/video to add a new video to our database. You may browse other user's videos here, and vote and comment on them.

How do I add my stream to SmiteFire's stream page?

Click on the gear in the top right (edit profile) and put your stream link where it says "Stream." You will also find these (MOBAFire) instructions linked right above that input box.

Forum Rules

In addition to the fact that all videos/streams posted in this subsection must adhere to our General Rules and Guidelines (e.g. no adult material), it should be clear that this subforum isn't meant to be a place for any content creators to spam their content. This forum serves as a place to share content and get others interested in the type of content you're creating, not to post so often that there's no room left for anyone else. As a general guideline, keep in mind that posting several videos across the span of multiple days/weeks is fine, while posting several times a day is not.

Should we determine that a user has created an account only to advertise their content without any interest in participating within the community, that person may quickly find themselves on the outside of it, at SmiteFire's discretion.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 30, 2019 9:59am | Report
For those that want to post videos, right now (and for the past while, as ownerbynight pointed out), the video posting button on the main videos page is...not present.

The workaround is in this F.A.Q. The button was a hyperlink to this page: https://www.smitefire.com/edit/video

A fix is in the works, but in the meantime, just use that link. Thanks!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 1, 2019 2:14pm | Report
This has now been fixed. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }