Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

This is why Loki is the one and only true assassin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » This is why Loki is the one and only true assassin 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » September 17, 2017 11:58pm | Report
Hey guys,

Quick edit: If you could do me the favour and watch the video actually on youtube instead of just in the forum on the embedded link that would be awesome. I embedded it for your convenience and coz I am happy to share the content. At the same time I am trying to build a channel on YT, so I hope you understand my approach. Like it or not I believe being completely honest about this is the way to go - not a secret anyway.

I am happy to bring you this Loki gameplay - took me a while to record what I deem worthy to showcase. I just love Loki - soo fun to play. As mentioned in the video I believe he is a true "hate it or love it" character - which side are you on?

I hope you enjoy watching

In case you missed an episode you can find the whole series on my YouTube

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 18, 2017 1:29am | Report
I'm a big Loki fan...I understand the hate, and he's not good for higher competition levels perhaps, but I find it very fun to play him. Thing is, I play him with a specific challenge always in mind. I look to always be as effective as possible while not dying often. It's easy for him to go in and secure a kill...but it can be difficult to get out afterward without dying, especially in a teamfight. I always count a Loki player a good one when I see them with 5 or less deaths in a normal match, while still contributing. It's a difficult thing to deal decent damage during a fight, and even more difficult when the enemy team is coordinated enough and hone in on you when you go for a kill. I'll give you 3 examples:
  • In this Arena match, I dealt 2nd highest damage on my team (great for a Loki I think), and had 0 deaths (didn't stop us from losing though, my team needed some help that I just couldn't give enough of...

• In this Assault match, I think I contributed best by not dying much.

• In this Arena match, my team won in spite of me. Xing Tian almost had as much damage as me. I noticed very, very early on in the match that anytime I'd go in, the entire enemy team (whoever was close) would converge on me almost immediately. They were all solo-queue, so I have no clue how they did it, but they did really well. So my game turned from sneaking and getting kills on unsuspecting enemies to trying not to die when I DID go in, and picking my targets and timing very carefully. But see, it's stuff like this that makes it fun for me, and although I didn't do well this match, it was a nice learning experience.
Anyway, I do see in your match history that you buy Hydra's Lament most of the time...just wondering, why did you skip it this time? Your stats were in fact very good in this match, so I'm not arguing results, but I've always considered Hydra's to be 100% core.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » September 18, 2017 3:47am | Report
Yeah loki fans unite!

I love to play him - and I totally agree on setting objectives for him when playing. getting out is indeed the hard part.
Regarding hydras - it IS 100 % core, thats why i buy it always! Honestly, I believe in this match i just forgot :))) And I know why. Usually I would buy hydras right after finishing boots and this time I went for the Jotun's to get some early pen against the the vamana+ Xing tian comp!

So yeah Hydra's is a must have usually - even though it turned out fine without in this game :)

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }