Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The most satisfying god in the game?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » The most satisfying god in the game? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » October 15, 2017 11:14pm | Report
Hello everybody,

after a little day off yesterday we start off the week with a bang playing the hand of death - Thanatos - in episode #77 of the SMITE A-Z gameplay series.
He is unbelievable fun to play so I hope that is the vide you will take away from this edit. So satisfying to play - it's unreal.

Check it out and please remember to LIKE/COMMENT/SHARE !
>

>

Get involved:

-> Discord
-> YouTube
-> Twitter
-> Facebook

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 16, 2017 10:46am | Report
His ult is probably the most satisfying in my mind, for pure visceral feel...crashing down from above with extreme violence and an immediate execution. Loki sometimes comes close, but Ao Kuang's is too delayed from initial input to make it feel like a proper execution (though it doesn't stop me feeling satisfied anyway).

That said, when they pop Meditation, Bracer of Undoing, Aegis Amulet, or you just straight up miss, it's pretty much the opposite, and I feel extremely stupid.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » October 16, 2017 11:02am | Report
Hahaha Bran! I totall y relate to 100% with everything said above - especially the last sentence - DOH!

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 17, 2017 12:39am | Report
missing thanatos ult is pretty hard if we count away most jumps or ulting from to far away

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 17, 2017 1:16am | Report
Well you might be a Smite God but I sure as hell miss my fair share...
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » October 17, 2017 9:58am | Report
Devampi SMITE god, confirmed!
I sure have missed some ults in the past. Ppl who play smart, hiding behind objects/wall in the jungle and stuff, well timed blinks and jumps....those things happen.

finding the double execute - that's when you notice the pro plays ;)

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 17, 2017 10:42am | Report
You want to see embarrassing? Check out the last game I played last night (had Gulfwulf, Taco, GGF, and DV-8 in it as well)...

I don't play Thanatos all that much, but I used the 400 gems I had on hand to roll a Halloween chest (was hoping for the new Grim Reaper skin, or barring that, the Awilix skin), and got Jack the Reaper instead. So I wanted to use it.

Bad choice. Our try-hard enemy team (I think 3 were mastery X with their chosen gods, with the others also being high mastery) and a light-hearted tilt (not pissed, just resigned to losing) on my end after the 3rd or 4th death wasn't a good combo. Also, temporarily forgot about not getting more than Jotunn's flat pen until after I had left the fountain, so I overcapped that stat, yay.

Barely even landed my scythe throws...couldn't even get close to them to pressure them with the silence and make them turn table to put it square in their backs, and when I was able to get close enough to them, they deked like crazy, so even point-blank, I barely ever hit.

At a certain point, I didn't even bother to go for an execute, because they'd be baiting me by staying in death-HP range but standing behind their other teammates...I think at least 3 of them got blink, and they pounced like crazy anytime one of us was even slightly out of position.

BLEH.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » October 17, 2017 12:17pm | Report
Been there, done that Bran!
Now past this point - at least with Thanatos. But honestly those are the moments , even when tilting slightly, my will to get better at SMITE awakes again. That IS needed every once in a while I believe to keep it interesting.

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » October 17, 2017 3:51pm | Report
Games like that are why I hide my profile. That and I don't think that triple crit really helped me any...The next time we go with a 5-man, I'm going with a god who has an escape.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 17, 2017 3:54pm | Report
XD Sorry Gulf, was using it to emphasize MY level of suck.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }