Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Winged Blade on supports

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Winged Blade on supports 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AnthraxSmite » March 17, 2016 10:22am | Report
Sorry there is no actual post but i was going to say that i believe winged blade is not very good on supports. If i buy it early game i feel i am too squishy and late game there are way better items like mantle of discord what are your thoughts on this topic?

AnthraxSmite

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » March 17, 2016 3:03pm | Report
Hi Anthrax,

Yup, overall, Winged Blade is not a good choice for supports. Supports usually aren't using many basic attacks, so the attack speed increase is a throwaway stat. The health is nice, but other options are better. The 10% movement speed and passive move speed increase are really best on squishy gods to help them escape dangerous situations. You can already get CC reduction on other items as well (e.g. Spirit Robe, Reinforced Shoes).

In the end, it's not an item for supports.

Now, if they brought back the CDR stat, it might make it more appealing for basic attacking warriors or assassins, but that's not the case. Oh well.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 17, 2016 3:10pm | Report
Only reason to get it really is if the other team has a lot of slows. I honestly never got why this item has been in the meta on supports. Why assassins used it was more clear

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » March 18, 2016 8:12am | Report
I also have a question about Winged Blade.
Recently, I played Zeus in a Joust 3v3, and the enemy Nemesis really didn't like me, to say the least.
Since she was always diving for me, I bought Winged Blade to help me escape (since no more Combat blink and I needed Purification, I didn't pick Sprint).

Then, on the next encouter, Nemesis dive once again on me and use Slice and Dice.
Winged Blade's passive proc, and I got the boost.
But then, right after, somebody used Curse, and I got slowed back once again.

In the description of Winged Blade, it says it gives you slow immunity.
But it appears it only removes active slow on you, but you can still be slowed after.

So, if that's the case, is spending an item slot for that really worth it ?

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 18, 2016 8:49am | Report
There is a difference between a movementspeed reduction and a slow. It's that you asked it otherwise I hadn't noticed Curse is a reduction instead of a slow

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » March 18, 2016 11:08am | Report
So, does that mean Curse does not proc Winged Blade passive ?

Them, why is Sprint (who gives slow immunity) countering Curse effect ?

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 19, 2016 1:43am | Report
probably cause Sprint is a movementspeed buff (I haven't seen the interactions myself but if sprint is used and then cursed is you movementspeed normal or slower. And if curse is used and then sprint is it normal or higher?)

but the only way I could guess WB passive doesn't proc on curse is because it's a reduction and not a slow

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }