Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Serrated edge on hybrid assassins?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Serrated edge on hybrid assassins? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » July 30, 2020 8:09am | Report
I thought about ultilizing the item on gods like Susano, Ravana, ect. who rely on AA canceling late game in order to deal decent damage, and usually end up using all there non-ultimate abilities in the process. Any thoughts?

Revenant7755

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 30, 2020 8:13am | Report
What do you mean by “hybrid” assassin’s? And yeah Sledge can be fine, not early, probably mid to late in a build instead of something like void shield.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » July 30, 2020 8:28am | Report
I didn't say sledge, I said serrated edge, and by Hybrid I mean Assassins who damage falls off significantly to the point where they either become brusiers or must rely on auto attack canceling with Hydra's in order to do the majority of there damage.

Revenant7755

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 30, 2020 8:29am | Report
Hybrid meaning relies somewhat more equally on both abilities and basics compared to full basic attack gods or full ability gods.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » July 30, 2020 8:38am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Hybrid meaning relies somewhat more equally on both abilities and basics compared to full basic attack gods or full ability gods.

^ What he said ^

Revenant7755

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 30, 2020 9:14am | Report
Revenant7755 wrote:

I didn't say sledge, I said serrated edge, and by Hybrid I mean Assassins who damage falls off significantly to the point where they either become brusiers or must rely on auto attack canceling with Hydra's in order to do the majority of there damage.

Damnit I misread. Anyway yeah Susano uses Hydra’s AA canceling well but I would still say he’s an abilty based assassin. Heartseeker helps for late anyway. And yes serrated can work, probably a bit better on Ravana though.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » July 30, 2020 9:44am | Report
True, given that Ravana has a quick attack chain compared to Susano. Still, it is useful to Susano for the variety of stats that it offers, so there isn't really anything to lose from picking over jotunn's or other common pen items

Revenant7755

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 30, 2020 9:58am | Report
Agreed with Kriega, Susano still ability-based rather than hybrid, Ravana more hybrid.

One thing to keep in mind when considering a god hybrid or not, it's not so much about attack canceling (which honestly every god can and should do when possible), but rather actual reliance on basics to some degree, or their basics have some special function for their kit, etc.

Ravana has his passive, which stacks by basic attacks, along with a short progression on his first 2 basics.

That said, although Serrated can work for Ravana, when you get to late game, he's not going to unload his whole kit usually. He'll save his 2 for anticipated incoming damage. Only time he'd quickly unload his kit would be in a 1v1 where he's got obvious kill potential.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }