Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Neith in solo lane?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Neith in solo lane? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 23, 2014 10:49am | Report
My question is how viable is Neith in the solo lane?

She has a great waveclear in her Spirit Arrow.

Fairly good sustain+poke in her Unravel.

She can definitely hurt early game against a warrior. Especially if her passive is utilized.

She can counter gods easily with items like Brawler's Beat Stick(that's right hel, I'm looking at you).

She also has an amazing team presence in her ultimate. Super easy to just shoot it right into the mid lane and help the mid lane secure a kill.

So, is she viable in the solo lane, or am I just a noob? xD

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » February 23, 2014 11:03am | Report
viable no but she can defently do it. but neith is a carry who needs kills. so she goes into duo for more kill potential.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 23, 2014 12:28pm | Report
It works kind of like Apollo/ Loki solo, you just farm farm farm. Get big and spread everyone mid late game.

And if you are able to get a kill or force the enemy out of the lane you can get some good tower damage with it due to your overall good damage output as a hunter.

So verdict:
It is a solid pick, but it ****s up team comps pretty bad because you most of the time want someone in solo to be able to be in the front line or be able to get to the enemy back line (like Loki). You already got a hunter and a mage in the back line so one more makes it very hard for the support to protect them :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 23, 2014 12:48pm | Report

It works kind of like Apollo/ Loki solo, you just farm farm farm. Get big and spread everyone mid late game.

And if you are able to get a kill or force the enemy out of the lane you can get some good tower damage with it due to your overall good damage output as a hunter.

So verdict:
It is a solid pick, but it ****s up team comps pretty bad because you most of the time want someone in solo to be able to be in the front line or be able to get to the enemy back line (like Loki). You already got a hunter and a mage in the back line so one more makes it very hard for the support to protect them :P

But, you would have much higher teamfight damage, meaning the tank wouldn't have to support for as long. So would it even out, especially with Neith's Root, stun, and attack speed debuff?

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 23, 2014 2:32pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

But, you would have much higher teamfight damage, meaning the tank wouldn't have to support for as long. So would it even out, especially with Neith's Root, stun, and attack speed debuff?

I pretty sure it can work, I've seen Apollo do good solo more than once.

So give it some tries ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 23, 2014 4:49pm | Report

I pretty sure it can work, I've seen Apollo do good solo more than once.

So give it some tries ;)

I have, I've done about 12 games with it. Won 8 of them. Had a positive KD in 11 of the 12 and I'm by no means good. xD

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » February 23, 2014 5:03pm | Report
there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, my team and I run neith solo and when we do not only do we like it cuz solo has presence in every teamfight without having to leave lane (which the enemy solo in a difficult spot) but it enables us to have the unorthodox lane comp we like to run examples being Odin and Vulcan(revamped traditional farm lane), Nu Wa and Ares (magical bully lane) , Tyr and Odin (our physical Kill lane) , we only use solo neith for those reasons mainly because in those comps the duo lane is somewhat the focus so we need to fill our hunter somewhere else rather than just doubling up on hunters or running no hunter at all (which can be a big risk at endgame).

My Verdict: yes, but depends on ur comp and map awareness of the neith.
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 23, 2014 5:14pm | Report
Aj17 wrote:

there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, my team and I run neith solo and when we do not only do we like it cuz solo has presence in every teamfight without having to leave lane (which the enemy solo in a difficult spot) but it enables us to have the unorthodox lane comp we like to run examples being Odin and Vulcan(revamped traditional farm lane), Nu Wa and Ares (magical bully lane) , Tyr and Odin (our physical Kill lane) , we only use solo neith for those reasons mainly because in those comps the duo lane is somewhat the focus so we need to fill our hunter somewhere else rather than just doubling up on hunters or running no hunter at all (which can be a big risk at endgame).

My Verdict: yes, but depends on ur comp and map awareness of the neith.

You forgot Aphrodite Chang'e duo lane. How can one forget that.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » February 23, 2014 6:18pm | Report
I actually imagine if Neith solo, the duo will be either Aphrodite and Hercules (super sustain lane) or Chang'e and Sobek (kill team)

BUT, here is the problem. A mage or a bruiser is more level oriented in their power while a hunter is more of item oriented, so because the bruiser or the support mage are going duo, they will share XP and will be weaker while the hunter solo will not be that affected

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » February 23, 2014 7:15pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

You forgot Aphrodite Chang'e duo lane. How can one forget that.

Not "forgot" , my team and I use the duo lanes that I listed, if other people use other lane comps that is of no concern to me. Other duo lanes such as the one you described are available though so long as they work and contribute to the team.
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }