Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Must Learn Mages?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Must Learn Mages? 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KellyG » April 16, 2014 11:50am | Report
Hello!

I wanted to open the floor to see what people thought are some must learn mages (and why).

KellyG

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 16, 2014 12:06pm | Report
Ra, because he is the most basic mage in the game. He is easy to play and you can contribute a lot to your team with him. If you learn to play Ra well you pretty much have the basics down.

He is about the only one that is I personally think is really handy to learn, but:
Ao Kuang, is really fun to play and can aid your team like no other if you get him down. If you have problems with laning he is also the ultimate solution to it.
He Bo, this one is not "must learn", but if you get him down you will have a much easier time using other burst mages. He is also pretty fun if you ask me.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 16, 2014 12:09pm | Report
Ra, Zeus, Ao Kuang, Agni

4 that are often/always picked competitively. He bo a solid 5th.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Demolibium » April 16, 2014 12:11pm | Report
Mages are very vital part of the damage area of the game. They usually dish out crazy dmg, have amazing lane clear and have probably the most crazy ultimates.
It is not compulsory to learn them but there are more number of mages than any other role so it would really open up lots of gods for u. The suggestion gods for me are same as comicbookguy's but id say that ra is a tough in terms of fighting as all his dmg skills are skillshots and it might be a problem for a new guy or anyone unfamiliar with ra or the game mechanics.All i can add is that posiedon is a pretty easy god as well, and his ultimate is a huge asset in a teamfight.
Signature made by me ofcourse :P
And here is my dear Signature Shoppe
Check out these guides which i adore:-
Fenrir Guide by DarkJaw
Anubis guide also by DarkJaw
Sobek guide also by DarkJaw
Agni guide by Nimec
Vulcan guide by Jordenito
Skype- vidit.agarwal97 (do not make fun this is my name =.=)

Demolibium

Prominent (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KellyG » April 16, 2014 12:36pm | Report
I'm not asking for beginner gods really, I'd like to think my Ra is decent.

I read somewhere that the most important mages to learn for ranked/competitve play are Scylla and Zeus. I always thought Zeus was hella OP, but is Scylla also an important god to know how to play.

As for Ao Kuang, I remember everytime I picked him in ranked, people would bash on me for picking him (this was months ago, though). Is he not a solid pick?

KellyG

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 16, 2014 12:39pm | Report
KellyG wrote:

I'm not asking for beginner gods really, I'd like to think my Ra is decent.

I read somewhere that the most important mages to learn for ranked/competitve play are Scylla and Zeus. I always thought Zeus was hella OP, but is Scylla also an important god to know how to play.

As for Ao Kuang, I remember everytime I picked him in ranked, people would bash on me for picking him (this was months ago, though). Is he not a solid pick?

He is, but he's so easy :3

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 16, 2014 1:00pm | Report
Scylla isn't a must-learn. As someone who like, wrote THEE guide on her, she's definitely not an end-all-be-all. She's a good pubstomper but that's it.

Ao kuang is definitely a solid pick. His now-reduced post-hit-delay let him chain abilities together. The only thing is, he has no escape. You need a solid team to make it work.

In the end, the top mid gods are Agni, Ra, and Zeus.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 16, 2014 1:22pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Scylla isn't a must-learn. As someone who like, wrote THEE guide on her, she's definitely not an end-all-be-all. She's a good pubstomper but that's it.

Ao kuang is definitely a solid pick. His now-reduced post-hit-delay let him chain abilities together. The only thing is, he has no escape. You need a solid team to make it work.

In the end, the top mid gods are Agni, Ra, and Zeus.

I'd say Ra fits better in Solo though :3

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 16, 2014 1:39pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

I'd say Ra fits better in Solo though :3

The thing about Ra is that he is really versitile. He can go mid, solo or even support and it won't be bad.

If you are not a beginner, I think mastering Hel is really benefitial.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » April 16, 2014 2:11pm | Report
Here are my top 3 mage picks(might seem biased, but it's not):

1.Poseidon(IV)- IMO, one of the most damaging mages in the game and famous for his waveclear. While I admit, his kit and his passive will take a while to get used to, I find him bery fun. Personally, I fnd CDR to work on him even if it's only Shoes of focus. It allows me to make nice ganks while mid lane enemy is away, because when you learn Poseidon well, you will know where to place the kraken effectively.

2.Agni(I): Dash, awesome waveclear, spammable ult. Come on, do I really have to explain? He's Agni for Odin's sake.

3.Chronos(None): Well, I find Chronos very unique. He's the only ranged mage apart from Nu Wa that is auto-attack based. His kit is very chainable and his 2 really helps him finish eating. The only thing I wish was changed was his ult though. He IS the God of Time, the least he should do is accelerate his enemies' age giving them a 30000% debuff, lol. It sounds op, but HiRez were the ones that thought of putting a God of Time.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }