Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hybridizing Gods

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Hybridizing Gods 11 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Hybridizing Gods - Good or Bad?
Good, it adds more depth to the game
Bad, let's keep it simple
Dunno
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » April 8, 2014 10:38pm | Report
You know how every other MOBA has hybrid scalings on most gods? Well, this is another way to add another dimension of balance.

For example, Xbalanque. His Rising Jaguar is stuck in a design trap. One way to fix it is to alter his design, but the other is hybridizing.

For example, give it 60% magical power scaling, and maybe add 20/10% scalings on his Poison Darts (dart damage/per tick). Boom. Now Xbal can be a viable mid mage, without affecting his performance as an ADC.

This isn't just me saying that it'd be cool to have more roles. These kind of scalings could also make it easier to balance some gods.

Let's say you want Artemis' poke to be more useful, without making it overpowered, while making it deal decent damage but still falling off. So make it deal magical damage. Early game, it'll hit hard. But as Art starts building physical ADC items, it'll start falling off due to the lack of penetration and whatnot.

Can you imagine the possibilities of this?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » April 9, 2014 3:46am | Report
I like the idea, but it will be kinda hard

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 9, 2014 6:26am | Report
I think they should maybe add a few hybrids in time, but I do not want them to make everyone like that. The physical gods dealing physical damage with skills is kind of a "Smite" thing and going away from that would IMO take away some of the stuff that makes the game stand out :P

I remember when Cupid had magical scaling, good times :P
And Freya with Demonic and Deathbringer x)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » April 9, 2014 10:31am | Report

I think they should maybe add a few hybrids in time, but I do not want them to make everyone like that. The physical gods dealing physical damage with skills is kind of a "Smite" thing and going away from that would IMO take away some of the stuff that makes the game stand out :P

You said that in other Mobas physical champions don't do physical damage. word.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » April 9, 2014 11:03am | Report
I really don't know, man. Hybrid Damage means more problems for Defense Building, plus, did you remember when Freya had both Magical and Physical damage scaling? It was way stupid.

But yeah, I think it's better to stay away from that. For instance, when I play on my smurf on League of Legends, everytime there is a free week with Katarina, people tend to build her as a Physical Damage dealer. Now, let's think about the following: Sobek looks to be Physical, but is Magical. Newbies will build him as a Physical damage dealer, and will be unsucessful.

Even though it opens different and interesting build paths( AD Ra was a thing), this will make the game too complicate for newcomers, in my opinion, of course.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » April 23, 2014 5:38am | Report
Oh the days of getting DeathBringer on a mage. *Starts Tearing Up*
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheOCiNciNeraToR » April 25, 2014 1:27am | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Now, let's think about the following: Sobek looks to be Physical, but is Magical. Newbies will build him as a Physical damage dealer, and will be unsucessful.

My worst games with ([Sobek]) have been trying to build damage, obv. He is a tank, and does a bit better with a full tank build, but i honestly dont understand how you can't see him as a bigger threat/more viable being built AS/AD, his kit obv. Wouldnt scale, but half DMG half tank seems like he would be more of a threat, i seemed to land more auto attacks waiting for CDs, and this is my main reason for this logic. Also, when he was built full damage, none of his skills hit any harder than a tennis ball to the chest, with AD the skills would be as useful, only the damage output would be there thanks to auto attacks and being in players faces as a tank.

Thats just my opinion.

TheOCiNciNeraToR

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 25, 2014 2:04am | Report
Not every moba has that kind of scaling, Dota for instance has strength/agility/intelligence and every god's main attribute is one of the 3. For str. you get hp+hp regen, agi. is attack speed+armor (physical protection) and int. is mana+mana regen. You will get the bonuses of each attribute, but you will only gain damage for your main one, but next to that you can also purchase static attack speed, hp, armor, ect. So that works out in dota :p.
Anyways, I do not see the need of over complicating things like LoL does, that is just my opinion tho.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » April 25, 2014 2:56am | Report
I don't mind if there is no hybrid damage but i want to play Physical Aphrodite :(

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » April 29, 2014 5:04am | Report
I want to play Crit Ymir. So Many Damage.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }