Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

GUIDE: Combat Text

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » GUIDE: Combat Text 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mittfel » June 1, 2013 4:02pm | Report
Wanted to make this thread for people that are unaware of the meaning of combat text. If I have missed something or you want me to add anything, please send me a PM and I will add it to the list.

First off we have the meaning of different colors:

White color symbolizes basic attacks of your god.

Yellow color means that the damage is caused by your items. Such as Hide of the Nemean Lion and Qin's Blades.

Orange color color symbolizes damage caused by your gods abilities, including damage caused by pets and damage over time.

Red color symbolizes that you are taking damage from anything unfriendly in the game.

Blue color symbolizes mana that has been restored by items and abilities. Examples are Vampiric Shroud and Aphrodite's Loving embraceLoving Embrace.

Green color symbolizes heals that are recieved by both items and abilities.

Secondly we have the font scaling. The size of the combat text is scaled based on your Physical Power or Magical Power shown at the top middle of the screen. This affects both basic attacks and abilities, including the damage caused by your pets and damage over time.

Thirdly we will go through what a critical strike and a non-critical strike looks like:

mittfel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » June 1, 2013 5:10pm | Report
Most of this is common sense, but thanks for posting it. Don't forget that yellow also symbolizes gaining gold and blue also means gaining exp. That's in your second picture, but still might be nice to mention.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » June 2, 2013 12:36am | Report
Aren't both of those pretty self explanatory though? I mean it even says +22xp, and +15g.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mittfel » June 2, 2013 9:39am | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

Most of this is common sense, but thanks for posting it. Don't forget that yellow also symbolizes gaining gold and blue also means gaining exp. That's in your second picture, but still might be nice to mention.

This guide is meant for people that are new to the game or still learning the basics, not for someone that has been playing it for several weeks. I'm not sure if I should really mention the exp and gold part since it is, as what Nogglez said, already stated after the number what it is.

I'll consider it if anyone else wants me to add it though. Thanks for watching.

mittfel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » June 2, 2013 9:46am | Report
mittfel wrote:

I'm not sure if I should really mention the exp and gold part since it is, as what Nogglez said, already stated after the number what it is.

There exist people who are literally too stupid to contemplate what those numbers mean. Spare them the use of their feeble minds.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » June 2, 2013 12:54pm | Report
I guess this guide could be useful, I mean most of the time, I'm just happy with knowing the difference between critical hits and non-critical hits
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mittfel » June 5, 2013 1:20pm | Report
coldhotshot wrote:

I guess this guide could be useful, I mean most of the time, I'm just happy with knowing the difference between critical hits and non-critical hits

I take that as this guide actually was useful then. ;)

mittfel

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }