Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Guan Yu - Build Discussion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Guan Yu - Build Discussion 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » December 18, 2013 10:03am | Report
I found myself playing Guan Yu in 2 differnet roles and builds:

1: Support Warrior/Bruiser
mystical mark, Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Ankh of the Golem, Bulwark of Hope, Frostbound Amulet

2: Damage CDR
Ninja Tabi, Transcendence, Jotunn's Wrath, focused voidblade, shield of regrowth Frostbound Amulet

I was wondering how do you like to play it and/or suggest some ideas of your own and comment about what is the best build for Guan Yu in your opinion.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 18, 2013 10:11am | Report
I prefer tanky bruiser.
First of all, I don't suggest Frostbound Amulet. 10% slow is not even worth the hassle of 2300g. health is a mediocre stat unless paired with a decent amount of protections (which one phys prot, one mag prot is not going to give), and 25 physical power might as well not even exist.

Shield of Regrowth is in the same boat for me, but at least it's *more* viable.

Otherwise, your 2nd build isn't bad. Transcendence isn't horrible. I'd have preferred Ankh or a lifesteal item like Soul Eater in place of it. Soul eater's health and lifesteal actually make it a not bad item, while Ankh provides protections that work nicely.

For your first build, if you're going to be support, max CDR. The heal works incredibly nicely.

Bruisers are a little more unique than tanks or dps in which they don't have a set path. Since they're a medium between damage and tankiness, they are the only role that's TRULY flexible. Tanks only really have wiggle room if the enemy team is DOMINANTLY one type - magic or physical. Bruisers get to decide, so I prefer to have a main 4 items, and leave 2 for situationals.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » December 18, 2013 10:50am | Report
Transcendence is an underrated item: the raw physical power it gives, as well as solving any mana problems, is better then most presume. I like to get it on Xbalanque, because he's mana-hungry through the whole game, and the phys power plus his 1 hits unexpectedly hard.

As for the topic:

MY general build is Mystical Mark or Ankh of the Golem/ Warrior Tabi or Ninja Tabi/Focused Voidblade/ Runic Shield or Jotunn's Wrath/ Malice/ Deathbringer. First item depends on who I'm laning against, boots depends on the enemies' team comp, and shield vs jotunn's, I almost always get Shield, only getting Jotunn's when they're low on magical power (like Nu Wa mid, everyone else except support physical).

Since I've found Guan Yu more of a physical caster earlygame and a basic-attacker late-game, I build accordingly. If I'm SUPER fat, and I got Ninja Tabi, I sell it for Warrior's when I complete everything else.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }