Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Divine Ruin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Divine Ruin 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaden » April 24, 2013 11:32pm | Report
Divine Ruin you know i never see this picked up in game, i can see the practical use for it but what makes it that no one ever purchases it?

the fact that it reduces healing is great but is it easier to just pick up a more damage orientated item that can maybe do more damage and probably outdo the heal debuff? maybe upping the dmg to 70mag since most magic items are around that level of damage anyway, making this one subpar.
alternatively maybe the item should be reworked to suit mag tanks like sobek better.

also its a 2 sec duration if i recall correctly, is that not especially for a mage, too short of a timer?

Kaden

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » April 25, 2013 1:13am | Report
The biggest problem at the moment is that Magical Lifesteal as a stat is broken to the point where you hardly gain anything out of stacking it. So what you'd really be getting is an overpriced 50 Magical Power/150 Mana item most of them.

That isn't saying the item is completely useless. Negating 50% of ALL healing sources (Healing, Lifesteal, and Regeneration) is very strong against certain gods. It neutralizes Vamana's ultimate and Hercules's 3, which normally allows them to absorb your team's attacks like a sponge. It keeps lifestealing gods like Arachne and Kali from surviving off of you. It weakens Hel and Aphrodite ability to save teammates with pinch-healing. If HP recovery is what is really allowing your enemies to come out on top, having a Divine Ruin or it's physical counterpart the Brawler's Beat Stick can go a long way towards eliminating that advantage.

In the new Assault mode, I pretty much make it a habit of mine to always build an anti-healing item if the team has any gods with healing or regeneration. If the enemy team has Vamana, Aphrodite, etc. and nobody on your team builds these items to counter them, then your team deserves to lose.

Also, the debuff lasts for three seconds, not two, two is the amount of times it can stack. DoTs like Ao Kuang's Tornadoes will contantly reapply it, so it works for spammy and DoT-based gods.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » April 26, 2013 6:31am | Report
I tested this back in the days, and it is as Sunfall already said :

Why would you wanna pay so much gold for 50 MP / 150 Mana.
It's kinda worthless, since magical lifesteal is just broken in a bad way.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 10, 2013 1:35am | Report
The idea behind Divine Ruin is to pick it up to counter heal abilities. Unless the enemy team has a healer as Sunfall pointed out, the item is useless.

By making it so that it is worth picking up always (by upping the magical power to 70), you are going to ruin gods that has healing abilities like Hel etc.

I would recommend making the tanks (if they are magical) pick up one each, because as you said the damage is weak so it would hurt the dps on a magical carry.

Personally I don't like Brawler's Beat Stick, but if you are up against a ton of heals it would be a good pick. But I always recommend going for Divine Ruin instead if you only need one of them.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }