Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Design 101: Themes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Design 101: Themes 13 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 11, 2015 8:57am | Report
I think my main disagreement is that making unrepetitive original gods (and notably balanced gods) isn't directly linked to having a strong tie to their theme. While having a theme can help shape a god and give them some distinguishable features, you can still easily make a unique god even without being as tied to it.

However, the case still rests that Smite is lacking both in thematic cohesiveness and in some cases the originality of gods' kits. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see god design improve in both these areas and they can go hand-in-hand, but I'm simply more concerned with the second issue than the first.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » June 11, 2015 1:14pm | Report
If u mean usable as in viable, well, most probably i would say yeah. Poppy almost never see light in competitive but is dominating in most pub games. Each patch also seems to cause every champions to move up and down the tier (like seriously, urgot hecomes god tier from trash tier). However, some champions can also be played in competitive if the group wants too (see Unicorn of Love), but like most games, it is never possible to find true balance.

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 12, 2015 3:29am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

If u mean usable as in viable, well, most probably i would say yeah. Poppy almost never see light in competitive but is dominating in most pub games. Each patch also seems to cause every champions to move up and down the tier (like seriously, urgot hecomes god tier from trash tier). However, some champions can also be played in competitive if the group wants too (see Unicorn of Love), but like most games, it is never possible to find true balance.

LoL will never have the rate of used champions that DotA has in a tournament (according to some sites LoL world championship had a pick/ban rate of ~51% of all the characters. While dota had only 10 non picked heroes last TI (and as far as I know this year they are picked/banned already in the qualifiers. another difference in these numbers is that I don't know if the LoL ones are starting at the qualifier)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }