Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best backdoor strategies.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Best backdoor strategies. 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZHA Shadow » June 30, 2015 12:37am | Report
I had a few cool backdoor strategies, theories I'd like to share. Let me know any that you use.

1. Apollo ult (Lots of combos with this so this will take up the first few.)
2. Nox can actually ride on Apollo's chariot with him with her dash and she won't pop out and fall until he lands. Nox can also ride almost any god making her useful including for certain Ratatoskr when he's in his ult.
3. Athena + Apollo ult - Not sure what happens if Athena ults an Apollo in the air. Does she just stay there until he lands then teleport or teleport under him where he is at the moment.
4. Apollo ult + Ward + Shielded Teleport - This is simple, Apollo ults, places a ward by the titan, the team uses shielded teleport to teleport to it. This requires everyone on the team to have shielded teleport taking up an active. This won't be a problem for the solo laner but the other people will need to use an active on it. I could really only see this on Joust, or maybe Siege.
5. Thor ult may be viable. You'd have to get relatively close to the Titan and make sure the enemy doesn't hear you.
6. Ratatoskr ult could work if the enemy was stupid and didn't see you.
7. Thanatos ult is in the same boat as Thor's ult.
8. Janus special. Janus ult is an amazing back door on siege. Ult straight up the middle then place a threshold and walk all the way to the Titan. It works well from the enemies' attack speed camp in Joust and maybe where is branches off lane to red buffs. I'm not sure where a good spot in Conquest is because the objective is to walk the least distance so the portals don't go away.Here's an image of the Conquest map though if you want to study it and see some good places.
9. Loki has a great backdoor. He can walk as far as possible then go invisible when nearing an enemy. If needed he can ult/combat blink through walls if there is no way to go around without being seen. I recommend have lots of map vision for this though because if he gets seen it's over especially if he's really deep and alone. (Nox in loki while invis is unseen to so if Nox wants to help out that could work. Make sure she's in him for all blinks as well.)
10. Athena can ult to anyone at the Titan to tank if necessary although this requires one of the other backdoor methods to be preformed first.
11. Greater blink can be used on any god to blink through a essential wall without being seen.

That's all I have come up with more I'll update the post.
-Shadow Out

ZHA Shadow

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » July 12, 2015 10:49pm | Report
Since I've fully mastered Athena, I can tell you this :

Athena cannot ult Apollo while he's using Across The Sky, since he's considered a weird mixture of Banished and Un-Target-able. However, she can ult to him while he's channeling the ability, but she'll stay where he first was before the charriot arrived.

So yeah.

Also : Backdoor is a scummy thing. :P
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 13, 2015 4:22am | Report

Also : Backdoor is a scummy thing. :P

backdooring is one of the most funny things to do (base racing is also fun unless you know you will lose it for sure) especially if it are the creeps/minions backdooring (search for dota wtf and you can see some ancient/nexus saves but they forget 1 creep)

(still it's way harder to backdoor in dota (excluding ancient) then in smite as the backdoor protection is bigger (you need to be able to do enough damage quickly enough so you hack through the backdoor protection healing if you don't have creeps/minions close (excluding the ancient). this is on top of the 1st tier tower needs to be down before you can even target the 2nd tier.)

I don't recommend backdoors that much as normally the titan can kill you really easy if you are squishy and if teh other team is a bit alert they will see you are attackign him so a recall can ruin it

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 13, 2015 5:40am | Report
That moment when the other team tries to backdoor, you die in the fight, but you stop them, but then your team lets them win because winions.

XC
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }