Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

athena support

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » athena support 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » July 11, 2013 6:52am | Report
i have currently been testing a full on athena support with the idea of jumping to a low god then healing them up with salvation it has been working quite well. I was wondering if anyone has tried midgardian mail + confound in practice because on paper it sounds good

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 12, 2013 4:25pm | Report
I would advice against it actually (same with gem), because the slow makes it so that you can't pull the enemy as far as you can if they move at full speed ;)

But the heal thingy is a great idea!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » July 12, 2013 5:09pm | Report
true but i have found it to have alot bigger effect in time fights having there carrys attacks speed reduced by 30% and if you add a witches stone to that you can almost shut down there carrys

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 13, 2013 5:42am | Report
hmm, good point ;)

Would at least work very good against ranged carries (if they aren't smart enough to not attack you while taunted).

I don't play Athena much myself, so I can't really say how much the slow effects the taunt. But I think I would at least build Midgarian Mail lategame, because early it is very important to be able to pull someone for a long distance (into towers, ganks etc).

But as you said the attack speed debuff would be good when you get into teamfights mid/late game.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » July 13, 2013 6:32am | Report
yep well its still all in the works i still need to get a lot better at athena, first time really thinking out my own build

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 13, 2013 2:07pm | Report
Would at least work very good against ranged carries (if they aren't smart enough to not attack you while taunted).

When you're taunted, you automatically attack for the duration of the taunt, assuming you're within attack range.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 13, 2013 2:24pm | Report
Oh I thought you could just, not auto attack and you would only chase. I've never gone against a Athena as a ranged though, only as melee and then I've always just been forced to chase and never gotten in attack distance :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }